No Sir. I understand he (Kinsella) was not in a position to say that's not the point. Kovatch's point was there is no NATIVE app coming. Kinsella, who understands his business best practices and what he is able to say, tried to talk around this, and in the end Kovatch called him on it. Kinsella engaged him in a place he probably should not have. Kovatch did not say Instagram was not coming to BB he said the Instagram devs did not believe they should invest in a native BB10 app (which BTW they (Instagram) also said about WP8 - and Mr Softie had to make that app). What did Kinsella have in his pocket to use against that argument other than to use newspeak and say they had a "strong partnership" and in the end - that's really not saying Mr. Kovatch is wrong is it?
    Really?
    I thought the job as a PR person is to defend the company from biased and invalid points?
    Or did that job description change suddenly?
    02-22-13 05:23 AM
    I'm going to hazard a guess that Kevin was trying a little misleading tactic with his reply to their post and that they're correct, a "Native" app isn't in the works.

CrackBerry Asks: How would you feel about Instagram for BlackBerry 10 being an Android port? | CrackBerry.com
    randall2580 and BB_Bmore like this.
    02-22-13 07:10 AM
    Really?
    I thought the job as a PR person is to defend the company from biased and invalid points?
    Or did that job description change suddenly?
    So which part is invalid - did you see Kevin's blog post today? Seems there isn't coming, at least any time soon, a NATIVE Instagram and that's exactly what was said. I am anxious to see you show me where that was wrong and needed to be defended as it was invalid.
    02-22-13 07:17 AM
    Regardless of who said what, why and how, I think the BlackBerry has a unique opportunity to show off it's versatility with it being able to play apps from different places. In the present there is a real problem with standardized guidelines and practices when it comes to mobile tech reporting so BBBY needs to be proactive.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 07:38 AM
    They will not make a native app! Period get over it. If the port works then fine. Mobile has gotten into politics and Money. Long gone are the days of open, free, all platform apps. Microsoft, Facebook, Google, et all have many reasons to keep BB10 knocked down. It sux big corporations and stockholders now run all mobile. Its all about the money folks.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    02-22-13 07:39 AM
    Would've been nice if BlackBerry 10 had launched with the Jelly Bean runtime, assuming it does improve app performance. From the looks of if, it won't be here until probably mid-2013.
    02-22-13 07:52 AM
    Here is my 2 cents, I dont use Facebook or Instagram, kids do and love it, bottom line is will younger people buy into BB knowing that it wont be there, yes you can port it, but as anyone with kids knows, if the group they are hanging with says, oh dont get that it wont have instagram, BB just lost that sell, and as a parent, younger people do not care about security or anything else, they love the apps.
    02-22-13 07:53 AM
    Do u think before u write?
    Coming from someone that uses "u" in a sentence, I'm not sure you have much room to talk.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-22-13 07:54 AM
    Lets keep the personal talk out of this please. Insulting how someone writes is just petty. Stick to the topic.
    02-22-13 08:00 AM
    Another example of how the company is not doing enough. They dont need 700,000 apps but they need the top apps. Pay Instagram to create the app if thats what it takes just like they are paying Alicia Keys. Do they not understand what needs to be done.
    02-22-13 08:20 AM
    Another example of how the company is not doing enough. They dont need 700,000 apps but they need the top apps. Pay Instagram to create the app if thats what it takes just like they are paying Alicia Keys. Do they not understand what needs to be done.
    I have to disagree. If the side loaded app works (or Android port) I'd be happy with it personally. I wish I could side load android apps onto my device.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 02-22-13 at 09:30 AM.
    02-22-13 09:16 AM
    We shouldnt have to sideload apps. Android apps can be in App world, I believe that is the point. BB did say yesterday that they are getting and/or releasing north of 1000 apps per day since launch. They should be ~ 100k apps by the US Launch. Instagram is supposed to be there at Launch as well.
    02-22-13 09:24 AM
    How do you know what they have or haven't offered? Did you sit in any discussions between Marty and Instagram? Do tell us the salient points of the negotiations ...
    02-22-13 09:55 AM
    I'm pretty disappointed that Instagram won't have a native app. At this rate no one will bother writing a native BB app.
    barragan likes this.
    02-22-13 10:19 AM
    I'm going to break this down into a math exercise.
    Android port Netflix + android port Skype + android port instagram + android port of most top titles by the looks of things x the android VM running a rather choppy 2.3 version with no confirmed upgrade date = a device that runs half of it's apps this way. Given how many apps on BB10 devices will be android, at this point I might as well get a phone that runs them natively, and on a more recent version on top of that - an Android. Then I'll just install an app that copies all of bb10 swipe gestures and call it a done deal. Luckily for BlackBerry the majority of people don't even know that smartphones have different operating systems. They think they're buying a "Samsung smartphone" or a "a blackberry smartphone".
    Now that I mention it, all of these companies should be thankful that most buyers are witless. I'm not thankful though. It means they'll all continue to churn out shti products to match their largest consumer base.
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-22-13 10:33 AM
    I'm going to hazard a guess that Kevin was trying a little misleading tactic with his reply to their post and that they're correct, a "Native" app isn't in the works.

