Hi folks. I was re-reading some really old posts and also from other news sources, and then it hit me:

RIM had been awarded quite a number of patterns (both physical and software patterns) relating to mobile phone technologies. What I'm asking everyone is, has anyone seem to look at the patterns and then see if they're actually implemented in BlackBerry10 devices?

One pattern that pops up to me is the "word suggestion algorithm" that I think is used in BlackBerry's "Slide up" keyboard because everytime you click on a new alphabet, it would suggest a word that falls within the pattern's description, if I read it correctly.

How about other patterns and if its implemented? Have you folks noticed anything?

For example, RIM patented a "tap to unlock" (NOT SLIDE) and in leaked vids that were posted (i mean, BlackBerry 10 devices shouldn't even be leaked, right?) you can peek when you tap, but in order to unlock you still need to slide it up to the bezel. So they patented a form of unlock mechanism, but hasn't really put every aspect of it into use.

So, any thoughts, people?
    10-24-12 10:42 PM
    I presume you're refering to PATENTS, rather than patterns

Si.
    10-24-12 11:15 PM
    my bad, yes. Patents. My apologies. Shall I edit or continue?
    10-24-12 11:32 PM
    one reason i like slide to unlock verse others is its a two step process to unlock. u dont need to worry about it unlocking in ur pocket which I why a tap to unlock is impractical
    10-25-12 12:07 PM