I heard about this on the news yesterday, And it was reported that it COULD infect mobile phones too...

Have no Fear...CNN is here! LOL!

Turned out to be a big hoax...
    Here's the article

CNN || No problems so far as April Fools' computer worm awakens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 11:14 AM
    i figured that much...i havent taken most news serious today
    04-01-09 11:15 AM
    Conficker is no hoax.

Microsoft has posted a $250,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of the source.

The BlackBerry connection is real too, the C variant can propagate by USB connected media cards. Sneaky..... and a good example of why most corporations have a "No Unauthorized device access" rule.

04-01-09 11:32 AM
    Agreed, it's not a hoax. It was just never followed thru or IT and companies were able to be protected some people were not protected.

3 people called me today with questions with there personal computers and this is the reason why, They didn't have the protection......
    04-01-09 11:35 AM
    There is a quick and easy way to confirm or rule out the presence of Conficker.

If it is present, this link will fail to open ....

Malicious Software Removal Tool

If the link works, your computer is not infected. If it fails, you are now part of a zombie army of computers.
    04-01-09 11:41 AM

If the link works, your computer is not infected. If it fails, you are now part of a zombie army of computers.
    Also, if you cannot update your anti-virus software or if Automatic Updates
    if turned off when you know it was on, you have some work to do.
    04-01-09 11:46 AM
    Also, if you cannot update your anti-virus software or if Automatic Updates
    if turned off when you know it was on, you have some work to do.
    Eyeballs his nod32 on the PC just in case.......Whew! And the link you posted Reed opened
    Last edited by Tremortality; 04-01-09 at 11:56 AM.
    04-01-09 11:51 AM

Good to know, everybody at work today keeps asking me about the conficker and how do you know if you're infected
    04-01-09 11:55 AM
    Hi guys I just registered can somebody tell me if there is a software that I can download for my 8830 worl edition to open up all my emails and video clips? Thank you
    04-01-09 12:02 PM
    Eyeballs his nod32 on the PC just in case.......Whew! And the link you posted Reed opened
    I wish everyone used that. Best AV software available IMO
    04-01-09 12:16 PM
    Your phone cannot be infected by Conficker. Conficker infects a file that is specific to Windows, which is nowhere to be found in the Blackberry file system.
    04-01-09 12:47 PM
    Your phone cannot be infected by Conficker. Conficker infects a file that is specific to Windows, which is nowhere to be found in the Blackberry file system.
    Correct, no concern about infecting the BlackBerry.

The concern is our BlackBerry media cards are able to spread Conficker.C worm using the USB connection.
    04-01-09 01:39 PM
    Yes, that's possible. But as far as the Blackberry platform being susceptible, not possible. The media card within the phone can carry it, and will spread to computers as soon as they're plugged in via USB.
    04-01-09 02:01 PM
    Thanks for the info everyone, I was wondering what that was all about. It was so hyped up... Brought back memories of Y2K... Good times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD