nothing happened in vacuum. apple's success is long in the making.
    5 strategic moves that show Apple is more CIO-friendly | CIO
    BB better be on guard and take note. (team up with IBM and Cisco are brilliant move).
    BB better be on guard..... little late for that.

What is clear from this article.... Volkswagen isn't waiting on BlackBerry to provide a solution. The question is how many other existing or past BlackBerry Enterprise customer, don't care either. And the real issue, is when will BlackBerry say "more secure than iOS".... if ever.

Apple offers a very good solution... might not meet everyone's needs, but then does Android BlackBerry meet them?
    05-11-17 08:29 AM
    BB better be on guard..... little late for that.

What is clear from this article.... Volkswagen isn't waiting on BlackBerry to provide a solution. The question is how many other existing or past BlackBerry Enterprise customer, don't care either. And the real issue, is when will BlackBerry say "more secure than iOS".... if ever.

Apple offers a very good solution... might not meet everyone's needs, but then does Android BlackBerry meet them?
    when BB canned hardware - handset, the lost is in the end to end package deal that Corp seek. as for "little late", nothing is too late if you set up your mind into it. People have long memories, Sony dig out BB when under attack... Many Gov agency still hang on BB... how to package as whole for the CIO is the key... If you don't have access and speak to their "language" (or know their update roadmap) it would be hard. I don't believe BB is total outsider as yet... better catch up fast (if they don't have hardware capability, partner with someone reputable, like apple with ibm and cisco... not too late for the party, just don't be a wall flower).
    05-11-17 08:42 AM
    05-11-17 12:13 PM
    Re-opened. Let's keep it on topic and remember to post like you're actually in person with your fellow members. It'll be a better conversation with less angst and save me time editing threads and reminding people to be people.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    05-11-17 01:01 PM
    If Apple doesn't NEED to use corrupt methods to push their products, because they're so brilliant and successful ... then why have they done it before?

Nobody CLAIMED bribery.

But based on past EVIDENCE (which is the whole point) Apple certainly could do stuff like that.

There's the strong possibility based on past EVIDENCE that VW's decision had less to do with BB than Apple's past corporate behaviour.

it was just an observation based on Apple's past history and the suspicious assault on BB that keeps happening

2 + 2 = 4

Apple is a big shark. Sharks eat smaller fish. Don't trust the shark if you're a fish.

As for scouring the Internet for the two links i used as proof that Apple has done this type of thing before, they were the first results when you do a basic general Google. If I really wanted to scour the Internet I could find 10 more easily where they did stuff like this.
    So I can produce hundreds of articles claiming Elvis is alive, some with pictures. So 1+1=2 I guess Elvis lives.

Bottom line, Apple now is the phone of choice in many corporations. No large or even medium company would choose BlackBerry in 2017. Today only two companies really compete when a company is standardizing on a phone company - Apple and Samsung. The only real surprise is that Volkswagen has taken so long to start their migration. My guess the emission scandal has slowed up the process. BTW that is another scandal you can cover, and that one has proof. Or maybe the active Samsung bribery case in Korea.

Still none of this matters. Apple is an easy choice today for many companies.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-11-17 08:25 PM
    when BB canned hardware - handset, the lost is in the end to end package deal that Corp seek. as for "little late", nothing is too late if you set up your mind into it. People have long memories, Sony dig out BB when under attack... Many Gov agency still hang on BB... how to package as whole for the CIO is the key... If you don't have access and speak to their "language" (or know their update roadmap) it would be hard. I don't believe BB is total outsider as yet... better catch up fast (if they don't have hardware capability, partner with someone reputable, like apple with ibm and cisco... not too late for the party, just don't be a wall flower).
    Sony dug out BBOS phones. Most of the few remaining US government agencies that have BlackBerry are on BBOS. I hear from someone here that there are US agencies using BB10, but I have not seen any when working with government agencies. Considering the MDM solutions now in place and being deployed do not support BB10, any remaining in government agencies will be gone soon.
    05-11-17 08:33 PM
    So I can produce hundreds of articles claiming Elvis is alive, some with pictures. So 1+1=2 I guess Elvis lives.

