So rather than doing another doom and gloom article that hampers more than helps I thought maybe I would try and create a thread that sought to help out.

With BB 10 delayed till at least January, if not later, and the OS 7 phones currently dying in the marketplace I wanted to see if there was anyway we as a community could make them better. One thing we always here is that there is a major shortage of good, quality apps in AppWorld but realistically who really needs a fart app.

My question in this thread is to those of you still owning BB's and those that have left but still participating here what are the important apps needed on our current phones?

Don't want to hear about Skype of Netflix the phones can't handle them.
    06-30-12 10:36 PM
    Me personally I would just like some themes to appear for my phone. The 9850/60 never gets anything!

I also want that Temple Run game even if its the knock off and I want that rollercoaster game to run properly!

In terms of communications I love what my BB does but I would want an app that goes further than the all in one messages folder currently offered that incorporates everything! My BBM's, my emails, my SMS text's, my calendar appointments just one app with a popup option that has everything there so I can click on it and everything for that day is listed.
    06-30-12 10:39 PM
    I would want a cross-platform messaging and chatting tool. Hopefully Viber is able to come out with a future version that includes voice calling...
    06-30-12 10:45 PM
    What exactly is Viber? How does it work?
    06-30-12 10:46 PM
    What exactly is Viber? How does it work?
    It is an app that allows you to make free calls and texts to anyone that has
    the app installed on their device. There are a few apps that do this but Viber
    looks to be a class ahead of them all.

The voice call function is not yet available for BlackBerry

Viber | Free calls, free voip, free phone calls from iPhone and Android
    06-30-12 11:08 PM
    GOOD ports of cross-platform productivity apps that have optional cloud compatibility. A few come to mind: Evernote, D2G and a GDrive port.
    06-30-12 11:09 PM
    It is an app that allows you to make free calls and texts to anyone that has
    the app installed on their device. There are a few apps that do this but Viber
    looks to be a class ahead of them all.

The voice call function is not yet available for BlackBerry

Viber | Free calls, free voip, free phone calls from iPhone and Android
    Very nice! Depending on how development goes I may be able to really cut down my phone bill
    06-30-12 11:17 PM
    Guess I am in the minority..... Really no must have apps on my side of life.... Have all I need... Just lucky i guess.... enjoy what I have am not concerned with what may be....
    06-30-12 11:48 PM
    Uploading to dropbox in the system wide menu

IMO there are a lot of great apps in app world.
    06-30-12 11:55 PM
    Maybe a better calendar one that displays all appointments inside the Month instead of having to click on the particular day to read what is going on for that day. This applies for 9900 though. I know with the Torch, users were able to view their Calendar quicker just by having a shortcut of "M" and bam you're in the Month section. It's not like this with the 9900.

OH and No Truncated Emails!
    07-01-12 01:30 AM
    Uploading to dropbox in the system wide menu

IMO there are a lot of great apps in app world.
    The browser can do that easy any kind of file.
    07-01-12 03:20 AM
    The browser can do that easy any kind of file.

Even easier with FileScout--also for downloading DropBox files to a particular folder.
    07-01-12 04:44 AM
    WeatherBug Elite
    Happy Cow
    07-01-12 06:16 AM
    Even easier with FileScout--also for downloading DropBox files to a particular folder.

I'm talking about a one click upload to dropbox from wherever I am. A picture file, a pdf, text, ...
    07-01-12 07:18 AM
    A really robust weather emergency app.

Sitting here, no power, cut off from family, I would have loved a better weather alert tool. I was not prepared for this hellish weekend.

By the way, BBM has performed admirably. AND I'm getting a signal where my Skyrocket is not.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 07-01-12 at 07:27 AM.
    07-01-12 07:24 AM
    A really robust weather emergency app.

Sitting here, no power, cut off, I would have loved a better weather alert tool. I was not prepared for this hellish weekend.

By the way, BBM has performed admirably. AND I'm getting a signal where my Skyrocket is not.
    This is why I want WeatherBug Elite back. For now, I'm subscribed to HurricaneHub and WeatherBug via Twitter and get alerts that way.

Not as good as a local alert though.
    07-01-12 07:28 AM
    I'm talking about a one click upload to dropbox from wherever I am. A picture file, a pdf, text, ...

I know what you're talking about. FileScout comes close to what you want. Once installed, the "Explore with FileScout" option is added to the system menu when browsing pictures, documents, mp3s, etc. Select it and you're in FileScout with that file in view. From there it's another step in the FS menu to send to DropBox. So, as I say, it comes close to what you want. Two steps instead of one.
    07-01-12 07:37 PM
    teamviewer

Sent from my lagging BlackBerry 9800 waiting for a BB10 with great Hardware
    07-02-12 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD