I have no idea from where these news media get these information and as per latest q and a by kevin with Mr.Chen proves the oppopsite
    when will this negativity stop????
    BlackBerry may abandon smartphone business - The Times of India
    11-05-13 11:14 PM
    They may solve the common cold too.

I have a really hard time paying attention to crap like that.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-05-13 11:36 PM
    I have no idea from where these news media get these information and as per latest q and a by kevin with Mr.Chen proves the oppopsite
    That interview "proves" absolutely nothing. Chen comes right out and admits that he really has little idea of what's been going on at BB, and has to get up to speed before he can be ready to make any decisions. He apparently "thinks" it makes sense to stay in the handset business, but even then, he makes it clear that he simply doesn't know the details right now, and so that could easily change in the near future. Remember, he's not an internal hire that's been with BB for years; he's brand new to the situation, and of course, he's going to say "for now, we stay the course." It's far too early for a new guy to try to make any major changes.

A month or two from now, that will be very different. He'll be up to speed on the realities of the situation, and will know the people involved and will hear their stories, and then we'll see some decisions being made that actually matter. That Q&A is really just PR right now - there was nothing of any substance in it, because there couldn't be. The guy has only been on the job for 24 hours!
    11-06-13 03:39 AM
    Of course they 'might'. Just like they may sudden stop supporting BIS for legacy devices, just like they might suddenly stop developing BB 10 OS, just like they might liquidate the company and sell the parts. Or, they 'might' release a new PlayBook. The list of things they 'might' do is endless
    11-06-13 03:50 AM