Bottom line, Apple now is the phone of choice in many corporations. No large or even medium company would choose BlackBerry in 2017. Today only two companies really compete when a company is standardizing on a phone company - Apple and Samsung. The only real surprise is that Volkswagen has taken so long to start their migration. My guess the emission scandal has slowed up the process. BTW that is another scandal you can cover, and that one has proof. Or maybe the active Samsung bribery case in Korea.

Still none of this matters. Apple is an easy choice today for many companies.
    I never said they weren't successful ;-)
    05-11-17 09:15 PM
    Sony dug out BBOS phones. Most of the few remaining US government agencies that have BlackBerry are on BBOS. I hear from someone here that there are US agencies using BB10, but I have not seen any when working with government agencies. Considering the MDM solutions now in place and being deployed do not support BB10, any remaining in government agencies will be gone soon.
    do not under estimate the remaining BB, either in BBOS or BB10. just look at the service fee from quarterly report, still sizable... that just BBOS. some place, still hard to replace playbook in the 3rd world kitchen that serve as vedio chat, 15.00 per month in some 2G network area few can afford the iphone. Solar cell battery charging station of handsets (few villege share one station) prefer smaller battery rather than big one. Not sure Nokia is target the market or not,but some resale BB was rocking well there... CB dominated with urban population, you hardly hear the voice of others... (re-sale of BB didn't count for corp earning, but it is there.. the solid build of BBOS handsets still doing its job, even after years of "obsoleteness").
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    05-11-17 09:55 PM
    do not under estimate the remaining BB, either in BBOS or BB10. just look at the service fee from quarterly report, still sizable... that just BBOS. some place, still hard to replace playbook in the 3rd world kitchen that serve as vedio chat, 15.00 per month in some 2G network area few can afford the iphone. Solar cell battery charging station of handsets (few villege share one station) prefer smaller battery rather than big one. Not sure Nokia is target the market or not,but some resale BB was rocking well there... CB dominated with urban population, you hardly hear the voice of others... (re-sale of BB didn't count for corp earning, but it is there.. the solid build of BBOS handsets still doing its job, even after years of "obsoleteness").
    BBOS went EOL in 2014, companies have been migrating in masses over the last several years. BBOS revenues have been plummeting quickly for several years. Maybe a few small holdouts, but the few remaining holdouts have migration plans in place. BB10 has not had a major update in over two years and BlackBerry is out of the Hardware business. There will neve be any new BB10 phones and the remaining inventory is all but depleted. How would a company stay with BB10.
    05-11-17 10:53 PM
    you are correct, after 2014, the BBOS basically was gone from BB and BB10 was gone from BB say 2014-2016. that is by choice of moving towards software only and corp only, security only shift of focus. that 2G market is not in BB target (not even on their radar map). little voice those customer (not direct, re-sale) they have. Plus majority are non-english speaking- some questions are spanish... https://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-98...UvbUpU12873938
    that is an excellent design and good value. (camera, video, data compression, phone, etc.)
    05-12-17 07:16 AM
    If Apple doesn't NEED to use corrupt methods to push their products, because they're so brilliant and successful ... then why have they done it before?

Nobody CLAIMED bribery.

But based on past EVIDENCE (which is the whole point) Apple certainly could do stuff like that.

There's the strong possibility based on past EVIDENCE that VW's decision had less to do with BB than Apple's past corporate behaviour.

it was just an observation based on Apple's past history and the suspicious assault on BB that keeps happening

2 + 2 = 4

Apple is a big shark. Sharks eat smaller fish. Don't trust the shark if you're a fish.

As for scouring the Internet for the two links i used as proof that Apple has done this type of thing before, they were the first results when you do a basic general Google. If I really wanted to scour the Internet I could find 10 more easily where they did stuff like this.
    The fact that BB10 is becoming obsolete and a non factor in the enterprise market I'm sure had nothing to do with VW decision.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 08:56 AM
    The fact that BB10 is becoming obsolete and a non factor in the enterprise market I'm sure had nothing to do with VW decision.

Posted via CB10
    "Becoming?"

Apple's corporate history of doing this also counts here and if we find out in 6 months that there were any payments or kickbacks then BB10's status meant nothing in this story.

History counts and cannot be denied.
    05-12-17 10:01 AM
37 12