BlackBerry 10 smartphones coming to India in Feb: RIM MD - The Times of India

The article is an interview with RIM India's MD. Here's the relevant portion:

When will we get BB10 devices in India and how many are likely to be there?

Globally, we will announce BB10 on January 30. Within 2 or 3 weeks, I expect it to come to India. Initially, there will be one device, the flagship model with full touchscreen. It will be followed by another device soon.
    That doesn't sound like a definitive answer to me. However, as RIM's top guy in India, he should know?
    01-26-13 11:14 AM
    However, as RIM's top guy in India, he should know?
    He knows, but he obviously isn't going to say the exact date when the company is having a launch event in 3 days and some odd hours.
    01-26-13 11:58 AM
    He knows, but he obviously isn't going to say the exact date when the company is having a launch event in 3 days and some odd hours.
    Yes, but he is saying by Feb 21, they should have it in India.
    01-26-13 12:19 PM
    He's saying he expects them to have it be February 21. Not exactly the most definitive choice of words there.
    01-26-13 12:45 PM
    I would guess that the hedging of his bets with that date means that they are still awaiting the final technical acceptance from the carriers and then have a set amount of time until shipped hardware would make it into the shops, but even if there were issues, it does seem likely that at worst they would see devices on sale by the end of Feb, so will that be another country beating the slack american carriers or not?
    01-26-13 02:57 PM
    For someone high up to say this publicly, he probably knows that 2 weeks is a slam dunk and 3 weeks is a worse case scenario. I think it will be there in less than 2 weeks.
    01-26-13 09:05 PM
    We will have them by Feb end... Most carriers will need that much time to chalk out data plans and call plans. Technically they will not need to change the existing infrastructure to support the phones... They may however not want call option on bbm or gtalk or any such application...

Whatever it is... I am going to get one on launch day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-26-13 11:33 PM
    Just got this on my tweet...

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...-report-327695

I hope this is right. Will get one on launch day... ))

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-07-13 03:27 AM