Any way to get the app OTA? I hate having to wait to get home to load appps.
    05-22-08 10:45 AM
    Can I download it OTA? I can't wait till I get home to load the app. Also does it display speed over ground? Would like to see how far off my speedometer is.
    05-22-08 11:12 AM
    This little App works great. Well done Paul. The new Copy function is really useful. Thanks.
    05-22-08 03:36 PM
    OK, that was weird I never got the first version to work. DL'ed the new version and WOOHOO!!

Very nice Paul. Very nice indeed
    05-22-08 09:57 PM
    In Desktop Manager, I'm getting "no applications found for your device" type message. And, yes, I have the OS installed and installed some other applications using it today.
    05-23-08 12:57 AM
    In Desktop Manager, I'm getting "no applications found for your device" type message. And, yes, I have the OS installed and installed some other applications using it today.
    I think this has more to do with Verizon locking down the GPS, than anything you are or are not doing.
    05-23-08 08:17 PM
    I think this has more to do with Verizon locking down the GPS, than anything you are or are not doing.
    I've gotten other gps programs to work with my puck. Oh, well....
    05-24-08 12:51 AM
    Hi Paul, I love the program! I have the original version you posted. Can you please reupload the new version? When I tried downloading the alx file I received an error.
    05-25-08 12:17 PM
    hi all,

I have currently no access to the server and therefore no ability to upload or change the files. My friend and I will be working on Wenesday and Thursday on the server to have web page there which will make the installation much easier (OTA possible then hopefully). Please by patient till then sorry for an inconvenience. If you need the application or really want the newer version please email mail: [email protected].

Paul
    05-25-08 02:48 PM
    Here we go guys all you need is the desktop manager to install the files .

the code file : CrackBerryProject.cod
    the alx file: CrackBerryProject.alx

any problem with the application or any more queries let me know and i ll see what i can do for u guys.

PS: 4x4 geek - i live in the UK so i might be difficult with the beer . But thanks for the offer anyway .

Paul
    I'm trying to download and load on my BB 8310 but it doesn't work. I'm right clicking on links and saving to my dektop. When wanting to add the application on my BB using the BB Desktop Software it only lets me add the .axl file, but when trying to add it gives me an error.

What can I do?

Thanks!
    05-25-08 03:42 PM
    hi hombrepajaro and all,

i have uploaded the files to the forum. (Didn't know you could do that sry).

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by paul.haenel; 05-26-08 at 11:31 AM.
    05-26-08 11:26 AM
    This is wonderful! Thank you!
    05-26-08 05:56 PM
    Hi Paul

I'm wondering how do you make your app to show something. It's giving no results on my BB 8800 (seems you also got one).

How about "refresh GPS" and "No of satelites" functions?

btw. I believe lots of people are looking for this kind of app. Including me
    05-27-08 05:00 PM
    You guys should be using gpsed (gpsed.com) it will show you: Speed, Distance, Compass, Lat, Long, Altitude, Max Speed, Avg Speed.

It will also record your tracks if you want.

Plus... its free too!!

I am using this with a Verizon 8330 and a Holux M-1200 BT GPS Receiver.
    05-27-08 07:21 PM
    hi all,

I have a few request feature so i will try to implement them over the weekend.

1) miles and km/h display of the speed and altitude
    2) poor satellite reception message

Regards
    Paul
    05-30-08 06:28 AM
    there is a program called GPSed (gpsed.com) that shows lat/lon and dir/elev distance etc. you can also upload the data and view it with googlemaps or google earth. AND ITS FREE
    05-30-08 10:37 AM
    Hi all ,

Here is the newer version of the app. Any problems or any comments please email me or post on the forum.

I know there are loads of other application out there for free, but please keep testing and using this application. Also Im writting any application for your specifc needs .

Regards
    Paul
    06-02-08 11:13 AM
    paul, I sent a pm to you but thought I would do it here too, can you change it to read utm or MGRS rather than lat long?
    06-04-08 11:38 AM
    hey JERBEAR1377,

I have to do some research first. I'm not very familiar with MGRS but I'm sure i ll get my head around it and then I'm going to implemented for you.

Like the idea.Any more idea please post up or even comments about the current version.

Regards Paul
    06-05-08 02:29 AM
    Hey all,

The last version I uploaded had a few bugs. All these have been fixed in the newest verion 1.2.1.

Again all comments are welcome (even tho i didn't get any comments for the old one).

Does any want the application to create any output file like kml or gps files?

Are people still using this application?

Regards
    Paul
    06-05-08 06:25 AM
    Just realized that there is a small conversion error between m/s and mph.

The newest version now is 1.2.2. see attachment.

Any problems please email me [email protected]

Paul
    06-11-08 02:44 AM
    Hey paul, i've been using the 1.2.2 and the MPH feature isn't working. is this something that others have had issues with. Evertything else works great!!!!!
    06-11-08 08:41 AM
    hi

what do u mean it isn't working. Does it stay constantly at zero??

I had a complain about it before but i thought i have fixed it works find for walking but i could tested in the car yet.

Any one else has the problem???

Regards
    Paul
    06-12-08 03:40 AM
    Here we go guys all you need is the desktop manager to install the files .

the code file : CrackBerryProject.cod
    the alx file: CrackBerryProject.alx

any problem with the application or any more queries let me know and i ll see what i can do for u guys.

PS: 4x4 geek - i live in the UK so i might be difficult with the beer . But thanks for the offer anyway .

Paul

WOW I can't wait to see this program in action. I know that you wrote this for someone else, but I would like it also. Thanks
    06-12-08 04:33 AM
    This program works awsome. Thank you son much for creating it. I just needed real gsp speed for testing my boat speed. This is perfect and all I need.

Thanks again. curve 8310

john
    06-15-08 08:24 PM
830 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD