I have a BB Pearl (8110) running the latest version of the Blackberry AppWorld app. I successfully downloaded, installed and ran the Pandora app (I even successfully archived it). Then I downloaded Yahoo Messenger and attempted to install it. In the My World screen, it shows "installing" for Yahoo Messenger. It just sits there. Stuck. Bummer. There are no options to re-install or delete (the BB menu only provides "Login" as an option, which I try and no avail).

So I try re-booting. No help. Still shows "installing'. So I try downloading another app. This time Iheartradio. It downloads fine ans says "ready to install". So I select "install" from the BB menu. Nothing happens. I try another app. Same thing.

So now I delete AppWorld entirely, re-download and install. Guess what! No change. Yahoo Messenger still says "installing".

Arghhh! Any suggestions?
    08-19-09 07:54 PM
    Take out the battery. Don't turn it off first - just take it out while its powered on. Count to 30...not 10....30! Re-insert battery and try again...
    08-19-09 08:18 PM
    I had that problem with my 8350i. The batt pull didn't work either. Mines was stuck like that for like a month until I reinstalled my os off the desktop manager. That worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 08:30 PM
    Take out the battery. Don't turn it off first - just take it out while its powered on. Count to 30...not 10....30! Re-insert battery and try again...
    Thanks, but I tried that just as you stated and no change. Still shows "installing" for Yahoo Messenger and won't install anything else.
    08-20-09 05:25 PM
    I had that problem with my 8350i. The batt pull didn't work either. Mines was stuck like that for like a month until I reinstalled my os off the desktop manager. That worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'll try the OS reinstall. I need up upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5 anyway. Thanks
    08-20-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD