All indications are that US Carriers will be releasing between mid March and late March. So it looks like another 3 weeks to another month or so of waiting for the US customers.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10

I would agree with a mid March release as this would fit with their roll out schedule. Lets face it after early March, there won't be many countries left on BBs check list. As eluded to in another thread, I don't think the delay has anything to do with carrier testing. I think it centers around marketing, tweaking the OS and building up the App store/ecosystem. BB knows that they must do everything they can ensure reasonable sales in the US market. While the delay may annoy our US fans, it seems only prudent that BB do everything in its power to ensure that the Z10 gains traction.
    02-18-13 02:02 PM
    I'm still thinking its not the carriers or if it is they don't want it until a person can pick it up and find skype and the majority of mainstream cross platform apps. Hasn't that been a bb issue all along in the states? The phones are not considered or returned when avg Joe finds out they don't have their apps they use?
    Nothing to do with the apps. In most cases, the apps have already been built, or could be ready in short order. You don't think major app publishers don't at least do a proof of concept for platforms that look like they'll be significant?

As I stated elsewhere, I think the US carriers wanted to see early sales in other markets and gauge consumer response to the platform in general. The US would have been a later launch even if BB had supplied carrier samples a year earlier.
    BergerKing and zclash like this.
    02-18-13 02:07 PM
    Does anyone know the exact steps and approximate timing for each phase that a carrier needs to do to approve a new phone. And is there a difference in the timelines between a new phone/brand new manufacturer to a new phone/currently established manufacturer? 6 months+ seems an awfully long time to perform testing for an existing manufacturer...
    02-18-13 02:20 PM
    utter crap.
    loads of other carriers finished testing.
    the phones are already FCC approved.
    what else would cause extra long testing.
    i bet the carriers either didnt take the release seriously or are busy trying to negoiate more money.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Yep. You can read between the lines. Tmo has nothing to lose pushing things up. They have no iphone. The z10 helps them switch customers from other carriers (possibly). If they get it out before everyone else. But verizon has blackberry over a barrel. No hurry. Just keep shoving android down peoples throats.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-18-13 02:25 PM
    Does anyone know the exact steps and approximate timing for each phase that a carrier needs to do to approve a new phone. And is there a difference in the timelines between a new phone/brand new manufacturer to a new phone/currently established manufacturer? 6 months+ seems an awfully long time to perform testing for an existing manufacturer...
    "Carrier testing" is a red herring. US carriers wanted to see early reaction so they could decide how much money/resources to invest in the Z10 launch. That's my own educated guess, admittedly, but given that T-Mo and apparently Verizon have both moved up their release plans after the UK/Canada launches, I don't think it's a bad one.
    darkehawke, dbugem, zclash and 1 others like this.
    02-18-13 02:25 PM
    Yep. You can read between the lines. Tmo has nothing to lose pushing things up. They have no iphone. The z10 helps them switch customers from other carriers (possibly). If they get it out before everyone else. But verizon has blackberry over a barrel. No hurry. Just keep shoving android down peoples throats.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    indeed.
    the one good thing out of all this for the US market is that 10.1 may be out by the time the phones hit the market and therefore they will get a more solid experience.
    BergerKing and cman5 like this.
    02-18-13 02:27 PM
    What I don't get is the only mention of the Z10 on Verizon's website is if you search for it. That is not good. On launch day, they had a little image underneath the big splash images but now that is gone. If they are launching it early March, you would think they would leave a frontpage mention of it or at least start pre-orders.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-18-13 03:49 PM
    I just read this: Verizon Blackberry Z10 Release Date Could End Up Being Later Than T-Mobile Verizon Blackberry Z10 Release Date Could End Up Being Later Than T-Mobile : Mobile : Latinos Post

If this is the case, I think a new carrier and a new phone that isn't a BB might happen.
    Don't sit around making idle threats. Do it, I dare you...
    Sammcn likes this.
    02-18-13 03:54 PM
    Kinda shady when the "source" of the post doesn't mention anything about when Verizon will be releasing the Z10. Hope you all brought extra salt today, seems you may be needing those grains.
    BergerKing and Blacklatino like this.
    02-18-13 03:55 PM
    Yes, it's BB's fault that the carriers in the UK, Canada, France, Turkey, Bahrain, Qatar, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Lebanon, Pakistan and all the other places that had their releases were able to complete their testing before the US carriers that received the devices and the final software at the same time. Yes, blame BB that the US carriers take longer to complete their testing than the carriers in all of those other countries.
    Not to mention that The US carriers have networks that are probably larger than all of those countries combined and were cobbled together over years of acquisitions and mergers...
    02-18-13 03:57 PM
    What I don't get is the only mention of the Z10 on Verizon's website is if you search for it. That is not good. On launch day, they had a little image underneath the big splash images but now that is gone. If they are launching it early March, you would think they would leave a frontpage mention of it or at least start pre-orders.
    Still the first image on the Business portal:

