Engadget - Back to BlackBerry: a power user's perspective

Thirty days is just a tiny fraction of the two-year commitment you sign when buying discounted phones in the US -- one-twenty-fourth of the actual time you're stuck with the device before switching phones. For a reviewer like me, however, it's actually about twice as long as I typically spend with any given device as my daily driver. I'm halfway through my monthlong BlackBerry 10 experiment, which means this is the point at which I'm usually ready to move on to something new.

Strangely, I'm not feeling the same about the Z10 -- at least, not as much as I had expected. While I became accustomed to the user interface during the first week, my experiences during the second week were even more smooth and natural than before. That's great news as I prepare for my upcoming trip to Spain to cover Mobile World Congress (I leave tonight), since my habits as a power user will be amplified during my weeklong venture to the other side of the Atlantic. Phone-wise, what would normally be a minor frustration at home can become an emergency in other countries, so I spent this week putting the Z10 to the test. I wanted to make sure it's prepared for the rough and taxing journey the two of us will face in Barcelona. Venture across the break and I'll fill you in on some of the things I discovered.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-20-13 03:57 PM
    I have been following the last couple of articles in the series he has written and I have to say I am fairly impressed with the writer's perspective..... Do I agree with everthing he says... no... but that is the point... i do not want to read an article where I agree with everything as I learn nothing...... he writes not from what is lacking as most of the Endgadget, BGR and Gizmodo writers tend to do. Rather he writed what is and is not working for him... from my standpoint that is what makes it a worthwhile read....
    02-20-13 04:04 PM
    I actually am interested to see his opinion in the coming weeks as he goes to MWC. Its unfortunate that BlackBerry Travel and Bridge are not whole and available on BlackBerry 10 yet as those features, being part and parcel of the phone, can have marked change in impression.
    02-20-13 04:08 PM
    He's a legitimate unbiased user. That's what I like about him. That's why I keep looking forward to his articles. I like the insight he gives.
    02-22-13 08:55 PM
    Thanks for posting.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:22 PM
    THANKS ! referenced here.com as cited in the article and got a useful web based map app. HERE Maps by NOKIA - Mobile maps for Windows Phone, Apple iPhone and Android
    The green button took me home.... interesting ( to me at least).
    02-22-13 10:48 PM
    one thing alot of these revewers are missing is that over time a user begins to see and understand how well and how efficient the Z10 is, at first use it doesn't seem like it does much different and isn't intuitive, but as a user gets used to it it becomes one of the best experienses, its fluid and fast, apps are coming to BBworld fast, by march they are expecting BBworld to hit 100 000 apps which is 30 000 more in just a month which is pretty impressive.

the more time i spend with my Z10 the happier i am with it, sure there are still small issues that updates will fix but i can deal with them becasue they are nothing major and the total experience of the device out weighs the negative. most reviewers just can't open their minds up enough to actually pull themselves out of the Apple and Android crazy to give the Z10 a chance, even at first glace it is an impressive device but again reviewers minds are closed because its still just a BlackBerry
    zyben likes this.
    02-24-13 03:09 AM
    one thing alot of these revewers are missing is that over time a user begins to see and understand how well and how efficient the Z10 is, at first use it doesn't seem like it does much different and isn't intuitive, but as a user gets used to it it becomes one of the best experienses, its fluid and fast, apps are coming to BBworld fast, by march they are expecting BBworld to hit 100 000 apps which is 30 000 more in just a month which is pretty impressive.

the more time i spend with my Z10 the happier i am with it, sure there are still small issues that updates will fix but i can deal with them becasue they are nothing major and the total experience of the device out weighs the negative. most reviewers just can't open their minds up enough to actually pull themselves out of the Apple and Android crazy to give the Z10 a chance, even at first glace it is an impressive device but again reviewers minds are closed because its still just a BlackBerry
    Hope those 30k apps won't be rubbish like most of the existing 70k already in BBW.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 10:41 AM
    Hope those 30k apps won't be rubbish like most of the existing 70k already in BBW.

Posted via CB10
    there are alot of games coming and not just whatever games, i really don't see much rubbish just apps that i wouldn't use on a regular basis
    02-24-13 10:53 AM