Hello everyone,

Just a quick question that im hoping can be solved fairly easily.....

I recently got my new curve 8900 and after installing a few apps on it, there are a couple that dont work on EDGE/GPRS and only appear to work if Im connected to wifi.

The main 2 that will not work unless connected to wifi are iStockManager and LogicMail. Logicmail just says 'cannot connect to server' and iStockManager just displays 'loading....' permanently if any information is requested like stock prices or news etc. Other apps such as facebook and googlemaps dont seem to have a problem getting data whether on gprs or wifi.....

Any ideas why this is the case ? I cant imagine the apps are designed without the ability to use GPRS as there are plenty of blackberrys that do not have wifi !

Thanks in advance
    09-01-09 09:37 AM
    You need to have a Blackberry Data Plan specifically on your account, not just a regular data plan. Maybe that is the issue?
    09-01-09 10:44 AM
    I was gonna say the APN settings were off or go into the apps options and make sure its not set to wifi only
    09-01-09 11:35 AM
    Definitely have a BB account and data plan, and the apps are def not set to wifi only. I went into permissions and checked they were allowed to do anything they wanted to.

How do I change APN settings ? I cant find it in the options menu
    09-01-09 11:52 AM
    I looked up APN settings, and I realise they cant be wrong as I can browse the internet on GPRS etc. so that cant be the problem ?? Any ideas ? Im real stumped !!

Thanks
    09-01-09 11:55 AM
    For logicmail make sure the WiFi option is disabled

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 07:57 PM
    I have had the same issues and I figured it was a transfer speed problem. I can't get most streaming type apps to work unless it's using WiFi. BB Scanner is a good example of one that will only work if I'm on WiFi.
    09-02-09 12:42 AM
    Logicmail gives the error 'Unable to reopen connection' when I try to open my inbox when wifi is disabled, but the blackberry has EDGE/GPRS reception.

OstrichSak what do you mean a transfer speed problem ???
    09-02-09 12:16 PM
    Logicmail gives the error 'Unable to reopen connection' when I try to open my inbox when wifi is disabled, but the blackberry has EDGE/GPRS reception.

OstrichSak what do you mean a transfer speed problem ???
    I'm talking about streaming programs like BB Scanner and radio/music streaming applications. These are speed sensitive and it would make sense that a slower connection wouldn't allow for fast enough transfer rates and would error out.
    09-02-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD