Why would it matter if they purchased 80,000 BB? What matters is that revenu stream from the 100,000 devices + the publicity that this brings to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:34 PM
    I work for the Feds. I just got a BlackBerry phone upgrade TO A BOLD! Why on earth do you think all upgrades lead to BB10? Also- why should our tax payer dollars be wasted on buying 80,000 BlackBerry 10 phones when they have plenty of older models to dole out to employees on BES? As a taxpayer, that would enrage me. It is not the Federal Government's job or the taxpayers to support BlackBerry. It is BlackBerry's job to provide needed services for which they are being paid. Not surprising they are not buying 80,000 new phones- why would they?

Posted via CB10
    Is that why they didn't go with Iphone cause it costs too much?

Since you work for the Feds.. you must be privileged to have the DOD inventory count on the number and types of BlackBerry phones they have. Did you talk to the same guy the Verge allegedly talk to? Huh?

Maybe you should convince the DOD to stick with flip phones as a cost save...

I'm sure the cost of the BB10 phones is a drop in the bucket to what other defense projects are budgeted at.

Posted via CB10 on my z10
    RTK90 likes this.
    01-23-14 05:40 PM
    I never understood the news to be about a purchase of new BlackBerry devices. It was just an announcement for support.

BB Proud
    01-23-14 05:44 PM

Since you work for the Feds.. you must be privileged to have the DOD inventory count on the number and types of BlackBerry phones they have. Did you talk to the same guy the Verge allegedly talk to? Huh?

Maybe you should convince the Feds to stick with flip phones as a cost save...

I'm sure the cost of the BB10 phones is a drop in the bucket to what other defense projects are budgeted at.

BlackBerry phones are not a "defense project." So sorry you are so offended that the DoD is showing fiscal responsibility in this matter. Once again, BlackBerry fans cannot believe anything is more important than BlackBerry and it's "superior OS". And as far as what I know- it's none of your business what I know. Neither I nor DoD answers to you.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:47 PM
    BlackBerry phones are not a "defense project." So sorry you are so offended that the DoD is showing fiscal responsibility in this matter. Once again, BlackBerry fans cannot believe anything is more important than BlackBerry and it's "superior OS". And as far as what I know- it's none of your business what I know. Neither I nor DoD answers to you.

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about? And why are you twisting my words and playing the fan card.

It's about security and the DOD has chosen the best security system at this time.

I agree that no one knows what the DOD is planning for their phones except that the majority will be BlackBerries and the system will be Blackberry. So what make you the foremost authority that the blackberries will be solely BBOS.. have you done their budget and placed the orders?

http://www.nextgov.com/mobile/2014/0...-system/77105/

http://www.disa.mil/News/PressResour...ity-Capability

habs_fan and damien kupuku like this.
    01-23-14 06:05 PM

Maybe you should convince the DOD to stick with flip phones as a cost save...

You need to ask yourself: Why would the DoD want BB10? There is no real answer. There is no real benefit for the BB10 platform there, it's simply more expensive. They will continue to use legacy OS, just as most are.
    bbq10l, JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    01-23-14 06:14 PM
    did the dod not say they would not be buying new phones just a couple of months ago?? maybe i am wrong...

but will will find out, cause barack (i am going to run this country into the ground)obama says they won't let him have an iphone... we shall she is the dod allows them or not cause he should switch right away if thats true..
    01-23-14 06:20 PM
    The article quotes a "statement" from the Department of Defense, not a "source" or "an insider." To believe the report is false, you'd have to believe The Verge lied about receiving a statement from the DoD. Is that your position?
    Funny enough the nextgov article quote DOD officials too.. now which one to believe ... hmmm

BlackBerrys Will Make Up 98% of Mobile Devices on New Defensewide System - Nextgov.com

And please don't claim that the media never makes up stories to get hits... Cause if you're challenging me to 100% believe their story I would never take that bet...

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/03...ng-blackberry/
    01-23-14 07:01 PM
    Funny enough the nextgov article quote DOD officials too.. now which one to believe ... hmmm

BlackBerrys Will Make Up 98% of Mobile Devices on New Defensewide System - Nextgov.com

And please don't claim that the media never makes up stories to get hits... Cause if you're challenging me to 100% believe their story I would never take that bet...

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/03...ng-blackberry/
    No one is saying that BB wont make up 98pct of DOD phones or that DOD is dropping BB. They are saying that the DOD has not PURCHASED 80k new BBs, which is what the rumors have been about.

Even if the DOD was buying 80k BBs, that means nothing in the scheme of things. It's not even 5% of the meager amount BB is already selling each quarter.

Not every non-crackberry article is some of sort of pro-short attack article on BB.

