I am pretty sure the launch of iPhone 5 will increase apple stock price. Basically, making the screen larger, adding a new function here and there.

If Blackberry would to launch its flagship phone, the BB 9900 with a larger screen, add a few software function here and there, the stock price will drop and people will complain it being too simple, no major improvement, same old boring phone etc

But if Apple would to do that, it will be record breaking sales, sold out in less than 1hr!! I am like.. WTF... I don't like this unfair situation although I must say it happens everywhere in this world.

- Charles
    09-15-12 07:37 AM
    How is this unfair?
    Apple markets better than RIM (OK, RIM doesn't market at all). For all the talk about loyal BlackBerry users, the line is a bit longer at Apple. Is it unfair? No. Do you agree with it? No.

BTW - Apple stock has gone up around $20 per share in the past two days, so I guess you are right that it should go up.

Rather than complain about how unfair it is, what suggestions can be made to Research in Motion to try and change this?
    09-15-12 08:13 AM
    can we stop the apple threads already? srsly its getting on my nevers(and I'm sure a lot of other members too)...

stop comparing fruits with meat.
    09-15-12 08:15 AM
    can we stop the apple threads already? srsly its getting on my nevers(and I'm sure a lot of other members too)...

stop comparing fruits with meat.
    I could have sworn that a blackberry was a fruit...
    09-15-12 08:50 AM
    I am pretty sure the launch of iPhone 5 will increase apple stock price. Basically, making the screen larger, adding a new function here and there.

If Blackberry would to launch its flagship phone, the BB 9900 with a larger screen, add a few software function here and there, the stock price will drop and people will complain it being too simple, no major improvement, same old boring phone etc

But if Apple would to do that, it will be record breaking sales, sold out in less than 1hr!! I am like.. WTF... I don't like this unfair situation although I must say it happens everywhere in this world.

- Charles
    it would still be running os 7.1 right? Still limited on the application ad function side compared to the other phones out there right? That is the answer right there.

Apple is till on top when it comes to features and the software.
    09-15-12 09:26 AM
    So...
    iPhone 5 is real (-__-")
    i think tha just a whole new HOAX from Youtube XD

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    09-15-12 10:29 AM

- Charles
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-15-12 10:44 AM
    Actually, its not asking why it is that way. Its just the market sentiment over Blackberry and iPhone.

If iPhone would to release a phone with a bit of improvement, everyone would applause. If Blackberry would to release a phone with the same bit of improvement, people will hate it.

What can RIM do? I don't know truthfully on how to better at what they are doing. I think they are on the right path getting developers support before the launch of the phone. Obviously, I want something good to happen for RIM on their BB10 and it looks promising after using the Playbook.

- Charles
    09-15-12 10:21 PM
    honestly, blackberry/RIM remind me of the local bar i goto. for years, the bar was considered to be nothing special, food was mediocre at best, and the owner NEVER buys back a drink. started losing customers to other local bars that advertised more, renovated their places, kept up with current trends and specials in order to entice customers to come to their places. so now the bar is trying "new" things, new specials and attempting to get customers back, but they spent so many years not caring and burning their reputation that now no one really cares. this is what i think of when i think of blackberry. they had it all at some point, but fell behind. people got attracted to other options which proved to be better in most respects, they RIM lost their loyal customers. i think its going to be impossible for them to ever gain their marketshare back, no matter what they do. im saying this from not only a personal level, but also from a financial/business standpoint. they have spend the last few years falling behind, only in the last year to have said "oh know we gotta pick it up" but its too late.

you would think apple and RIM would be in the same boat, being late to the LTE game. but apple knows how to keep the people salivating, regardless of what few or small increments of improvements they make to their device.
    09-16-12 01:37 AM
    honestly, blackberry/RIM remind me of the local bar i goto. for years, the bar was considered to be nothing special, food was mediocre at best, and the owner NEVER buys back a drink. started losing customers to other local bars that advertised more, renovated their places, kept up with current trends and specials in order to entice customers to come to their places. so now the bar is trying "new" things, new specials and attempting to get customers back, but they spent so many years not caring and burning their reputation that now no one really cares. this is what i think of when i think of blackberry. they had it all at some point, but fell behind. people got attracted to other options which proved to be better in most respects, they RIM lost their loyal customers. i think its going to be impossible for them to ever gain their marketshare back, no matter what they do. im saying this from not only a personal level, but also from a financial/business standpoint. they have spend the last few years falling behind, only in the last year to have said "oh know we gotta pick it up" but its too late.

you would think apple and RIM would be in the same boat, being late to the LTE game. but apple knows how to keep the people salivating, regardless of what few or small increments of improvements they make to their device.
    I think the bar owner understands what is at stake, even if some remaining patrons lament about the stupidity of the departed customers.
    09-16-12 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD