What exactly would the test prove? That the Z30 still lacks key apps and blackberry is promising they will come soon? Sorry, but it's going to take much more than 'the biggest blackberry fan' to convince me that the Z30 is better than an iPhone 5s. Some of us actually prefer an opinion that isn't biased and don't buy on promises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    But that's it iPhone is only better with apps weather your a fan or not that's the truth

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    10-13-13 11:43 AM
    But that's it iPhone is only better with apps weather your a fan or not that's the truth

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure thats what a lot of people here believe.

If only it were true.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    10-13-13 12:22 PM
    64-bit in the new iPhone will not currently provide appreciable benefit. What it will do is open up far more capabilities for tighter integration with OSX in future development. 64-bit is a long game that Apple is playing with a view towards normalizing the experience between phone and desktop. If you view it only as a marketing gimmick or an attempt to gain performance benefit, right now, in terms of speed, you are missing the bigger picture.

That said, I love my Z10 and it's smooth and fast as heck regardless of hardware spec. Nice job blackberry!

RitalinHum:: C001211E2
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-13-13 12:43 PM
    On a more serious note though.... The A7 beats quad-core Snapdragon 800 clocked at 2Ghz+ in most benchmarks. Why would anybody think a last generation dual core chip running 1.7Ghz could compete?
    lol show me these results please, ones i've found the A7 chip don't even beat out the HTC one don't even come close to the SGS4
    10-13-13 12:48 PM
    lol show me these results please, ones i've found the A7 chip don't even beat out the HTC one don't even come close to the SGS4
    AnandTech | The iPhone 5s Review
    go the the performance section
    10-13-13 12:56 PM
    Maybe you should read the OP post once more. I don't see him talking about any apps whatsoever. Read more carefully before acting out.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, iOS having more apps was a given, I was just curious as to general benchmarks tests like browser, sound, multitasking, those kinds of things.

?10
    10-13-13 01:13 PM
    Yeah, the request of the post was just general benchmarks and useability side by side. Browser, multitasking, messaging, that kind of thing.

Didn't think the thread would make people so snippy?

Lol

?10
    10-13-13 01:26 PM
    Try to keep in kind guys benchmarks are great. But that's all they are. There isn't much correlation between high benchmarks and and high user functionality.

Benchmarks usually only Guage how fast a one or a zero travels down a pipeline, I am more interested in what is done with the one or the zero when it makes it to the end of said pipeline. That's where it becomes user experience.

?10
    10-13-13 01:39 PM
    AnandTech | The iPhone 5s Review
    go the the performance section
    Why is the Z10 never included in those comparison tests?
    10-13-13 01:52 PM
    because the benchmark apps aren't compatible with BB10....
    richardat likes this.
    10-13-13 01:56 PM
    What exactly would the test prove? That the Z30 still lacks key apps and blackberry is promising they will come soon? Sorry, but it's going to take much more than 'the biggest blackberry fan' to convince me that the Z30 is better than an iPhone 5s. Some of us actually prefer an opinion that isn't biased and don't buy on promises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Wow.

Buzzkill much?

You must be so popular in parties. 0.o
    sallenthornton likes this.
    10-13-13 02:15 PM
    Am I wrong, or was that apples to apples?
    10-13-13 02:20 PM
    because the benchmark apps aren't compatible with BB10....
    Don't know whether to laugh or sneer at that comment
    10-13-13 02:31 PM
    Inded. it's actually true....benchmark apps for BB10 lag behind (ba-doom boom!)
    10-13-13 02:59 PM
    What good is a "performance comparison" for chips when the test units run different operating systems? To say that the A7 is a faster chip than a Snapdragons 800 because we are testing iOS vs Android is beyond ridiculous.
    10-13-13 04:29 PM
    What good is a "performance comparison" for chips when the test units run different operating systems?
    Good point.
    10-13-13 04:41 PM
    ??... Developers aren't developing... what else can you do... the least they could do is take the android app and port it.
    10-13-13 08:18 PM
    Developers aren't developing... what else can you do... the least they could do is take the android app and port it.
    There was a poster a long time ago who went deep into detail about the resources that would go into supporting an app after it's been ported. It's pretty substantial. Thus the reluctance to port.

Porting it then not supporting it is not the ideal situation for end users.
    10-13-13 08:29 PM
    There was a poster a long time ago who went deep into detail about the resources that would go into supporting an app after it's been ported. It's pretty substantial. Thus the reluctance to port.

Porting it then not supporting it is not the ideal situation for end users.
    Well geekbench 2 is here. And been here for months now.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 08:36 PM
    Well geekbench 2 is here. And been here for months now.
    Ok I don't think we're on the same page, yo.
    10-13-13 09:12 PM
    Ok I don't think we're on the same page, yo.
    Yes I understand what you are saying. I just don't believe their excuses when geek bench were able to release fairly quickly.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:21 PM
96 ... 234