Sent from Galaxy Mega 6.3 using Tapatalk
    JeepBB and Pete The Penguin like this.
    01-23-14 07:17 PM

DoD: We're Not Dropping BlackBerry | TechnoBuffalo
    where does it say they will be bb10 devices? oh right, nowhere.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    01-23-14 07:37 PM

DoD: We're Not Dropping BlackBerry | TechnoBuffalo
    Seriously? It's theVerge!

And the two articles don't even contradict each other. The NextGov article makes no mention of an 80000 device purchase. It is clearly referencing to devices already in the existing inventory that will be connected to the new MDM.

But some individuals want to twist the Pentagon statement (in the NextGov article) into something dubious and unclear. Even then, asserting that one is 100% confident the article is referencing to "purchases" is just twisting words. No "purchase", no "BB10", etc. etc.
    21stNow and Pete The Penguin like this.
    01-23-14 07:38 PM
    where does it say they will be bb10 devices? oh right, nowhere.
    Where does it say they aren't? Oh right, nowhere lol.
    Either way it's still good news for BlackBerry it's been widely talked about already thus giving BlackBerry free good publicity

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    01-23-14 07:40 PM
    No one is saying that BB wont make up 98pct of DOD phones or that DOD is dropping BB. They are saying that the DOD has not PURCHASED 80k new BBs, which is what the rumors have been about.

Even if the DOD was buying 80k BBs, that means nothing in the scheme of things. It's not even 5% of the meager amount BB is already selling each quarter.

Not every non-crackberry article is some of sort of pro-short attack article on BB.

Sent from Galaxy Mega 6.3 using Tapatalk
    Believe whatever you want but the original article stated in detail the extent of the implementation from the DOD..

"The new year will bring new mobile capabilities to as many as 100,000 DoD users," Pentagon officials said in a statement. "DoD will begin deploying version 1.0 of the unclassified mobility capability�Jan. 31�and will build out capacity to support up to 100,000 users by the end of the fiscal year."
    At the end of the month, users of the mobile device management system will have access to an app store, support for Defense encryption keys, and several departmentwide services, including enterprise email and Defense Connect Online.�
    Around May, the Pentagon will add a business software package so that users can edit Word documents and other Microsoft Office files.
    There currently are 16 apps available, and 90 programs under evaluation.�

Sure sounds like a pretty big implementation that would work well with BB10.. work/personal profile, secure private app store, docs to go..

Having a hard time thinking their going to be able to support this kind and level of implementation with existing BBOS devices. To me the Verge article doesn't say much and enough for me to believe it wholeheartedly.

01-23-14 07:40 PM
    Well this isnt entirely accurate, the title anyway, or the reply. For Enterprise there is already a BES10 and SCEP set up. Agencies can already use it lol. Also several agencies already have them.

Also called this
    I'm at a loss as to the point you're trying to make. BES10 and SCEP have no bearing on the topic at hand. The thread (and the article it referenced) addresses a misnomer that BBRY may or may not have sold 80k devices.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    01-23-14 07:42 PM
    One, the stories don't conflict.

Two, I didn't make a generalization about the media. I asked you whether you believe The Verge (specifically) falsely reported that they received a statement from the DoD. If that's what you believe that's fine, but have the courage to say it. Don't hide behind a generalization regarding the media at large when that wasn't the question.
    Um he did say he doesn't believe the verge lol in this quote

I know I'm not a famous blogger.. but I called Bob.. he works at the DOD and he confirmed it for me too... yep no contract or phones for BlackBerry... lol

Choose what you want to believe but I'm not going in blindly and haphazardly believing the Verge at this point especially with their track record regarding BlackBerry.

I've learned the media cannot be trusted regarding BlackBerry all the time.. so I guess you can always read between the lines.. the DOD is sticking with the BlackBerry security service and using a heck of a lot of their phones...

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 07:47 PM
    True, but then we look to The Verge's piece, where they claim the DoD provided the following statement:

"Absolutely no new orders have been placed for new BB devices. The DISA press release put out Jan. 16 never alluded to any devices being purchased. The 80,000 BBs and 1,800 non-BB devices referenced in the release are legacy systems already in DoD inventories."
    Yup the updated piece says that, and I saw other articles on CNN I believe that said they aren't buying any new ones. But the first article was unclear.

I'm not worried about it, sure it would be good if they were all new BlackBerry 10 devices. But whatever happens it still got BlackBerry in the news all over the place which is great

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 07:53 PM
    One, the stories don't conflict.

Two, I didn't make a generalization about the media. I asked you whether you believe The Verge (specifically) falsely reported that they received a statement from the DoD. If that's what you believe that's fine, but have the courage to say it. Don't hide behind a generalization regarding the media at large when that wasn't the question.
    Guess I need to spell this one out for you.

One, the second story addressed the DOD publicly stating that articles claiming that they have stated that they were dropping blackberry were false...

"Earlier this morning we covered a report that suggested the Department of Defense was ordering 650,000 iOS devices – a clear hit to BlackBerry. That isn’t true, the Department of Defense said in a recent statement.

“The department is aware of recent reporting that asserts it is ‘dropping’ BlackBerry,” Lt. Col. Damien Pickart, a DoD spokesperson, told PCMag in a statement on Thursday, reverting the report first published by Electronista. ”This reporting is in error. The department recently released its mobility strategy and supporting implementation plan, which clarifies we are moving towards a mobile management capability that supports a variety of devices, to include BlackBerry.”

Or did you happen to believe these false articles at the time as well..

Second, I have the right to be skeptical because of biased articles I've read like this in the past regarding BB .. even on the Verge.. if you wholeheartedly agree with the Verge then I'm happy for you.. all I advise is that you don't bet your life on it cause if you find out they were wrong in the near future I wouldn't want you taking your life .. get it???
    01-23-14 08:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    DoD fiscal responsibility. I believe that is an oxymoron.

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw and cwalt2166 like this.
    01-23-14 08:13 PM
    Apparently you haven't been in any of the fed offices to see brand new 5 year old computers stacked to the ceiling that were purchased for "budget" reasons. Probably the same with the phones.
    01-23-14 08:15 PM
    You're assuming there is a revenue stream. I don't believe this MDM solution is BBRY's. . . I think it comes from another vendor.
    If they are legacy devices, doesn't that correspondingly bring the high margin service revenue on an ongoing basis?
    01-23-14 08:43 PM
    There was no hate in The Verge's article, it was fair and unbiased.
    The Department of Defense confirmed the facts in a statement provided to The Verge

BlackBerry should have cleared this up already. They didn't. That's a big fat failure in my book.
    so you are criticsing BB for not coming out and saying something...what would they actually say? and now you are quick to jump on BB as allowing a 'false' story to run,,,,didnt remember you being so 'concerned' when all those lies was being spread about the company...your petticoat and others are showing....Please note that I am not questioning the article just your 'righteous indignation'....
    01-23-14 09:48 PM
    Your �spelling� isn�t so hot. This isn�t about other stories. As far as I know, The Verge has never previously claimed to have a statement from the DoD when in fact they did not have one, and none of those false stories you cite included anything describes as a statement from the DoD. Instead, it was a source, an insider, or �so and so is reporting� that was used to support those stories, not an actual, on-the-record statement from the DoD. That�s the difference between this story and the �false� stories you cite.

You still haven�t answered the question: do you believe The Verge is falsely claiming that it received a statement from the DoD? It�s a yes or no question that has nothing to do with whether or not I �agree� with The Verge. I will say that I don�t believe they would offer what they claim to be a statement from the DoD unless they actually had a statement, but I�m a rational person. . . YMMV.
    This argument is getting extremely tedious so I'm done with it. If you choose to put your faith in media and the Verge so be it. I really couldn't care less. I do not... is that clear enough for you... I don't believe them.. now is that clear enough for you. If it was a direct quote from the DOD, where's the exact statement with quotation marks and the DOD representative's name like the techno buffalo article had? Insider perhaps? Huh? I don't trust the media and the manipulators out there.. kind of like you trying to manipulate me and others. I've proved my points with cited examples like others have in this thread. If you choose to ignore them and ignore reading the articles cited then that your problem.

Pleasant dreams. I'm bowing out if this discussion because as I have stated before discussing with you has become dreadfully tedious and redundant.

Last edited by lynxs_claw; 01-23-14 at 11:54 PM.
    01-23-14 11:37 PM
    I am not sure if I am misreading or every one else is so stuck on devices. These 100 k devices is for UNCLASSIFIED info only that inlcludes 80k BBs and rest is rest...So MDM along with devices for classified info is still open or they will continue using over 500K BBs.
    That is what I read.
    01-23-14 11:41 PM
    I'm surprised people are bothering with phone details. There's no money in them especially when they're discounted. The money is in services.

Posted via CB10
    The company in your avatar disagrees.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-24-14 03:11 AM
    I know I'm not a famous blogger.. but I called Bob.. he works at the DOD and he confirmed it for me too... yep no contract or phones for BlackBerry... lol

Choose what you want to believe but I'm not going in blindly and haphazardly believing the Verge at this point especially with their track record regarding BlackBerry.

I've learned the media cannot be trusted regarding BlackBerry all the time.. so I guess you can always read between the lines.. the DOD is sticking with the BlackBerry security service and using a heck of a lot of their phones...

Well I don't know Bob, but I manage the phone fleet contract. And we are not on BES10. And we replace 9930s with 9930s. Not a single Q10 or Z10 in the lot. And I've got no expectation that we will go BB10. At all.
    JeepBB and OMGitworks like this.
    01-24-14 03:29 AM
76 1234