ToastPerfect here crying for help...

Bought Curve 8320 from Yahoo! in August, was delivered to Argentina with T-Mobile brand, I activated the device following Crackberry's 101 step by step and it worked.... Many thanks. All worked well until my BBM stopped working after three months, so I went to my mobile operator Movistar Argentina and they could not help since they did not sell me the device. After reading the fourm questions for the past four days I decided to download the DM v4.6 and then download the new OS 4.5. (whatever version there is at the time). The BB site offered the DM v4.6 download however after three failed attempts I decided to ask for help. My computer has Windows Vista Premium 64-bit and its only three weeks old...... Every time I attempted to download it told me that it will take two hours plus then it would time out! My internet service is DSL 5Mega so it should not take this long.

p.s. it may be prudent to ask, but will my BBMessenger work if I go through this whole process? Battery pulls, re regestering with Movistar< new Service Books resent etc. did not help.... Thanks in advance for your help
    10-23-08 05:25 PM
    Hi, sorry, I haven't a clue on how to help you. I would have thought someone w/more knowledge than I, could have ans. this by now. Hang in there.
    10-23-08 09:30 PM
    Thanks. I am hanging in but do you think I should post the question in a different thread?
    10-23-08 09:41 PM
    I'm not sure. I'm on my laptop & just bring down 'todays BB post' & I found you. I did notice you are back up to the 1st page, this may help.
    10-23-08 09:50 PM
    So
    toast. Do you have a data plan with your provider. And how is bbm not working? Is everything else working?
    Browser email etc. Also keep trying to load desktop manager. It is big and slow but you need it. If your phone came with a disk you can use it. Its probably DM 4.5 but that's ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 10:38 AM
    So
    toast. Do you have a data plan with your provider. And how is bbm not working? Is everything else working?
    Browser email etc. Also keep trying to load desktop manager. It is big and slow but you need it. If your phone came with a disk you can use it. Its probably DM 4.5 but that's ok.

First, thank you so much for giving my request some of your time....... Second, yes i have a data plan and my exact problem is that my local contacts in Argentina can coomunicate with me via BBM just fine, my contacts outside of Argentina such as the USA, Kuwait and Dubai can not. Ironically, all of my contacts were able to communicate with me for the last three months without a glitch until late last week. All my other services such as email, internet browser etc. are working properly.

CONFESSION TIME..... since I have not had any help in the past day since I posted the question I went ahead and deleted my BBM application from my phone (Options/Advanced Options/Applications/ BBM) and voila its deleted with one quick and yet very stupid move. My current desktop software did not have another copy in the Apploader icon so I am royally SOL.... Up a creek with no paddle. No looking back Not even the Blackberry site has a current version because they assume that the software with phone has it.... Any way I need serious help or I will have to pay another 3,000 pesos again to get a new one.

I would be very greatful if you can lend me some help.
    10-24-08 11:05 AM
    You will have to reload the os to get it back. With every thing else working I'm sorry I don't know what the issue is. I have seen some other post about people having issues with bbm internationaly. It would lead me to believe the carrier has blocked it but as bbm is simple data I don't know why they would do so. I'll dig around and see what I can find.

10-24-08 12:13 PM
    Actually since youdeleted bbm from the phone I think you can run app loader in dm and just check the box at messenger to reinstall.

10-24-08 12:16 PM
    I just downloaded the software from BlackBerry/Telefonica/BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.288 (Multilanguage). It took two hours and connected my Curve and it gave me an option to download an older OS version than the one in my phone which is 4.2..... This is very confusing to me! I wish I can get some CD directly from T-Mobile with the right OS and DM versions. I will never buy a phone from the internet again. Enough ranting from my part. I declined to load the older version and I still don't have BBM application. My CD does not have the application on it either, in other words when I click on the AppLoader it has nothing to check so I have no options to choose. What to do?
    10-24-08 01:47 PM
    ToastPerfect is doing the happy dance...Yipppeeee.... Went into the Carrier Discussion Forum/T-Mobile/8320 4.5.0.81 OS upgrade links and downloaded the V4.6 Desktop software and the 4.5 OS and followed the step by step instructions in the Crackberry thread. So far soooooo good and now my device is rebooting. I had to remove the vendor.xml link and I am holding my breath for the what my new Curve OS will look like.... many many many thanks for helping...... No need for the Yahoo chat.
    10-24-08 04:54 PM
    Good job Grasshopper! Once you get it going add your BBM contacts and let us know what's going on. Oh and don't forget to send your service books.
    10-24-08 04:57 PM
    Here is the lowdown, the software download process from the Crackberry web site (T-Mobile forum) for both the desktop and the device upgrade took about ten minutes each. The back up process was a non-brainer, the vendor.xml delete was nothing to brag about..... I just had to have patience to watch the device go through the process of deleting the old OS and then loading the new OS was the tricky part. Actually I had my fingers crossed chanting some type of BB prayer for almost 45 minutes. And oh my God it worked. I needed to turn off everything like computer, mobile and my mouth and then I turned them back on and by the grace of God everything worked. I had to re-register my device with Movistar and go through the set up wizzard and I accessed the advanced options, to register the routing tables and resend the Service Books. Life is good and my Curve is back on track with the help of my Crackberry PLTaylor. Gracias Amigo. So now I can actually sing....... Don't cry for me Argentina....
    10-24-08 08:02 PM
    Ha! Thats great toast. Glad you learned alot along the way. Welcome to CB! Stick around.
    10-24-08 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD