BlackBerry: The Endgame | Monday Note

Interested to get fellow CB take in this one......
    also let your thoughtful opinion be know to the author by leaving a comment at the bottom of article if you so choose.
    09-29-14 05:32 AM
    It's a very long read, but I've scanned through it. I think the writer is neglecting the fact that the BIS service revenue that is missed, is being turned around by software revenue, think of EZ Pass. And this turnaround isn't something that will make the company profitable overnight. The financial results have shown a smaller loss and JC has a pretty good idea of making the company profitable again. I wonder if the writer has done some research into the sales numbers of the Passport, which show 200,000 devices sold on ShopBB and Amazon only. BlackBerry is up for a challenge, but this has been the case since the decline in sales. I really don't think this story will end like Nokia and PalmOS, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens to be sure!
    09-29-14 05:50 AM
    Quickly read it, author must be short BlackBerry.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    09-29-14 05:59 AM
    I got the same sense. I also was thinking that perhaps another motivation for writing such an article is jealousy that the Passport is actually a very innovative product perhaps the most innovative smartphone so far this year.....
    09-29-14 06:06 AM
    Short or paid by shorts..... likely the later

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:13 AM
    I can't even read that. The font is killing me! Use sans-serif please!
    09-30-14 02:44 AM
    Read Pacman's comment to the article :

"JEAN LOUIS GASSEE IS A FORMER APPLE EXECUTIVE AND A GENERAL PARTNER AT ALLEGIS CAPITAL , A SIGNICANT PRE IPO SHAREHOLDER OF BLACKBERRY?S EMM DIRECT COMPETITOR GOOD TECHNOLOGY! THIS ARTICLE IS A COMPLETE jOKE!"

The man has a dog in the fight.
    ibpluto likes this.
    09-30-14 08:50 AM
    If I were BlackBerry executive, my main selling point would be security.
    Launch huge (secret) hacking campaign, get all major competitive devices look vulnerable, create sense of insecurity, get data stolen, make viruses.
    Profit!
    Well I know BlackBerry will not do this, but they are fighting for survival...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:36 AM
    Read Pacman's comment to the article :

"JEAN LOUIS GASSEE IS A FORMER APPLE EXECUTIVE AND A GENERAL PARTNER AT ALLEGIS CAPITAL , A SIGNICANT PRE IPO SHAREHOLDER OF BLACKBERRY?S EMM DIRECT COMPETITOR GOOD TECHNOLOGY! THIS ARTICLE IS A COMPLETE jOKE!"

The man has a dog in the fight.
    Wow good technology is still around. I thought they went bankrupt again. As I said before, this article is clueless. Revenue from BIS is being replaced by revenue from software and the pace is accelerating fast. There is a reason BlackBerry is hiring again. I have little doubt they will be in the black next quarter. I guess we know who is shorting BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:13 AM
    Good technology is number one on the BlackBerry hit list, and so far Good has been unable to IPO (i.e. find more suckers). This piece just shows desperation

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:37 AM
    It's a very long read, but I've scanned through it. I think the writer is neglecting the fact that the BIS service revenue that is missed, is being turned around by software revenue, think of EZ Pass. And this turnaround isn't something that will make the company profitable overnight. The financial results have shown a smaller loss and JC has a pretty good idea of making the company profitable again. I wonder if the writer has done some research into the sales numbers of the Passport, which show 200,000 devices sold on ShopBB and Amazon only. BlackBerry is up for a challenge, but this has been the case since the decline in sales. I really don't think this story will end like Nokia and PalmOS, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens to be sure!
    No its not. Didn't you read the financial report. BlackBerry service revenue is not being made up elsewhere. Please show the facts and not fiction.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    techvisor likes this.
    10-01-14 07:13 AM