APRIL?!  Are you kidding me?!-login_lower_right_promo.jpg
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-18-13 03:59 PM
    Still the first image on the Business portal:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	login_lower_right_promo.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	136638
    Should be on the consumer side as well..
    BergerKing and Blacklatino like this.
    02-18-13 04:14 PM
    BB knows the carriers testing requirements and time tables, it is BB's fault. They should have delivered devices eariler - but they weren't ready... by all accounts it sounds like they were not ready for a Feb launch either.
    No they were not ready. And probably did not have the engineering resources to handle all the US big boys at the same time as ROW.... so they went the easier route. You guys all sound like you just give the phone to the carrier they drive around a little and bless it. It is a long bleak process involving alot of lab time and the carrier engineers want to talk to manufacturer engineers. i could see 6 months on this. To us, we think the miss was that BB thought they could get the final test product ready by October and it was not.
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-18-13 04:23 PM
    No they were not ready. And probably did not have the engineering resources to handle all the US big boys at the same time as ROW.... so they went the easier route. You guys all sound like you just give the phone to the carrier they drive around a little and bless it. It is a long bleak process involving alot of lab time and the carrier engineers want to talk to manufacturer engineers. i could see 6 months on this. To us, we think the miss was that BB thought they could get the final test product ready by October and it was not.
    But some guy was able to make calls on his... Done deal. They're obviously just sticking it to BB fans for fun... /sarcasm
    02-18-13 04:34 PM
    Kinda shady when the "source" of the post doesn't mention anything about when Verizon will be releasing the Z10. Hope you all brought extra salt today, seems you may be needing those grains.
    02-18-13 04:38 PM
    Should be on the consumer side as well..
    Businesses need to plan ahead. Consumers will get antsy if they see it and can't have it today or tomorrow. Just look at how many threads around here have people crying over a few weeks time. You'd think they were looking for a replacement for their failing kidney dialysis machine, not just an upgrade to a phone that is probably working just fine...
    02-18-13 04:49 PM
    Here's an idea what Sprint does from product planning to launch. Usually it's a year long process.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/a...?a=10935&p=all
    02-18-13 05:16 PM
    You mean it's more than the Verizon guy walking around saying

Can you hear me now?
    convenor and FantomLightning like this.
    02-18-13 06:28 PM
    You know (and at the risk of starting a CODECs war) choosing Verizon means opting for CDMA. Now, perhaps 4G-LTE will allow voice and data, but for those areas not as yet equipped, won't the phone have the same single-activity limitation that all Verizon phones have? Further, if there's any expectation to take the phone anywhere other than North America, it's useless. Right? Another attraction (although I've seen no discussion about this anywhere) is TMO's commitment to UMA (although their implementation in the 9900 is a bit underwhelming...and yet, I've never really confirmed that the 9900 has the required hardware for UMA that my 9700, which did have it, did brilliantly).
    02-18-13 10:20 PM
    You know (and at the risk of starting a CODECs war) choosing Verizon means opting for CDMA. Now, perhaps 4G-LTE will allow voice and data, but for those areas not as yet equipped, won't the phone have the same single-activity limitation that all Verizon phones have? Further, if there's any expectation to take the phone anywhere other than North America, it's useless. Right? Another attraction (although I've seen no discussion about this anywhere) is TMO's commitment to UMA (although their implementation in the 9900 is a bit underwhelming...and yet, I've never really confirmed that the 9900 has the required hardware for UMA that my 9700, which did have it, did brilliantly).
    True the CDMA phone will not do simultaneous voice and data in areas where Verizon LTE is not deployed. Although, I'm sure most Verizon users are already accustomed to such limitations, otherwise it wouldn't be battling it out for #1 in the US. Outside the US, the CDMA Z10 does support international GSM and UMTS bands...enough to be considered an international phone on Verizon. Getting an international LTE phone on the otherhand is still a while to go...not even Apple has figured that one out.
    southlander likes this.
    02-18-13 11:08 PM
    Actually, another phase has been taking place, the deployment of SVDO, or Simultaneous Voice and Data Optimization, which allows newer phones to have voice and data at telhe same time on 3G. I use both quite frequently on my SGS3, and it was one of the primary reasons I made the move in November when I got it a seriously discounted price. So, the old saw of no voice/data is slowly going by the wayside in CDMA land. It would no longer be an issue with with many newer devices, and I expect the new BlackBerrys will support it, but I do know one player that has refused thus far: iPhone. No simultaneous as yet for Apple.
    FantomLightning likes this.
    02-19-13 12:22 AM
    I totally forgot about SVDO had rolled out among Sprint/Verizon phones. Still it's not a required feature by either carrier so not all new phones support it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-19-13 12:34 AM
    I totally forgot about SVDO had rolled out among Sprint/Verizon phones. Still it's not a required feature by either carrier so not all new phones support it.
    It has been a blessing on the SGS3, as my wife and I get into lengthy conversation, and she's always asking me to look something up.
    02-19-13 01:10 AM
    Not to mention that The US carriers have networks that are probably larger than all of those countries combined and were cobbled together over years of acquisitions and mergers...
    Guess what? The largest western cell company in the world is Vodafone.

And the largest network operated guess where? China. Dwarfs it all.

That is why Apple is so desperate going there. And you know where was the first country Apples rules of distribution were rejected by the operators and they soften to even get in officially? Yep, China. The largest market by Apple own estimates.

No matter what we think, there is no good reasons for loosing markets. Or not gaining them. It is for...loosers

Remember Motorola? Yep, shut down the offices and sales around the globe. Concentrate on home US market only. Acquired by Google. No more one of the great cell makers, just a patent depot for Google. Cool.

What blackberry does is right - trying to go to as many markets it can hold as possible. The growth comes from CIS/Far East and Middle East. And that why Apple and Samsung battle for those markets.

Anyway the point is not to mumble in the jungle. The point is there is no freaking benefit in having later lunches and no apps. If it happens it means there are restrictions in terms if resources, behind the scenes moves of competition. It is a rough market and as every other business - no one is waiting for you with smile and free breakfast.

Loving my Z10. Laughing at the apologetic blinded fans.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 02:11 AM
    Someone please get me a lamb kebab, a shot of ouzo, and an Egyptian belly dancer....I need to film it all with my Z10, and post it on youtube.

To h.e.l.l. with apps.........let's all just live life!!!!!!
    jaydee5799 and Masahiro like this.
    02-19-13 02:51 AM
81 1234