Who cares. Does the average consumer? The answer is no! When they walk into the carrier store they are going to say I like this phone but does it have instagram not does it have a native c++ instagram version.
    02-21-13 08:33 PM
    HTML5 people! my bet!
    02-21-13 08:33 PM
    Steve Kovach should be embarrassed.
    Attachment 137168
    Kovatch said "And it's clear the Instagram team doesn't think BB10 is worth developing for beyond porting the Android app " When he asked Kinsella point blank "So they're wrong? A native instagram app is coming?" the answer he received is the usual BB newspeak. He had the chance to say Yes it's coming. Didn't say that. Said they have a strong partnership.

So if the post you site is the Android port - I do not understand what he has to apologize for?
    Etios, JeepBB and Mjackson38 like this.
    02-21-13 08:35 PM
    HTML5 people! my bet!
    You must not have heard, Facebook doesn't really like HTML5.
    02-21-13 08:36 PM
    Kovatch said "And it's clear the Instagram team doesn't think BB10 is worth developing for beyond porting the Android app " When he asked Kinsella point blank "So they're wrong? A native instagram app is coming?" the answer he received is the usual BB newspeak. He had the chance to say Yes it's coming. Didn't say that. Said they have a strong partnership.

So if the post you site is the Android port - I do not understand what he has to apologize for?
    Do you really think Alex has the power to say if a company is building an app or not?
    BlackBerry can't comment for other companies, unless that company allows them to.
    The same thing was happening with Skype on PlayBook, people begged @asaunders for a hint...
    Also, the fact that he was arguing with A. Kinsella angered me, Alex obviously knows more than their "inside scoop", today was a slow news day, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled this article out of their @ss...
    joe.miller likes this.
    02-21-13 08:39 PM
    Color me apathetic. BB10 not getting a lame app that I wouldn't bastardize my pics with if you paid me and people lose their minds? WTF? It seems strange that BB wouldn't be putting Instagram on BB10 as a native app. Facebook is on board and Facebook owns Instagram.
    sgt50 and UKCatFan3 like this.
    02-21-13 08:40 PM
    Native Instagram App Is Not Coming to BlackBerry 10 - John Paczkowski and Mike Isaac - Mobile - AllThingsD

Sources close to Instagram tell AllThingsD that a native version of the photo-sharing application is not headed to BlackBerry 10 � anytime soon, at least. �There will be no [native] Instagram for BB10 for now,� said one. �Frankly, I�m not sure there will ever be.�
    I think readers also go over comments and there are many negative comments about this article.

I would love to see if they make any correction / sorry we were wrong kind of statement once instagram comes out on bb10. ..... I bet they will have no guts to admit that they were wrong

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-21-13 08:46 PM
    Here's hoping it is available for the US launch. . .as much a I hate to admit it, MANY folks in the states won't look twice at the phone if Instagram isn't there. . . Email Instagram . . .let 'em know you want it!
    Done thanks for the link.
    02-21-13 08:46 PM

Your business best practices need work!
    02-21-13 08:51 PM
    Color me apathetic. BB10 not getting a lame app that I wouldn't bastardize my pics with if you paid me and people lose their minds? WTF? It seems strange that BB wouldn't be putting Instagram on BB10 as a native app. Facebook is on board and Facebook owns Instagram.
    Yea Facebook is on board but BlackBerry built the Facebook app for BlackBerry10..or am I wrong here? I remember them first showing some features of BB10 and they had someone from Facebook there helping with the Facebook demo. I thought they would be building a nice Facebook app but now I read that BlackBerry built it and its a pretty bare bones app. So is Facebook on board?
    02-21-13 08:53 PM
    Actually it's not a port cause the Android version need a back button to work... but the one in the picture doesn't have one. so its gesture based

Posted via CB10
    yah but you have the option to autohide the toolbar in the android runtime. which means you don't see the back button or the menu bar. to go back in an android port you do a diagonal swipe - from bottom bezel to left side bezel. to bring back the bar you swipe from the top.
    02-21-13 08:54 PM
    I think readers also go over comments and there are many negative comments about this article.

I would love to see if they make any correction / sorry we were wrong kind of statement once instagram comes out on bb10. ..... I bet they will have no guts to admit that they were wrong

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry for what? He said there would be no native app. Unless we know the app is native he has nothing to be sorry about.
    randall2580, Etios and JeepBB like this.
    02-21-13 08:56 PM
    The BlackBerry community needs to stop saying stuff like this. Instagram is NOT a lame app because millions of people are using it. Pretty much every girl I know would not switch back to BlackBerry without this app and actually a lot of guys too. Riding in the car today with my manager I overheard her talking to her 11 year old daughter who was begging her for her iPhone because she wants to use Instagram with her friends. It's very popular and if BlackBerry wants to become the powerhouse that we all think it can be with QNX we need to have these apps.
    02-21-13 09:01 PM
    Sorry for what? He said there would be no native app. Unless we know the app is native he has nothing to be sorry about.
    I'm assuming it must be, because there's no way Kevin would lay his reputation out if it weren't. That was the point of the whole article! :-)

