I happened to stumble upon this article. I know a lot of users mention how BlackBerry is superior in the e-mail department.

How to Bring BlackBerry’s Best Email Features to iPhone or Android

Here's the basic premise of the article, which I found interesting:
    If you spend all day replying to emails on-the-go, BlackBerry will be faster. But not because of the above features-it just comes down to the keyboard. Swype for Android may help, and the iOS keyboard is pretty good, too…but nothing beats a physical keyboard.

On the other hand, if you spend more time reading and processing email, then the bigger screens and easier navigation will make the email experience more pleasant, and perhaps as productive.

And, it goes without saying that iPhone and Android have a much larger array of both productivity applications and games. From multimedia to news to task management, and even just keeping the device in sync (with things other than Enterprise mail), BlackBerry still needs to catch up.
    Thoughts and opinions?
    07-08-12 06:54 PM
    Email is best on BlackBerry. For watching videos, entertainment the others are best.
    07-08-12 06:56 PM
    I find android, probably iOS, email better for me because BIS still lacks some important features. Truncation was the big one but that has been helped a little since there are bigger file limits and such. I also want/need access to work folders and hotmail folders and better gmail management. To my knowledge BIS still doesnt support activesync/exchange fully. Both android and iOS do.

This can all change with BB10 though im sure. The playbook email does use activesync so that is a great step forward IMO.

The screen also is a factor and being able to read more/less scrolling but if you buy a touch BB you can also get this experience IMO
    kbz1960 and bungaboy like this.
    07-08-12 06:59 PM
    BB's handle attachments better than iOS/android IMO, however I prefer iOS/android for the overall experience. No truncation, screen real estate, and I also like the way each platform handles Gmail/Hotmail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-08-12 07:14 PM
    Since I email a lot, and all 6 accounts I use (work and personal) are Google-based, Android email is unmatched for me. It provides the perfect sync.

I understand the author's point, but he makes an absolute statement or two that are not accurate for everybody.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 07-08-12 at 07:25 PM.
    07-08-12 07:14 PM
    This is one of the things I want improved in BB10. The premise that BB is best at email is not totally true. It can improve and if it does, BB10 here I come.
    07-08-12 07:19 PM
    Don't want any old school mechanical keyboard on my mobile devices. BB10 Touch screen all the way for the modern era.

Every time I see a mobile device with a keyboard, it reminds me of Scotty's comment in Star Trek IV: "Keyboard, how quaint."

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShY6xZWVGE[/YT]
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07-08-12 at 07:33 PM.
    07-08-12 07:28 PM
    I happened to stumble upon this article. I know a lot of users mention how BlackBerry is superior in the e-mail department.

How to Bring BlackBerry�s Best Email Features to iPhone or Android

Here's the basic premise of the article, which I found interesting:

Thoughts and opinions?
    I disagree. And I think it's time people stopped talking in absolutes (this is the best or that is the best) because it really is misleading. If something is superior then it means something else is inferior.

They are just different experiences.

So if it's just down to the keyboard that makes for superior...For a long time I thought I could not possibly type fast (or at all) on a virtual keyboard and that was one of the reasons I would not even consider moving over to an all touchscreen phone, especially having used the 9900 keyboard (IMO the best physical keyboard I've used). The typing experience was a big deal for me. Now, having just got SGSIII after just one day I am finding I am still amazed at how quickly I can type - almost as fast as I could on my BB and without Swype. I can't wait to see how good I'll be in a few weeks. Because I'm only going to get better.

I can find no appreciable difference in the speed my email arrives... it's just as fast - if not faster. And now I get access to my email folders (something I never had with my BB email).

I've watched people typing on iphones and Androids... they type pretty fast. If nothing beats a physical keyboard (absolutes again) then a - the next Blackberry phone is in big trouble, since it's going to have a virtual keyboard, and b) tens of millions of people typing merrily (and quite effectively) away on their virtual keyboards are yet to get the memo.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-08-12 07:42 PM
    That's why there will be choice.
    07-08-12 07:42 PM
    I can understand people obstinately believing that folks cannot type fast on virtual keyboards. I used to be one of em.

Different strokes...
    07-08-12 08:06 PM
    I prefer the full featured email of other platforms. I am looking forward to BB10 having a rich HTML email app.
    xandermac likes this.
    07-08-12 08:17 PM
    What I like about Android is the instant sync. I have 3 phone lines on my desk, when an email comes in if I check it on my computer within 10 seconds it has synced with my phones, no more flashing lights. With the BlackBerry you always have to use that to check the email you can't use the computer or another phone or the BlackBerry will keep the red LED going for 15 minutes.
    07-08-12 10:43 PM
    On ICS, if you check the email on a computer, even the notification disappears on your device.

Archiving and labeling (combined with IMAP) is one of the best tools in email management, IMHO.

One thing I would like to see is better email to calendar management from within the app like BB does it.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    07-08-12 10:46 PM
    I can understand people obstinately believing that folks cannot type fast on virtual keyboards. I used to be one of em.

Different strokes...
    Seriously... so did I Ironically I have RIM to thank for discovering that I could in fact type faster than I'd thought I could (as well as some of my encouraging friends)... I reasoned that if BB10 was going to be a virtual keyboard phone then perhaps I had better get used to - or at least open my mind - to the idea of typing on a virtual KB. That meant trying other phones... I tried Android ... and the rest is history.
    07-09-12 06:55 PM
    With just normal BIS, Exchange/OWA users don't have the features that Android/iOS provides.

However, with BES, that's a completely different story. I recently had the opportunity to use BES for a while, and it's amazing.

Then again, the average consumer doesn't have BES access...
    07-10-12 01:10 AM
    RIM email is okay but it needs to catch up to the "desktop class" (their description) of the competition. There's more to it than just "push"now.
    07-10-12 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD