BlackBerry has confirmed to Pocket-lint that it will not be launching any more BB10 devices beyond the four that it already has available in its current fiscal year which ends in March.

The confirmation confirms what BlackBerry previously said in a recent statement, that it would focus on four prosumer devices as it tries to battle the more pressing problems at hand.

Although cagey in the initial statement issued last week, BlackBerry has confirmed to Pocket-lint those four devices will be the BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, BlackBerry Q5.
    BlackBerry: No new BB10 devices till March - Pocket-lint

We all know that March actually means "we will run down the inventory and that's your lot".
    09-25-13 10:26 AM
    Oh good, thought they weren't releasing the z30.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-25-13 10:34 AM
    or new dev for devices after march 2014. In other words, no more a period of skipping like what people did to OS7, skipped OS7 and waited for the Z10.

so the Z30 has some breathing room, and the Q10 and Q5s, for now.

If the price gets lowered non contract universally, then its safe to buy them.

Not sure how one can interpret it to no more devices anymore, since title says "until".
    09-25-13 10:40 AM
    They don't really say they will be launching anything new after March though. They just say nothing until March.

As of right now all signs, releases, and statements still point to no new hardware after the z30.

The leaked device pictures don't mean squat.
    schmeat likes this.
    09-25-13 10:46 AM
    They don't really say they will be launching anything new after March though. They just say nothing until March.

As of right now all signs, releases, and statements still point to no new hardware after the z30.

The leaked device pictures don't mean squat.

They are likely the other two devices we already know were canned.
    09-25-13 10:59 AM
    No new devices after the Z30, eh? Is that what everyone is getting from this article? We shall see.
    09-25-13 11:02 AM
    Makes sense really you have a "premium" device in the Z30
    With the markdown on the Z10 is covers the bottom of the touch screen market.
    Q10 has the premium keyboard and the Q5 has the middle of the keyboards.
    And the BBOS device has .... what ever it has.
    Only think really missing is a slider that some would like to see.

And based on current sales and the fact that from this point forward those sales are going to drop, they probably already have built enough devices to last that long...

By then PW and Fairfax will have decided what they what to do with the hardware business.
    09-25-13 11:06 AM
    No new devices after the Z30, eh? Is that what everyone is getting from this article? We shall see.
    No we got that from other press releases. This, however further confirms that.
    09-25-13 11:07 AM
    I'd be interested to know who the source is supposed to have been...
    09-25-13 11:42 AM
    Sweet!! Now after I buy the Z30 when it's released here. I'll have plenty of time to save cash for my next purchase.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    09-25-13 11:50 AM
    Maybe I'll wait for them to write down the Z30 inventory in Marchish time frame and pick one up for a fire sale price. Only a matter of time since they obviously are not going to get things straightened out in that short of time. Or maybe wait for the replacement device to get written down after that.
    09-25-13 12:24 PM
    And from this and other press releases nothing is confirmed. We don't know if the will or won't release new hardware. People who are pessimistic on BB will interpit it meaning no more hardware and people who are optimistic on BB will take as new hardware coming after March. Only time will tell.
    09-25-13 12:26 PM
    -0.47 (-5.51%)
    Speachless
    09-25-13 01:41 PM
    For sure nothing until March? Well it's settled then. I'll be buying the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 01:46 PM
    Z10 has been EOL'd by many carriers - for example, Carphone Warehouse has removed it from their shelves. However BBRY has so many hanging around it is sure to turn up again - maybe on ebay or one of those TV channels you end up tuning into at 3am - where you buy one and get two free.
    I think you just hit on BBRY's possible salvation -- infomercials! Use the Magic Jack pitchman. Someone get Waterloo on the line right now.
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    09-25-13 02:00 PM
    -0.47 (-5.51%)
    Speachless
    Well they have to make it look like 9 bucks is a savior deal for the shareholders. Stock market GAME strikes again.

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    09-25-13 02:10 PM
    Hi:

Four phones would be just fine if they had the apps out their to run on them. Gotta have the apps everyone wants & the hardware to run them on if you want people to buy the product.

I miss my 9700 but BB just didn't have the app support to back it up.

If they ever build apps world into the world class store it could be, I'd come back without hesitation.

Spring

Spring
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-25-13 02:18 PM
    -0.47 (-5.51%)
    Speachless
    Evidently, there have been some questions raised about funding. Fairfax is only kicking in 480 mil or so. So, the rest of the 4.7 billion will have to come from elsewhere. The so called experts say that no one will come up with that, so the deal will be dead soon. Yet, that is according to sources, so it is still unknown at this point. Hence, the stock tumble. The deal is not done until it is done, so it is still wait and see.
    09-25-13 02:20 PM
    Confirms nothing for me.
    09-25-13 02:21 PM
    Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30.. That's four devices.
    09-25-13 02:23 PM
    So this means that if I buy the Z30, then there will be no new Blackberry all touch-screen flagship devices to distract me for at least six months.

This just makes my Z30 purchase more likely!
    sk8er_tor, Pdinos3 and Jackson15 like this.
    09-25-13 04:26 PM
    This is good, 6 month replacement cycles are nasty! Samsung runs about 8 months between S3 and S4, and iPhone does annual, which is ideal, in my opinion. Release 2 devices every 6 months? High end qwerty and touch and then lower end later?

Posted by Z10
    TioPepe78 likes this.
    09-25-13 05:46 PM
    This would be ideal way to do business. I don't see how anyone can see this as bad news unless it was followed by we are no longer releasing any devices.

6 phones was way too many and finally they are realizing they can slow down on when they are launching them. Hopefully this will provide better specs on each upgrade cycle.

Posted via Z10
    09-25-13 06:14 PM
    This is good, 6 month replacement cycles are nasty! Samsung runs about 8 months between S3 and S4, and iPhone does annual, which is ideal, in my opinion. Release 2 devices every 6 months? High end qwerty and touch and then lower end later?Posted by Z10
    Better yet, 2 devices every 6 months. 1 high end QWERTY, and 1 low end Touch, then 6 months later 1 high end Full Touch & 1 low end QWERTY.

That way they will have a new high end & a new low end phone every 6 months for those shopping for low end phones & those shopping for high end phones.
    09-25-13 07:19 PM
    BlackBerry: No new BB10 devices till March - Pocket-lint

We all know that March actually means "we will run down the inventory and that's your lot".
    how do we know this? considering that Fairfax specifically named dropped 'carriers' in their Press Release, i would argue otherwise

what do they care about carriers if they are only going to be a factor for one quarter after the sale goes through?
    09-25-13 07:51 PM
62 123