He still doesn't have anything to apologize for; his sources were wrong. He even went as far as to ask for a rebuttal and they didn't provide it. The fact that Kevin has now revealed that there is a native app doesn't mean he was wrong in reporting this. He should have some harsh words for his sources though, and think twice about their reliability!
    02-21-13 09:14 PM
    The BlackBerry community needs to stop saying stuff like this. Instagram is NOT a lame app because millions of people are using it. Pretty much every girl I know would not switch back to BlackBerry without this app and actually a lot of guys too. Riding in the car today with my manager I overheard her talking to her 11 year old daughter who was begging her for her iPhone because she wants to use Instagram with her friends. It's very popular and if BlackBerry wants to become the powerhouse that we all think it can be with QNX we need to have these apps.
    Oh yeah! I LOOOOOVE instagram
    02-21-13 09:26 PM
    Your business best practices need work!
    No Sir. I understand he (Kinsella) was not in a position to say that's not the point. Kovatch's point was there is no NATIVE app coming. Kinsella, who understands his business best practices and what he is able to say, tried to talk around this, and in the end Kovatch called him on it. Kinsella engaged him in a place he probably should not have. Kovatch did not say Instagram was not coming to BB he said the Instagram devs did not believe they should invest in a native BB10 app (which BTW they (Instagram) also said about WP8 - and Mr Softie had to make that app). What did Kinsella have in his pocket to use against that argument other than to use newspeak and say they had a "strong partnership" and in the end - that's really not saying Mr. Kovatch is wrong is it?
    02-21-13 09:28 PM
    Never will happen lol.

Everything is garbage (even though BB felt the need to put filters into the device natively...) until BB gets it. I hear people talk about Instagram all the time and wouldnt look at a phone that doesn't support Instagram. I dont care how its made personally...it just needs to be here when it launches in the US.
    OMGitworks, richardat and schmeat like this.
    02-21-13 09:56 PM
    Yeah TechRadar stated something similar too. Not going to post the article but it did state that, "BlackBerry and Facebook are reportedly trying to work on the technical issues plaguing the current port of the Android version, however there doesn't appear to be a solution in sight."
    02-21-13 10:24 PM
    If they were able to convince Whatsapp it make a native app then why wouldn't Instagram. It is not like facebook or instagram are struggling and do not have the resources. As well from the pic that Kevin posted it did not look to be the android version of the app and honestly as long as it works who cares if it native or android.
    02-21-13 10:34 PM
    What a crappy article. I don't understand why people keep making a big deal about something not being "native". BB10 has an android player. It works. It runs. Android's supported as a way for developers to get their app onto BB10. As Umi said in his tweet, whether the app is an Android version or not, it doesn't matter, as long as it works.
    02-21-13 10:45 PM
    I won't believe it's native until they come out and say it. I don't know why it's a big deal to say if it is or not. I would guess they would be more quiet if it was a port if anything.
    02-21-13 10:49 PM
    I won't believe it's native until they come out and say it. I don't know why it's a big deal to say if it is or not. I would guess they would be more quiet if it was a port if anything.
    ^^^^ What they said

It boils down to accepting a android port or not having it at all
    Last edited by Rello; 02-22-13 at 01:25 AM.
    02-21-13 10:51 PM
    It was to my understanding that no one ever said that Instagram would be a native app. I have been under the impression that Instagram would be an Android port from the time I first saw Kevin's article about giving away a car. It makes more sense that way to be honest, since that BB10 is still a relatively new platform, having an Android port might make more sense for now. If there is demand, like good sales result for BB10, then they could consider a Native version a year or 2 down the road. Instagram isn't exactly a processor intensive app, so I don't think being an Android port would diminish the experience much. At least there would be a way for BB users to use Instagram.
    Rello and bp3dots like this.
    02-21-13 11:42 PM
    It was to my understanding that no one ever said that Instagram would be a native app. I have been under the impression that Instagram would be an Android port from the time I first saw Kevin's article about giving away a car. It makes more sense that way to be honest, since that BB10 is still a relatively new platform, having an Android port might make more sense for now. If there is demand, like good sales result for BB10, then they could consider a Native version a year or 2 down the road. Instagram isn't exactly a processor intensive app, so I don't think being an Android port would diminish the experience much. At least there would be a way for BB users to use Instagram.
    Thats what I thought too.

Im sure with Instagram being such a big app, they're going to make sure its working as best it can for beings an android app. Some people might not even be able to tell the difference. I'll just be glad its there
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    02-22-13 01:27 AM
    Think we should have native instergram app on BB10 and not port. If instergram won't come then blackberry should make ate own

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 04:34 AM
108 1234 ...