As a new user of BlackBerry, I found OS10 is a good OS.
    However, BlackBerry World looks like need more popular apps in it. In my opinion, people won't switch to BlackBerry 10 since many of them think that BlackBerry doesn't have native apps which are used by many people.
    I think, these are apps that need to be available as native apps on BlackBerry World (some of them available already):
    1. Facebook
    2. Twitter
    3. LinkedIn
    4. Instagram
    5. Path Social Networking
    6. Vine
    7. SnapChat
    8. Pinterest
    9. Flipboard
    10. Third party video player app
    11. Third party music player app
    12. Dictionaries (popular languages)
    13. WhatsApp
    14. Line Messenger
    15. Skype
    16. Microsoft OneNote
    17. Microsoft OneDrive
    18. Podcast App
    19. Banking App
    20. Blogging Apps
    21. Picture Editors
    22. HereDrive+
    23. HereMaps
    24. Third party Browser.
    I JUST wish that for apps in certain categories have at least 5 choices.
    Definitely 10,000 of apps in BlackBerry World is enough. Now it has more, but Nothing I can fond.

What do you guys think?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ezikiah likes this.
    11-30-14 11:59 AM
    Almost all of that list is available natively... some by third parties though

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:03 PM
    Map, banking, voice recorder, blogging, etc. I found them not good enough. I could not find like tumblr, blogger, etc. Even instagram, path, vine, line, have not been available yet natively.
    I forgot to mention that the existence of native apps should be followed with quality of the apps as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:25 PM
    Anyone that was around at the launch of the first BB10 phones knows the lack of apps issue inside and out. Beat to death in a hundred prior lifetimes.

BlackBerry couldn't get the big name apps so they made it so you 'might" be able to use the Android version, unless it requires "Google Play" (Exit a ton of apps).
    The ones that do run, more then likely, will not completely work right or partially. They also tend to drain your battery quickly. So there goes keeping them running.

Yes, I use a Droid weather radar app, the PBS Kids app, Netflix installed when needed then deleted and that's it.

Others may differ on usage but it's not a 100 percent fix.

They will someday have to make a choice.

BlackBerry 10 or Android.

Whichever hands JC the bigger check wins!

BlackBerry hates America!
    11-30-14 12:41 PM
    Map, banking, voice recorder, blogging, etc. I found them not good enough. I could not find like tumblr, blogger, etc. Even instagram, path, vine, line, have not been available yet natively.
    I forgot to mention that the existence of native apps should be followed with quality of the apps as well.

Posted via CB10
    Are you kidding ? If you don't have the patience to search for them don't expect us to do it.
    Almost all of those exist natively and of quality

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:51 PM
    Are you kidding ? If you don't have the patience to search for them don't expect us to do it.
    Almost all of those exist natively and of quality

Posted via CB10
    I know whine is client for vine, igrann is for instagram. I'm talking about like the "real" instagram means instagram.

I already search them on blackberry world. Apparently some apps don't have good quality. For example map apps, nothing better than HereMap which can be used offline. And of course it companion HereDrive+.
    Otherwise, I would not be posting it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:07 PM
    OK then you should contact the developer of those apps, not BlackBerry.

I'm sorry but BlackBerry can't do anything about this except sell phones and hope the developers will come
    11-30-14 02:20 PM
    OK then you should contact the developer of those apps, not BlackBerry.

I'm sorry but BlackBerry can't do anything about this except sell phones and hope the developers will come
    100% , that's it.

? Z10
    11-30-14 05:55 PM
    Even on windows phone store,
    Microsoft is the one who create app like facebook, not the facebook. Some client of some apps, they make them. I don't think it's only the developer things.
    For example, they can do something to put an online app like heremap or heredrive.
    Now blackberry put amazon store with Apk. I'm just thinking that blackberry should improve or ameliorate their own ecosystem. Like iOS.
    Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:14 PM
    Facebook is one of the few big social apps that has public APIs, which allows third-party developers to make an app. If BB and Microsoft had waited for FB to write native FB clients, they'd still be waiting. But FB was too critical to be without, and since the APIs were public, they went ahead and built their own clients.

But that won't work for most services, as the companies keep their APIs private. A few devs have reverse-engineered a few popular ones (Vine and Instagram, for example) and made third-party clients, but in doing so, they are (confirmed in one case) compromising account security by essentially using a "man in the middle" setup to make their app work. Many people avoid third-party clients for this reason.
    12-01-14 10:18 PM
    Hate to break it to the OP, but in all likelihood, BlackBerry will never have any of those apps built by those companies.

I used to be optimistic about the app situation when BlackBerry 10 launched, but now we are all almost two years older and two years wiser, and some of us can see that most big name apps will never come to BlackBerry 10.
    12-01-14 10:23 PM
    I agree that we will probably never see some of the mainstream apps make it to BlackBerry world, but even in the business sector they are using social media not only as advertising methods, but a way for employees and management to communicate.

With BlackBerry focusing much of their resources on the enterprise sector, I think in the near future you will see more development happen as the user base increases. For now we have to live with what we have.

I would like to find the contact information for the eBay app folks, so I could request an update to the app, it make be an Android port, but I find it works better than the one from the Amazon app store.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-02-14 03:40 AM
    I will never be able to understand why BlackBerry is constantly and consistently blamed for something that only developers control. Email the developers of the apps that you're interested in. Plead your case. See your responses.

