Okay, I know application memory on my 9000 is 128mb, and is only used for certain things, and after a battery pull I have about 25mbs and after 2 days I have around 10.

Well, besides memory leaks, what does the application memory consist of? What is taking up the other 103mb of space in the application memory, what goes on in there, does anyone know?
    02-02-10 12:42 AM
    The OS takes up some of that memory. Then applications are taking up the application memory, and you control which one's you have, so you control your memory. Probably some other insignificant things too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 06:27 AM
    OS, system RAM, apps, address book, calendar, tasks, memos, your settings, messages (email SMS MMS IM), call log, etc...the only things that go onto the SDCard are media items for the most part.

02-02-10 07:00 AM
    And themes, too. Extra themes that are not being used and ones that are in use are stored in that memory.
    02-02-10 07:06 AM
    I put my text messages to be saved forever, how much memory do you think that takes up?
    02-05-10 02:55 AM
    I put my text messages to be saved forever, how much memory do you think that takes up?
    Go to options, status, hit menu and click database. It'll show you how much memory your texts are using up.

02-05-10 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD