01-23-14 12:09 PM
    Why would BB respond? It's true.

It's even stated on CB's front page that this mythical Pentagon deal involves the connection of existing devices to a new MDM. The MDM is the only "new purchase", and that money will go to Fixmo, not BlackBerry.
    01-23-14 12:16 PM
    Why would BB respond? It's true.

It's even stated on CB's front page that this mythical Pentagon deal involves the connection of existing devices to a new MDM. The MDM is the only "new purchase", and that money will go to Fixmo, not BlackBerry.
    Chris edited his post to reflect this.
    01-23-14 12:41 PM
    How could Blackberry possibly respond?

"No, you ARE buying 80,000 new smartphones from me!"

That would sound absolutely ridiculous. What Blackberry should have really responded to were the inaccurate articles stating the Pentagon was purchasing 80,000 new devices.

And in a Blackberry-like fashion of letting and perpetuating positive rumors to run wild, Blackberry didn't bother correcting material but incorrect positive news articles.
    01-23-14 01:04 PM
    First comes BES 10 and like all government, munipal, police, health, military institutions the BB10 devices follow as the older ones reach end of life or are replaced for employees. I'm sure in the upcoming months (or a year or two) eventually all older devices (like Windows XP) will be fully replaced. That's cash in the horizon for BlackBerry and better security through the new OS (not that BBOS7 has an).

Looks like someone is up to no good to beat down more on BlackBerry.

Leave the company alone! :P
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    01-23-14 01:08 PM
    Remember this : http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/19/41...ish-government

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    01-23-14 01:12 PM
    I find it interesting that the article says they (the DoD) just have a boatload of BB legacy devices (80,000) sitting around in DOD inventory. I wonder who The Verge's DoD source is?

"The 80,000 BBs and 1,800 non-BB devices referenced in the release are legacy systems already in DoD inventories."

Who the hell would over order that many extra phones ????

And the fact that BB hasn't made a press release is because maybe just maybe the DoD has ask them not to...

The Verge.. smh...
    01-23-14 01:38 PM
    "The 80,000 BBs and 1,800 non-BB devices referenced in the release are legacy systems already in DoD inventories."

Who the hell would over order that many extra phones ????
    They are probably referring to all the phones they have whether they are in use or not in use.
    JeepBB and app_Developer like this.
    01-23-14 01:44 PM
    Not a fan of the strong negative tone in the post. So much hate for absolutely no reason!

Posted via CB10
    daithiD likes this.
    01-23-14 01:50 PM

And in a Blackberry-like fashion of letting and perpetuating positive rumors to run wild, Blackberry didn't bother correcting material but incorrect positive news articles.
    How do you know what they do and don't correct? I've got plenty of friends in PR and one of the things they'll tell you is that they can make corrections until the cows come home - but that the journalists don't listen.
    01-23-14 01:50 PM
    It's disappointing they aren't buying new devices. Though the way some of the articles from the last year and a half have been telling the story, you'd think there wouldn't be a BlackBerry in the Pentagon by now, let alone 80,000 of them compared to a handful of competitors. This is despite all the rhetoric in the media (samples below). Not a bad story actually. Shows BlackBerry still has a competitive advantage in security

Pentagon to allow iOS and Android devices in 2014
    US DoD to allow Apple, Samsung devices on Pentagon network next week | Electronista
    Pentagon drops RIM exclusivity; eyes up iPhones, Android phones | ZDNet
    Pentagon examines iPhone, Android options in another blow to RIM - National Technology | Examiner.com
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 01-23-14 at 04:27 PM.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    01-23-14 01:56 PM
    So what was the point of all the articles last year with getting the DoD contract if the DoD was not going to purchase any new phones. Just an MDM solution? So they're sticking with BB and we're led to believe from the Verge that they're just going to use their aging phone .. so nothing good for Blackberry? Doesn't the DoD have a tendency for spending quite a bit of money?

We have the one negative article from the Verge from their "unnamed source" and everyone jumps to believe it.. cause if its about Blackberry .. it's just gotta be negative right...

http://defensetech.org/2014/01/21/bl...tagon-pockets/
    01-23-14 02:12 PM
    So what was the point of all the articles last year with getting the DoD contract if the DoD was not going to purchase any new phones. Just an MDM solution? So they're sticking with BB and we're led to believe from the Verge that they're just going to use their aging phone .. so nothing good for Blackberry? Doesn't the DoD have a tendency for spending quite a bit of money?

We have the one negative article from the Verge from their "unnamed source" and everyone jumps to believe it.. cause if its about Blackberry .. it's just gotta be negative right...

http://defensetech.org/2014/01/21/bl...tagon-pockets/
    Have you ever read an article about the DoD or government in general? It's not often sources are cited when your'e talking about departments like this. If you'd like to propose some actual citation yourself that proves this isn't true, please do. Otherwise I will trust what the verge has to say over your "nuh uh" "rebuttal" your posted link furthers the argument that it's likely they won't be purchasing new BB10 devices. We actually have absolutely no reason to believe they are, will be, or have any reason to do so. The aging platform, as you called it, is still outselling BB10 by leaps and bounds.
    01-23-14 02:24 PM
    Have you ever read an article about the DoD or government in general? It's not often sources are cited when your'e talking about departments like this. If you'd like to propose some actual citation yourself that proves this isn't true, please do. Otherwise I will trust what the verge has to say over your "nuh uh" "rebuttal" your posted link furthers the argument that it's likely they won't be purchasing new BB10 devices. We actually have absolutely no reason to believe they are, will be, or have any reason to do so. The aging platform, as you called it, is still outselling BB10 by leaps and bounds.
    First of all, there has been many articles posted recently that state the opposite for Blackberry and have claimed the DoD sources provided them information about the new contract involving 80,000 BB devices. Why should I disbelieve what they're saying over what only the Verge has claimed?

And note I didn't say "aging platform" .. I said aging phones.. like wear and tear.. phones don't last forever and need to be replaced.. we replace our phones at work every year and I trust the DoD will have a similar type of policy for updating their phones..
    And to add, when updating our phones most got the latest model. So I as well as many other went to BB10 instead of BBOS because we were allowed to.
    01-23-14 02:29 PM
    I'm surprised people are bothering with phone details. There's no money in them especially when they're discounted. The money is in services.

Posted via CB10
    stevenfbabyy likes this.
    01-23-14 02:32 PM
    I was going to post a rant on gullibility and the power of denial in folk who really want to believe... but I realised there would be little point.

Given that even CB now admit that there are no new BB devices being bought, I wonder how long this story will continue to run?

Is this how urban myths start?
    01-23-14 02:49 PM
    Lol not secure? US thinks so since

http://defensesystems.com/articles/2...DefenseIT+&m=1

"BlackBerry became the first smartphone maker to secure DOD device management approval back in August 2013, ZDnet noted;The companys BlackBerry 10 phones were awarded an ?authority to operate,the highest level of certification for DOD networks;"

And

http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...municatio.html

And BlackBerry 10 is the only phone Nato approved but supposedly isn't good enough for UK government? Somethings not right

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 03:13 PM
    Not a fan of the strong negative tone in the post. So much hate for absolutely no reason!

Posted via CB10
    There was no hate in The Verge's article, it was fair and unbiased.
    The Department of Defense confirmed the facts in a statement provided to The Verge

BlackBerry should have cleared this up already. They didn't. That's a big fat failure in my book.
    bbq10l, JeepBB, milo53 and 3 others like this.
    01-23-14 04:33 PM

BlackBerry should have cleared this up already. They didn't. That's a big fat failure in my book.
    This x100.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Pete The Penguin and milo53 like this.
    01-23-14 05:06 PM
    I wonder how many people were duped into buying stock based off this bogus report.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    21stNow likes this.
    01-23-14 05:08 PM
    There was no hate in The Verge's article, it was fair and unbiased.
    The Department of Defense confirmed the facts in a statement provided to The Verge

I don't think BlackBerry said anywhere that DOD bought devices at all. It was a third party websites, why would BlackBerry come out and say hey we didn't sell any phones. The news was good why go out a kibosh it when BlackBerry didn't even start it.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:09 PM
    Actually I do remember that. I remember it was bull - based on a technicality - basically the requirements had changed so Bb10 hadn't had time yet to get the new certification. Most places updated their articles - didn't the Verge? And yet we are expected to believe their veracity now?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/20/b...nment-workers/

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    01-23-14 05:17 PM
    Well this isnt entirely accurate, the title anyway, or the reply. For Enterprise there is already a BES10 and SCEP set up. Agencies can already use it lol. Also several agencies already have them.

Also called this
    damien kupuku likes this.
    01-23-14 05:21 PM
    First of all, there has been many articles posted recently that state the opposite for Blackberry and have claimed the DoD sources provided them information about the new contract involving 80,000 BB devices. Why should I disbelieve what they're saying over what only the Verge has claimed?

And note I didn't say "aging platform" .. I said aging phones.. like wear and tear.. phones don't last forever and need to be replaced.. we replace our phones at work every year and I trust the DoD will have a similar type of policy for updating their phones..
    And to add, when updating our phones most got the latest model. So I as well as many other went to BB10 instead of BBOS because we were allowed to.
    I work for the Feds. I just got a BlackBerry phone upgrade TO A BOLD! Why on earth do you think all upgrades lead to BB10? Also- why should our tax payer dollars be wasted on buying 80,000 BlackBerry 10 phones when they have plenty of older models to dole out to employees on BES? As a taxpayer, that would enrage me. It is not the Federal Government's job or the taxpayers to support BlackBerry. It is BlackBerry's job to provide needed services for which they are being paid. Not surprising they are not buying 80,000 new phones- why would they?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:30 PM
    I know I'm not a famous blogger.. but I called Bob.. he works at the DOD and he confirmed it for me too... yep no contract or phones for BlackBerry... lol

Choose what you want to believe but I'm not going in blindly and haphazardly believing the Verge at this point especially with their track record regarding BlackBerry.

I've learned the media cannot be trusted regarding BlackBerry all the time.. so I guess you can always read between the lines.. the DOD is sticking with the BlackBerry security service and using a heck of a lot of their phones...

Posted via CB10 on my z10
    01-23-14 05:32 PM
76 123 ...