All in my opinion of course, though to believe otherwise likely involves unicorns.
    Messing with bb10 was one thing but now your starting with unicorns!
    Of course I believe in unicorns.. your in serious denial if you don't!!
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-06-16 06:25 PM
    They would say anything right now to make customers think bb10 is still afloat and a viable OS. Profits are one hell of a drug.
    If they are motivated by profits they are really bad at making money.. since announcing with the launch of the priv that they are planning to possibly discontinue all hardware sales within 1 year was a great way to limit priv sales out of the gate.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-06-16 06:28 PM
    If a BB10 user really wanted to use Whatsapp (skipping over BBM, Facebook Messenger, and all the other messengers that work on BB10) couldn't they just sideload it? After all, BB10 can run Android apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-06-16 06:55 PM

BB can "explore alternatives" all they want, though as I've mentioned I think that's meaningless PR fluff to keep the faithful on-board, but it's over.
    As long as it's not "strategic alternatives"... ;-P

(again!)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-07-16 03:02 PM
    The Android version of WhatsApp still works fine on BlackBerry 10, so I don't know what all the fuss is over.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 03:22 PM
    The Android version of WhatsApp still works fine on BlackBerry 10, so I don't know what all the fuss is over.

1. The Android version doesn't work as well as the native version.
    2. The Android version might "soon" rely on features that aren't in the Jellybean ART.

Cue ... Fuss!
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-08-16 01:19 AM
    I like and use both. Originally drawn to WhatsApp because of its cross platform capabilities. BBM finally went that way, but lots won't change now.

DHS
    03-10-16 07:58 PM
    Everyone I know uses whatsapp and there is no way to convince them to use BBM. The solution is for me to stop using my BB phone and go iPhone or Android, that is the alternative. The BB has done me well Q5 must be about 3 years old now but things have changed and I guess BB10 is finished with. As a core OS to do phone text and email it is still good, beyond that not so sure.
    03-11-16 07:53 AM
    It's time to wake up. This WhatsApp thing sets the final dead of BlackBerry. I've been user since 2008, used to have more than 200 contacts in BBM, now I have just one, yes one which is my girlfriend. All my business, peers and friends use WhatsApp, and are around 400. I will never move to that stupid hybrid thing called Priv, so I'm waiting for Apple new releases.

Posted via CB10
    Wybrem likes this.
    03-11-16 02:48 PM
    It's time to wake up. This WhatsApp thing sets the final dead of BlackBerry. I've been user since 2008, used to have more than 200 contacts in BBM, now I have just one, yes one which is my girlfriend. All my business, peers and friends use WhatsApp, and are around 400. I will never move to that stupid hybrid thing called Priv, so I'm waiting for Apple new releases.

Posted via CB10
    BB has been dead for years, or rather stuck in time--which was fine with me. But now with Whatsapp going away, it really became useless. BB used to be all about communication and security, well one is down. I've been a BB users since 2007. It's come an absolute end my friends, just like you I have now 7 contacts in my BBM, 7 of which are deactivated--but I hate to see it empty. Everyone uses Whatsapp. BB had so many golden opportunities, but they wasted them. It is to late now,--they should continue with QNX for cars etc. But phones, I don't know. The brand BlackBerry got damaged so hard, that nobody wants a BB anymore even if it has android or ios on it for that matter. I still do, but ye.
    valer466 likes this.
    03-17-16 10:46 PM
    Messaging apps have a niche but that niche is frankly shrinking. Just look at WA, it is a shell of what it was. The growth profile is clearly downward and monetization is nowhere to be seen. I suspect facebook will eventual close it down and link everyone into facebook messenger. For me, It's BBM for close family and friends and text messaging for everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 07:11 PM
36 12