Hi there,

I had to laugh as this news, hope Blackberry 10 fairs better?

Here's What Happens To Your iPhone In The Bitter Cold
    01-08-14 11:21 PM
    Operating and storage temperatures
    Your BlackBerry device and device travel charger are designed to be operated and stored within the temperatures outlined in the following table:

Device operating 32 to 95�F (0 to 35�C)
    Device storage -4 to 95�F (-20 to 35�C)
    Travel charger operating 32 to 95�F (0 to 35�C)
    Travel charger storage -22 to 167�F (-30 to 75�C)

Use or storage of your BlackBerry device or BlackBerry device accessories outside of the recommended temperature ranges could cause damage to your BlackBerry device, BlackBerry device accessories, or lithium-ion battery.
    Keep your BlackBerry device or BlackBerry device accessories away from heat sources, such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat. If you are not going to use your BlackBerry device for more than two weeks, turn off the BlackBerry device power and remove the battery.
    I hope this chart from the BlackBerry Z10 Users guide helps answer that question....And I moved the thread to General BlackBerry Discussion, because you've inadvertently stumbled into a safety message for the users of any smartphone. Beware of extremes, they can damage your phone.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-09-14 at 11:41 AM.
    01-08-14 11:33 PM
    Happens everyday when waiting for the bus.

At one point, my Z10 just went black @ 97% then when I got to a warm place, I was able to turn it on and it still had 40% left.
    01-08-14 11:36 PM
    Just notice that my nephew was playing snowmobile and his iPhone somewhere in pocket. And then he saw nice mother doe and baby fawn deer running toward fence and stuck on deep snow. So take out iphone to get snap of them but find out iphone already dead. So miss opportunity to snap pix nice mother doe and baby fawn stuck in deep snow. Oh well, it sucks.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-08-14 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Edited gratuitous comment.
    01-08-14 11:44 PM
    Ya electronics and cold temperatures generally don't mix.
    avt123 likes this.
    01-09-14 10:13 AM
    I had my iPhone out in -15 F the other day. It worked perfectly fine but I tried not to take it out too much. Going from a super cold temp to a super warm temp can screw with any device.
    01-09-14 10:16 AM
    I think it happened once in my z10 too. I work outside and at night. Just around -10 degree Celsius.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:27 AM
    My OS6 BlackBerry was still working at -10 degrees Fahrenheit when I needed to use it as a flashlight trying to get my bulldozer running to plow the driveway.

Yet another example of progress.
    01-10-14 12:33 PM
    i dont think thats too bad actually considering the newer iphones are encased in metal which wont insulate them from the cold in the slightest unlike plastic and rubber insulation from blackberries and most droids (wonder how the HTC one holds up?)

the study said that most of the phones failed around the same temp and a bit lower with only samsungs s2 going to -31

[Article] Here's what happens to your iPhone in the bitter cold~But a good tip for others, as well!-cold20phone20tests20graphic_best-11078472.jpg (Sub-Zero Weather: Can Your Smartphone Stand The Cold? | TechHive this is the referenced article from huffington posts rewritten one)
    01-10-14 05:33 PM
    Don't forget your sausages:

[Article] Here's what happens to your iPhone in the bitter cold~But a good tip for others, as well!-abc_sausage_stylus_100220_wmain.jpg

Ya electronics and cold temperatures generally don't mix.
    Then why does every server room have its own AC?
    01-10-14 06:00 PM
    Don't forget your sausages:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abc_sausage_stylus_100220_wmain.jpg 
Views:	1196 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	237629

Then why does every server room have its own AC?
    Because electronics and warm temperatures don't mix either :-P
    01-11-14 07:02 AM
    Because electronics and warm temperatures don't mix either :-P
    But warm electronics and cold temperatures do!
    01-12-14 01:44 AM
    We heat up our terminals in freezer warehouse so they can operate. Phone stays in inside pocket underneath freezer suit to keep warm.

? via CB10 app on my BlackBerry Q10?
    01-12-14 04:30 AM
    I have to deal with as low as -40 C temperature not including windchill.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:25 AM
    I used to run outside in the winter all the time, as long as it was warmer than -20 I would go out. I always took my Curve with me in case I needed rescuing. Usually in the colder days I'd get home and take my phone out from inside my jacket and the entire inside of the screen would be foggy with condensation.

Would never treat my new phone like that. Can't even imagine the damage. I have a friend who runs in these conditions with her iPhone all the time. I wonder how well they are sealed and if the condensation I got on the back side of my screen would actually accumulate where you couldn't see it on the inside of a newer phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 11:15 AM