Every so often there are complaints that BB10 is a failure because there aren't as many BB10 apps as there are for iOS or Android phones.

I just ran across this article today in which the writer is complaining about the availability of apps on Windows phones. Keep in mind that WP7 was released in late 2010, and WP8 was released in 2012 ... an upgrade of WP7.

Windows Phone Still Chanting, 'Developers, Developers, Developers!'

The deal with Amazon is certainly great for BlackBerry fans, but my point is that apart from that, it just takes time to build a loyal following and at the same time develop a good assortment of native apps. It will come though. The availability of good apps for Windows phones is much improved over the selection a year ago, and the same progress will take place with respect to BB10 apps.
    06-18-14 10:06 AM
    And I just ran across this article about the new Amazon phone:

If Amazon Launches a Phone, It Will Have a Serious App Problem
    06-18-14 10:09 AM
    FWIW, with the 130000 apps of BBW, how many do you really use? Moreover, on iOS, how many apps do you really use of the million on there or whatever it is? I don't even use the couple dozen apps on my Z10 now...I have what I need and that's it.
    pystha likes this.
    06-18-14 11:52 AM
    FWIW, with the 130000 apps of BBW, how many do you really use? Moreover, on iOS, how many apps do you really use of the million on there or whatever it is? I don't even use the couple dozen apps on my Z10 now...I have what I need and that's it.
    not to mention there are like so many apps doing the same thing, e.g. twitter apps
    06-18-14 11:59 AM
    Part of the issue is that the one or two apps always seem to not work on a bb.
    06-18-14 12:06 PM