That was two months ago - a lifetime
    09-24-16 11:26 AM
    I wish the mods would shut these lame rehashed "the sky is falling" threads down. Honestly how many of these has there been since the darkest days leading up to Chen's arrival? All he has done since coming on board is released phones. Late '14 saw the Passport, Classic and Z3. Then in '15 a Leap and later the PRIV. In '16 we now have the DTEK50 and soon DTEK60 with a keyboard device scheduled in early 17. Enough already naysayers. Go find something else to speculate about.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-24-16 11:45 AM
    I wish the mods would shut these lame rehashed "the sky is falling" threads down. Honestly how many of these has there been since the darkest days leading up to Chen's arrival? All he has done since coming on board is released phones. Late '14 saw the Passport, Classic and Z3. Then in '15 a Leap and later the PRIV. In '16 we now have the DTEK50 and soon DTEK60 with a keyboard device scheduled in early 17. Enough already naysayers. Go find something else to speculate about.

Exactly. I'm not believing it either. If it was true it would be all over sites like AppyGeek, Cnet, Even on podcasts, Twitter. I get tech news tweeted via notifications from a half a dozen sites and no one has mentioned this. The media would love to be relishing on this, as well as other tech companies, Device manufacturers and there has only been speculation at best.

Until I see it on all the legit news sites then I will take it seriously. There are also tech reporters that have bias and some also hope for the demise of Blackberry, so just one source is not enough to convince me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 09-24-16 at 12:02 PM.
    09-24-16 11:50 AM
    That was two months ago - a lifetime
    Is Chen supposed to tweet that everyday?

If he did tweet that everyday people would just call him "desperate" and it would likely hurt the business even more.
    09-24-16 12:05 PM

To be fair, Smartphone Experts does not have vested interest to do so. To them, the more fires there are, the more clicks and ad views they get, the better. They're a for-profit company on their own, they're not BlackBerry's marketing mouthpiece.
    09-24-16 02:38 PM

What would CrackBerry be without baseless speculation and FUD?
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    09-24-16 02:51 PM
    What would CrackBerry be without baseless speculation and FUD?
    Better.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    bh7171 likes this.
    09-24-16 04:20 PM
    Chen already stated a long time ago that the BlackBerry hardware division was now essentially a 'design house'. Take that as you will...my interpretation is that they are now outsourcing almost everything except the BlackBerry specific aspects of the device: software, accessories, packaging, aesthetics, marketing, etc. In fact, one could argue they have already been doing that since Chen joined. The Passport and the Priv were the only truly new BlackBerry devices released under Chen. He only needed a 'hardware division' around long enough to get those models out the door. Every other 'new' model has either been rehashed BB10 designs or in the case of the DTEK, Alcatel's Idol4. So the transition 'out of hardware' is really only the natural evolution of a process that has been slowly and methodically implemented by Chen over the span of several years. As of this month I believe, for better or for worse, he can comfortably say that transition is complete...whether he continues to sell phones or not is almost a moot point. BlackBerry's focus going forward is obviously not on hardware. Period.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    Last edited by kputock; 09-24-16 at 05:07 PM.
    09-24-16 04:30 PM

If that happened some members here will have nothing to do anymore. LOL

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-24-16 04:36 PM
    It's time to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 04:36 PM
    BlackBerry just launched the PRIV in Korea. They hadn't sold phones there in years. Why would they do that if they intended to shut everything down?

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    This.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 09:55 PM
    It's time to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. BB10 sucks.
    09-25-16 07:16 AM
    Yes. BB10 sucks.
    We know you hate BB10, but your hatred of it is not universal. There are many who do not hate BB10 and have had different experiences with it than you.

The truth is you're trolling now.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    09-25-16 07:22 AM
    Chen already stated a long time ago that the BlackBerry hardware division was now essentially a 'design house'.
    Man I want that job - "yeah... we'll take that one. Lunch everyone".
    jope28 and JeepBB like this.
    09-25-16 03:38 PM
    I would not be surprised...
    If i'm one of BB's investor... i see BB back on track base on the past seasons of returns, my greed comes back and will ask for more returns... perhaps to recover my losts in the early period.

Savings on moving of hardware manufacturing to low cost place elsewhere where manpower costs are much lower than Mexicans... whoohoo!!! Let's go ahead and make some earnings!!!
    09-26-16 04:07 AM
    Just a speculation. When the time will come world will know.

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    09-26-16 04:10 AM
    Vicious cycle much?

- BlackBerry Earnings Release approach
    - Stock "analyst" sites recycle misquotes, old interviews for an article
    - "Tech" sites starts reposting the crap from the said "analysts"
    - "Debate" starts on CrackBerry

FWIW, the two sites posting about this right now, Android Headlines and Phone Arena once said the STV100-3 was the Rome and never bothered correcting it...
    Webosphere bubble... :-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-27-16 12:22 AM
    Better.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm jealous! My last of 3 Pre3's was getting finicky so I retired it. Boy do I miss it and the homebrew community!
    09-28-16 08:23 AM
    According to official report today BBRY stops all internal research and development activities. HW R&D will be outsourced so, yes, the rumor turns out to be true.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    09-28-16 08:46 AM
    According to official report today BBRY stops all internal research and development activities. HW R&D will be outsourced so, yes, the rumor turns out to be true.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    It's not outsourced - what they describe isn't outsourcing at all. It's licensing. If it was outsourcing, BBRY would be paying companies to design and produce phones for them. Instead this asks companies to pay BBRY a license fee, release a phone in their marketplace and see if they make a profit and pay BBRY royalties.

As far as I can tell - if nobody pays for a license there will be no phones beyond the one license in Indonesia.
    ardakca likes this.
    09-28-16 11:42 AM
    Is Chen supposed to tweet that everyday?

If he did tweet that everyday people would just call him "desperate" and it would likely hurt the business even more.
    So two months ago WAS a lifetime ago.
    09-28-16 11:44 AM
    It's time to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    Android sucks!

🔥 📶
    09-28-16 12:25 PM
    I'm jealous! My last of 3 Pre3's was getting finicky so I retired it. Boy do I miss it and the homebrew community!
    / off-topic /

Mine started double typing earlier this year, and I thought I might have to give it up, but then I started to experience fast battery drain, uninstalled uberkernel, and the double typing disappeared.

I know what you mean about homebrew. The ESPN app stopped working about two weeks ago and Grabber5.0 fixed it for me. I know that BlackBerry's all about being locked down for security purposes, and I respect that, but there are benefits to a more open model too.
    09-29-16 12:19 AM
    It's not outsourced - what they describe isn't outsourcing at all. It's licensing. If it was outsourcing, BBRY would be paying companies to design and produce phones for them. Instead this asks companies to pay BBRY a license fee, release a phone in their marketplace and see if they make a profit and pay BBRY royalties.

As far as I can tell - if nobody pays for a license there will be no phones beyond the one license in Indonesia.
    This is the story. But I was expecting Chen to be crystal clear on the next Pkb. Not going round the word s like we'll complete the transition at the end of the Fiscal year or such. Just tell us. No PKB even though I said it will arrive or yes we will release the pkb and that is that no more. Is it that hard? He talks differently in every interview.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-29-16 02:57 AM
    But I was expecting Chen to be crystal clear on the next Pkb.
    One of the things you have to be careful with when reading Chen's statements or listening to Chen is that he mixes up tenses in english so he is often talking about things that have happened as if they are the future and the future as if it has happened - this is the source of much confusion.
    09-29-16 05:29 AM
83 1234