Native Instagram App Is Not Coming to BlackBerry 10 - John Paczkowski and Mike Isaac - Mobile - AllThingsD

Sources close to Instagram tell AllThingsD that a native version of the photo-sharing application is not headed to BlackBerry 10 — anytime soon, at least. “There will be no [native] Instagram for BB10 for now,” said one. “Frankly, I’m not sure there will ever be.”
    02-21-13 04:23 PM
    This writer is a joke. Alex Kinsella, from BlackBerry, got in argument with the editor of this article over twitter. Go read some of the recent tweets by @stevekovach, the editor, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ad19; 02-21-13 at 08:14 PM.
    02-21-13 04:26 PM
    you can see Kevin Michaluk actually replied to this article with simply a picture of a native app on his Z10.
    No words, no comments, nothing, just a picture.
    He Kevin pretty much destroyed this guy's entire article with a simple photo.
    Love this guy kevin..
    02-21-13 04:27 PM
    It just again shows how some major blogging sites are disturbing with bull**** articles. I just hope the day will come when such articles will be the downfall of sites like AllThingsD.
    zyben likes this.
    02-21-13 04:47 PM
    That was a great reply by Kevin. It just goes to show how uninformed some of these blog tech writers are. I bet there was not even one ounce of research done prior to the article being written.
    MXBerry likes this.
    02-21-13 04:59 PM
    the android apps are considered `sluggish` (their words not mine) as its currently 2.3 being used, and that ent exactly smooth on its own. Now when jellybean comes along.....
    sredd68 likes this.
    02-21-13 05:02 PM
    That was a great reply by Kevin. It just goes to show how uninformed some of these blog tech writers are. I bet there was not even one ounce of research done prior to the article being written.
    And when they can't find anything they just make crap up, true professional journalism right there.
    02-21-13 05:10 PM
    Now someone should write a blog on this one. A picture is mightier than a BS...
    you can see Kevin Michaluk actually replied to this article with simply a picture of a native app on his Z10.
    Love this guy kevin..
    MERCDROID likes this.
    02-21-13 05:12 PM
    Typical article.

Say something of questionable veracity (no native app ever). Goes on to act like BB10 will never even get the app. Continues about how native apps are the holy grail cause they have to drive home that message as often as possible, next says that no other platform will ever get them other than iOS and 'droid (even though 'droid didn't have it for quite some time). Comes to the conclusoin that everyone is only going to ever compete for #3.

Wow. Even after stating that there will be an android port and they go with that train of thought.
    02-21-13 05:17 PM
    I'm getting use to read this type of "Headlines" trying to scare users from just taking a look on the BB10 platform... but we will prevail.... Like we said here down in Mexico... "If the dogs are barking at your heels, you know you're leading the pack!!!!!!"
    zyben, DatMisterB, R Field and 6 others like this.
    02-21-13 06:55 PM
    So is it a native app or a sideloaded Android app? The picture doesn't tell us. I know a lot of people say "well what does it matter"? It matters in the sense that a native app requires a company to dedicate resources to it. A side loaded Android app means they can just focus on iOS and Android development and still capture BB users without extra effort. It speaks to the faith companies have in the new BB 10 operating system.

Don't forget all the backpedalling over Alicia Keys posting a things to Instagram when she's supposed to be BlackBerry's creative director. The official response was that she was going through a "transitional period" but was now exclusively BlackBerry. Why not just ignore it if a native app was coming?
    02-21-13 07:06 PM
    Who said anything about Instagram being native to BB10? I believe it is going to be a port-over unless I'm mistaken here.
    MidVids likes this.
    02-21-13 07:09 PM
    Sorry but how does Kevin's Instagram photo prove it's a native app? Not to mention it has no Cascades-like look to it.
    BB_Bmore and JeepBB like this.
    02-21-13 07:24 PM
    This writer is a joke. Alex Kinsella, from BlackBerry, got in argument with the editor of this article over paper. Go read some of the recent tweets by @stevekovach, the editor, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    For those interested, here is said "argument"
    02-21-13 07:27 PM
    A picture is worth a thousand words...Way to go Kevin
    02-21-13 07:39 PM
    Here's hoping it is available for the US launch. . .as much a I hate to admit it, MANY folks in the states won't look twice at the phone if Instagram isn't there. . . Email Instagram . . .let 'em know you want it!
    02-21-13 07:42 PM
    Here's hoping it is available for the US launch. . .as much a I hate to admit it, MANY folks in the states won't look twice at the phone if Instagram isn't there. . . Email Instagram . . .let 'em know you want it!
    done.
    02-21-13 07:48 PM
    Love this guy kevin..
    How about the Faked netflix picture as well..lol
    02-21-13 08:10 PM
    At the BlackBerry Experience Forum today in Washington they said Instragram was coming.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    This is slated to be available with US launch
    canuckvoip likes this.
    Sorry but how does Kevin's Instagram photo prove it's a native app? Not to mention it has no Cascades-like look to it.

exactly, what does cascades look like?
    02-21-13 08:14 PM
    Done also.
    02-21-13 08:18 PM
    Steve Kovach should be embarrassed.
    Article: Native Instagram App Is Not Coming to BlackBerry 10-so...jpg
    Dapper37 and joe.miller like this.
    02-21-13 08:19 PM
    Actually it's not a port cause the Android version need a back button to work... but the one in the picture doesn't have one. so its gesture based

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 08:31 PM
    Its clear from reading the comments that the proof is in peoples belief! They believe Kevin! LMAO at the comments!
    Thats what you get for having a website based on honesty and integrity!
    02-21-13 08:32 PM
108 123 ...