Got this from the conference call today

"In addition to improvements in the app, App World 2.0 users will also enjoy more functionality in the App World website, enabling them to create an App World account, purchase content from the store and sync content with the BlackBerry smartphone via a site loaded connection."

i am assuming you will plug the phone in, login with blackberry id, and it will load up the software via the web site (kind of like how it currently does on blackberry app zone). which i think is pretty cool, no need for a desktop app! (all they need is a shortcut on the desktop to the web app, or shortcut from desktop manager to the web store! or something along those lines - eitherway, pretty cool!
    06-25-10 12:57 AM
    Nothing innovative though..RIM has been side loading apps through their webloader ActiveX interface forever now. It'll likely be stupid and require you to be running IE.
    06-25-10 01:25 AM
    Nope I'm against using IE. I prefer Firefox or Chrome.
    06-25-10 01:26 AM
    I can't wait for the new app world. Carrier billing alone will make it worth it. And IE is what I prefer anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 11:56 AM
    I hate IE, haven't used it since mozilla, and never will use it again. I prefer chrome or mozilla too.
    06-25-10 12:27 PM
    Perhaps they'll fix the horrendous memory leak associated with current AppWorld....
    06-25-10 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD