just a thought...

While there are quite a bit of comments on the back plate, i think there is a good reason why it looks plasticky.

NFC

If your going to be tapping the back of the phone on stuff, the back is gonna get scuffed. Can easily be replaced with a new backing since it's removable.

Imagine trying to use NFC on a thin glass back?
    Like the 9900?
    01-28-13 03:39 PM
    one person said the galaxy nexus had no buttons yet he obviously does not understand that jut because they are not physical does not mean they are not buttons. (THESE PEOPLE)
    Haha yeah I made an account just to reply to that person!
    BB12MX and KiLuMaNaTi like this.
    01-28-13 03:57 PM
    Nice to see that Justin Bieber's Mom liked the article and tweeted the link to the gizmodo article. If she could tell her son to tweet it as well that would hit a couple of million fans.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...tweets-764826/
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-28-13 04:19 PM
    Is it just the light reflection, or is that a white X10?
    IF it is a white X10, GOOD LORD IS IT GORGEOUS.
    01-28-13 05:25 PM
    Heres all theyve got left in the comments:

"Does Not Matter. Admitting you still use BB is like having an AOL address."

thats the best youve got?
    01-28-13 05:43 PM
    so liken the L- series, I want one
    01-28-13 05:50 PM
    I got a tear in my eye looking at these photos

Seriously, whatever happens, I proud of the new RIM. Wow to come so far in a short time. Still can't believe that Heins has been in charge for what almost a year and he and his team has accomplished so much. I can't wait to get my new phone!
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-28-13 06:12 PM
    Black is BACK! Deal...

Article from Gizmodo: Sorry Apple, the BlackBerry Z10 Is Hotter Than the iPhone-i_b8cbbd_1279619.jpg
    jegs2, ladeberry, Barljo and 2 others like this.
    01-28-13 07:28 PM
    Gizmodo has a habit of hyping up products before launch and trashing them in reviews....the latest victim of this was the Nokia Lumia 920. I'd be shocked if BB10 reviews are any more generous.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    01-28-13 07:34 PM
    *Giggle* I just got back from dinner with my bestie, who is an iPhone 5 owner. Here's an actual conversation:

Me: So, the BB10 launch is on Wednesday.

Bestie: Aww, you and your antiquated technology. So cute.

Me: (brings up the pics from this thread on my phone)

Bestie: Whoa, THAT'S a BlackBerry??

Me: Dude I told you this was different!!

Bestie: *scrolls* *jaw drops*

Me: So what do you think now?

Bestie: *looks at his iPhone5* Booooooo!

The funny thing, this is the same guy that got me into BlackBerry when he had the 8330!
    mrfreeze, EsJayDee, JR A and 7 others like this.
    01-28-13 09:32 PM
    I am not even paying attention to the iphone ranters, no my gaze is full turned on you fellow CB fans who were almost in unison blasting the X10 Qwerty as being crap....EAT CROW ALL OF YOU... phew...that felt good
    01-28-13 09:34 PM
    It's a good marketing ploy by Gizmodo (and just about every other tech blog out there.)

Everyone is shifting favor toward RIM in the media because it gives them something new to talk about, at the same time attracting a once forgotten market (us CrackBerry/BB types) who don't really frequent sites like Gizmodo. At the same time, the author just HAD to mention iPhone and use some obvious (to me) instigating choice words to also attract the Apple crowd and get them to comment.

Having said that, I really do believe the author is genuinely liking what he is seeing/hearing...
    Masahiro likes this.
    01-28-13 09:59 PM
    hahaha Im reading the comments, and the iSheep just can't stop talking trash. I'm so amused with how ignorant their comments are.

"But the most important question still is: Does it play Angry Birds?"

"Well, RIM has finally arrived in 2008. Good work, guys.

Too bad they're still releasing button/screen faced phones for all 4 people that still use them.

I thought most of us were using touchscreen or touchscreens with full qwerty slider phones. Both are better than the half/half mess of the Blackberry's old design.
    "

"Wow. You are so wrong its disturbing. I cant even go into the most simple reasons why this phone falls short of the iPhone 5 and how your obviously pathetic opinions are starting to wear on the rest of us. Do all of us a favor and stop it."

