01-16-13 02:49 PM
79 ... 234
tools
    So, are you saying the iPhone 5S is going to be another mediocre upgrade?

I'm willing to hold out for the 6...
    Is the sky blue? Seems like Apple is happy with this product roadmap.
    01-16-13 09:22 AM
    Is the sky blue? Seems like Apple is happy with this product roadmap.
    Unless it's iOS 6 maps.
    01-16-13 11:58 AM
    IMO, I think they are close to market saturation with iPhones. Everywhere I go in public, most people have an iPhone. Heck, my 57 year old mother just upgraded to one over an old flip feature phone. When my mom jumps on board with the latest technology, then you know something is mainstream!

Also, the IPhone is old enough that previous generations are now really cheap (4S) or free (4) with a contract and that is drawing people to the iPhones that previously wouldn't because of a steep price. There are others like my mom who had been using their old feature phone, said the iPhone was too expensive, and umped on board now that they can get the iPhone 4 for free.

If the iPhone 5 had been their first new phone in 2+ years, then they would have sold more but they are pretty much pumping out a new phone ever year and that is diluting their sales.
    01-16-13 12:49 PM
    IMO, I think they are close to market saturation with iPhones. Everywhere I go in public, most people have an iPhone. Heck, my 57 year old mother just upgraded to one over an old flip feature phone. When my mom jumps on board with the latest technology, then you know something is mainstream!

Also, the IPhone is old enough that previous generations are now really cheap (4S) or free (4) with a contract and that is drawing people to the iPhones that previously wouldn't because of a steep price. There are others like my mom who had been using their old feature phone, said the iPhone was too expensive, and umped on board now that they can get the iPhone 4 for free.

If the iPhone 5 had been their first new phone in 2+ years, then they would have sold more but they are pretty much pumping out a new phone ever year and that is diluting their sales.
    The iPhone 4 is 3 years old and still $500 without a contract. That's irrelevant to America and The Land of the Three Year Contracts, but for the rest of the world it's insane!
    01-16-13 02:49 PM
79 ... 234