Creating threads just to say "____ is not available" is not being proactive, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    INFOmuzRON likes this.
    12-02-14 04:55 AM
    I would think though, and I am probably incorrect, but if the sales of BB including passport etc has picked up and it seems that more people are buying these phones and some of them even switching over to this platform that developers would take notice and build a regular app for BB. Just because BB is focusing on the enterprise side, doesn't mean that all of it's clients don't use apps that are wanted and needed for communication.

I don't use a lof of these apps but it is certainly nice when we have choices. And by that, I mean good choices
    12-02-14 05:41 AM
    I couldnt care less if developers made these apps as long as the important ones are built by 3rd Parties and are available natively.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 05:41 AM
    Facebook is one of the few big social apps that has public APIs, which allows third-party developers to make an app. If BB and Microsoft had waited for FB to write native FB clients, they'd still be waiting. But FB was too critical to be without, and since the APIs were public, they went ahead and built their own clients.

But that won't work for most services, as the companies keep their APIs private. A few devs have reverse-engineered a few popular ones (Vine and Instagram, for example) and made third-party clients, but in doing so, they are (confirmed in one case) compromising account security by essentially using a "man in the middle" setup to make their app work. Many people avoid third-party clients for this reason.
    And the Facebook app they built is horrific.
    12-02-14 05:56 AM
    I will never be able to understand why BlackBerry is constantly and consistently blamed for something that only developers control. Email the developers of the apps that you're interested in. Plead your case. See your responses.

Creating threads just to say "____ is not available" is not being proactive, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    IMO, Blackberry should pull string. It's not only developer thing. As a user, we just want the best. What's the point of having phone is to make life easier. BlackBerry cannot ask us "just contact the CEO of Path SN, etc". I'm just saying that BlackBerry 10 OS is a very good OS. I do admit it. Instead of giving more apk via amazon, just give the real app that "real" BlackBerry. App that "works" in BB10, not just "yeah, instagram apk works".

12-02-14 11:34 AM
    IMO, Blackberry should pull string. It's not only developer thing. As a user, we just want the best. What's the point of having phone is to make life easier. BlackBerry cannot ask us "just contact the CEO of Path SN, etc". I'm just saying that BlackBerry 10 OS is a very good OS. I do admit it. Instead of giving more apk via amazon, just give the real app that "real" BlackBerry. App that "works" in BB10, not just "yeah, instagram apk works".

Lol. Pull what "string???"
    Yeah BlackBerry. Send the goons out to force developers to make native apps for their platform. A bloody horse head in the bed should suffice. Ha ha.

I understand your wants and wishes, but BlackBerry has thrown the baby out with the bath water regarding this. There were so many programs for developers. It even came down to paying cash for developers to make native apps. Either by perception or reality, developers don't want to make native apps as a general whole. That's why I appreciate the ones that do.

The same way you are stuck in your stance and sticking to your story, developers have the right to do the same. If they won't develop for the platform, what do you expect anyone here to do except to make requests and show that there will be financial benefits.

But, we need to look within our own ranks as well. So many are so cheap that a native app can't get traction unless they give away thousands of dollars from the start in promo codes. 50-100 is never enough for the latecomers. There are always comments to have thousands offered. That start up loss right there is a deterrent.

I wouldn't even work for McDonald's if I had to work my first month for free!

Just send the developers of the apps you want some request emails. We can't do anything for you here. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 11:49 AM
    Blackberry needs the Common apps like the app for Meijer and Kroger, we have reward cards for both places and these apps really help out shopping and saving money. Apps like these are needed to get people back on board with blackberry.
    Blackberry is supposed to be the business phone, why is there no quick books apps? Why is there no paypal? It's stuff like this that is keeping most people away in my opinion, most business owners and the average Joe doesn't want to have to side load snap just to get apps. And a lot of the common ones don't work because of the Google play services that is missing.
    I love my Blackberrys but I still have days that I think about switching another brand, but so far I have not.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 12:35 PM
    Blackberry is supposed to be the business phone, why is there no quick books apps? Why is there no paypal?
    -sheesh-
    Because the proprietary owners and makers of those apps have not made native applications for BB10!!!!!

BlackBerry has NOOOOO control over which platform they choose to develop for!!!!!

*pulls hair out*

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 12:45 PM
    I also bet if they did make a native app and charged $1.99, someone would say...

It's free on IOS and Android!
    Why not BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 12:47 PM
    I also bet if they did make a native app and charged $1.99, someone would say...

It's free on IOS and Android!
    Why not BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    You are probably correct on that statement, I have always believed in supporting the development world and I have many paid apps in the Apple, Android and BlackBerry platforms.

12-02-14 04:07 PM
    You are probably correct on that statement, I have always believed in supporting the development world and I have many paid apps in the Apple, Android and BlackBerry platforms.

Yep, because apps are cheap and often have functionality that goes way beyond a lot of PC software published in the 95/98 and even XP days, and they're only a dollar or two.

Rarely seeing an app over $10, left alone $20, unless it's a free trial app linked to paid subscription for a business platform.

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-02-14 08:44 PM