"Yeah, sorry, no. The last time I bought a slick would-be iPhone competitor from an on-the-ropes company was the Pre. I loved that little pebble, but nothing ever really came of it. Things are going to be even worse now. Good luck getting even half the functionality (apps) as other platforms."

"Looks like Gizmodo got a nice big advertising check from RIM.I smell bull crap.This is like the Lumia BS all over again.The truth is RIM doesn't have a good track record with hardware and most likely this thing is going to have the blackberry playbook internals or something cheaper.."

"Let's agree to disagree. The hardware looks nice but the interface already looks like it's going to be sh!t... But it's a RIM product so that was already to be expected."

Wow January 30th is going to be an amazing day for us BB fans but just a dark day for the Apple Fans. 1 more day and X hours!
    Theres no convincing them....

Article from Gizmodo: Sorry Apple, the BlackBerry Z10 Is Hotter Than the iPhone-haters-gonna-hate_0dd058_3113024.jpg
    southlander and Balti43 like this.
    01-28-13 10:02 PM
    Jealousy rears its ugly head ya'll.
    01-28-13 10:42 PM
    Reposted to my Facebook/Twitter....I recommend everyone else do the same
    01-28-13 11:42 PM
    Jealousy rears its ugly head ya'll.
    I tossed some comments over there (none were rude). I must say though the comments I have seen in the past towards BB10 were much worse that what's up at Giz now. The bashing comments are low key and not really smart in any way, lame actually.
    01-28-13 11:42 PM
    and I just CANT get excited by the white one....the BACK looks good, but when you flip it around....something about it just doesn't....well...hate to say it....but FLOW
    but I'll bet the white X10 will look cool....
    01-28-13 11:45 PM
    I tossed some comments over there (none were rude). I must say though the comments I have seen in the past towards BB10 were much worse that what's up at Giz now. The bashing comments are low key and not really smart in any way, lame actually.
    That's because they are teens/20-somethings who know nothing of the platform
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    01-28-13 11:46 PM
    I'm liking the look of the N series more and more. I own an iphone 5 and really want to get back to a physical keyboard. I have to admit that I am very interested and can't wait for the release. Definitely excited.
    01-28-13 11:56 PM
    Yeah the white z10. Wow. Sharp.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 12:28 AM
    *Giggle* I just got back from dinner with my bestie, who is an iPhone 5 owner. Here's an actual conversation:

Me: So, the BB10 launch is on Wednesday.

Bestie: Aww, you and your antiquated technology. So cute.

Me: (brings up the pics from this thread on my phone)

Bestie: Whoa, THAT'S a BlackBerry??

Me: Dude I told you this was different!!

Bestie: *scrolls* *jaw drops*

Me: So what do you think now?

Bestie: *looks at his iPhone5* Booooooo!

The funny thing, this is the same guy that got me into BlackBerry when he had the 8330!
    Just remember these are renders that make the devices look a little more "svelte" than in reality.
    01-29-13 12:52 AM
    At the same time, the author just HAD to mention iPhone and use some obvious (to me) instigating choice words to also attract the Apple crowd and get them to comment.
    To be fair, the render's included the iPhone 5, so it's hard not to say something about it.
    01-29-13 02:01 AM
    This coming from Gizmodo, which was probably the worst of the RIM-hating sites. BB10 is going to be a huge success.
    Seriously. I stopped going to them a while back because they just had a cartoon hate for BlackBerry and rim
    01-29-13 02:40 AM
    1. The headline is for clicks -- sure way to rile up the large iPhone carrying readership and get picked up all over the web.

2. But yes. It is funny how all the positive press and RIM's day in the Sun is getting under the skin of some folks. It is so fun to watch. It is only going to get better.
    01-29-13 02:57 AM
    I just read the tweet. Not falling for the "Click Me" article for some traffic. Gizmodo can go crawl back under it's rock anytime. To post a positive story on Rim, traffic must be way down! Considering they are the most Bias Apple **** kissing site out there, they should look at their own heavily endorsed **** kissing to apple. A person could post many articles on the lack of listening to customers, fixing bugs etc.
    01-29-13 04:20 AM
88 1234