CrackBerry Asks: How would you feel about Instagram for BlackBerry 10 being an Android port? | CrackBerry.com
    So which part is invalid - did you see Kevin's blog post today? Seems there isn't coming, at least any time soon, a NATIVE Instagram and that's exactly what was said. I am anxious to see you show me where that was wrong and needed to be defended as it was invalid.
    Great :-( Ok...I retract my post #39. Now, a bunch of posters and "likers" from this thread owe allthingsD an a apology. They were right, and their article was clear and correct. It's one thing to say: "Well, I don't care - I'm happy with a port", and quite another to say that allthingsD are liars and/or ignorant and/or conspiratorial etc.
    JeepBB and randall2580 like this.
    02-22-13 10:41 AM

I don't use instagram but my wife wanted that app. I think the types who use those apps don't care or know what a ported app is. As long as it works its fine. Please watch above video.
    travaz likes this.
    02-22-13 10:41 AM
    I'm going to break this down into a math exercise.
    Android port Netflix + android port Skype + android port instagram + android port of most top titles by the looks of things x the android VM running a rather choppy 2.3 version with no confirmed upgrade date = a device that runs half of it's apps this way. Given how many apps on BB10 devices will be android, at this point I might as well get a phone that runs them natively, and on a more recent version on top of that - an Android. Then I'll just install an app that copies all of bb10 swipe gestures and call it a done deal. Luckily for BlackBerry the majority of people don't even know that smartphones have different operating systems. They think they're buying a "Samsung smartphone" or a "a blackberry smartphone".
    Now that I mention it, all of these companies should be thankful that most buyers are witless. I'm not thankful though. It means they'll all continue to churn out shti products to match their largest consumer base.
    I thought porting and sideloading are two very different ways to using android apps? In the former, there is actually some coding done by develooper to make sure it runs correctly. In the latter, the consumer simply loads the android app into an emulator. Can anyone who is an expert chime in on this and clarify as I am not completly certain.
    02-22-13 10:56 AM
    Okay so basically the android player gives us an OS 7 like feel cause sometimes things don't work right or needs a pull. I guess they didn't want anyone missing battery pulls or restarts lol.
    02-22-13 11:04 AM
    I thought porting and sideloading are two very different ways to using android apps? In the former, there is actually some coding done by develooper to make sure it runs correctly. In the latter, the consumer simply loads the android app into an emulator. Can anyone who is an expert chime in on this and clarify as I am not completly certain.
    It's hard to say if devs do any more than anyone else converting and signing. I would hope they do.
    02-22-13 11:05 AM
    People on this site really have trouble reading through BlackBerry's bull****.

Alex Kinsella's replies to Steve make that quite clear.

All they're doing right now is begging Instagram to make an app.
    02-22-13 01:13 PM
    It's hard to say if devs do any more than anyone else converting and signing. I would hope they do.
    Pretty much agree. The problem is the more intensive and complex the app is, the harder it becomes to run that app in the android VM as quickly and smoothly as a natively written app. But to reply directly to Marlowe, i agree with kbz. It depends on how well the app is coded, whether by converting for sideloading or ported for installing.
    02-22-13 01:21 PM
    Like we said here down in Mexico... "If the dogs are barking at your heels, you know you're leading the pack!!!!!!"
    Ha! I think that's my new tagline.
    MXBerry likes this.
    02-22-13 02:23 PM
    So Kevin posted on allthingsd's article with a pic that misled people into thinking it was native and started a sh!tstorm and then proceed to write an article in the frontpage? this does not make any sense. why did he even post the pic in the first place? why he acted like he had proof allthingsd is lying or wrong when he obviously didn't?

in b4 i receive 20 personal attacks from hardcore crackberry fan

BB_Bmore and barragan like this.
    02-22-13 03:41 PM
    Im really not sure what is going on with Kevin and his instagram post. He first fired off on a report that Instagram wasnt coming with " If Instagram doesnt come to BB10 then Ill buy someone here a car!" Then it was "He never said at launch" Then it was "Okay I never said what kind of car so here is a remote control toy car" Then there was a post something to the effect of "were there's a will there's a way"(with photo of instagram on Z10) This got everyone excited as Kevin had an "early beta version" of Instagram on his Z10 already and people now knew it was coming but didnt know if Kevins app was native or Android.I think some folks pointed out that it HAD to be native because of X-Y and Z. Then this guy post the article yesterday stating that instagram wasnt coming to BB10 as a native app and may never come at all..right away Kevin fires back again with mysterious photo of Instagram running on his Z10..The CrackBerry nation cheered retweeted and wrote about Kevins triumphant victory. Then Kevin post this article shortly afterCrackBerry Asks: How would you feel about Instagram for BlackBerry 10 being an Android port? | CrackBerry.comWhich leads me to this question: We all know Kevin is NOT one of those folks who "dont give a damn about posting what they had for lunch to instagram" in fact he just loves him some instagram and obviosly wants it badly on BB10, but just how bad? Its time to come clean imo. Does Kevin have a early beta version of instagram on his Z10? Yes, he has never said that he does but his post and random photos of it on his Z10 suggests that he does,so much in fact that that all of CrackBerry was under the assumption that Instagram on BlackBerry was a done deal and we were just waiting for the launch. I have to say that Im not so sure now. So how about it Kevin? Whats with the photos of instagram on your Z10? Do you have it or not? Please no one flame me either. This is Kevins site but he puts his pants on the same way that we all do and I should be able to ask him a illegitimate question without be labeled as a troll or hater. I just want to know if Instagram is a done deal or do we BlackBerry users need to continue to reach out to instagram in hopes that they develop for the platform.
    I'm assuming it must be, because there's no way Kevin would lay his reputation out if it weren't. That was the point of the whole article! :-)

He still doesn't have anything to apologize for; his sources were wrong. He even went as far as to ask for a rebuttal and they didn't provide it. The fact that Kevin has now revealed that there is a native app doesn't mean he was wrong in reporting this. He should have some harsh words for his sources though, and think twice about their reliability!
    02-22-13 04:25 PM
108 12345