I admit that the statement in the Topic Title is totally not supported by the text at this link.

Apple cuts orders for iPhone 5 parts on weak demand: Nikkei - Yahoo! News

But I've learned from reading anti-RIM articles over the last few months that it's "OK" to reference information and then just write a headline that gets people to click even though the content of the article doesn't support the topic title at all.

Engadget, I have proven I have all the skills to write for you, why won't you return my calls?

Also, I made you look. to all you tools that write provocative subject lines then can't back it up with the content of your post, how do YOU like it?
    01-14-13 09:17 AM
    It is horse****e. The vast majority of people don't even know BB10 is coming.

Edit - oh, looks like you were on a fishing expedition and I've been hooked. Bah
    tHe.iR1sH, schmeat, Barljo and 3 others like this.
    01-14-13 09:25 AM
    01-14-13 09:27 AM
    Pahhhhahaha....too funny dude....I agree....of course, I ALSO agree that few of my friends even know....they are JUST NOW saying, "Wait....Blackberry is still around? AND it's BACK? Nawwww"
    01-14-13 09:32 AM
    BB10 is generally defined as a belief system concerning the re-designed, re-engineered and re-Invented, values, institutions and rituals associated with such BB10. Some BB10 also have a moral code. The evolution and the history of the first BB10 have recently become areas of active scientific investigation. However, in the course of its development, BB10 has taken on many forms that vary by culture and individual perspective. Some of the chief questions and issues BB10 are concerned with include Flow after Peak, the origin of BB10, the nature of the universe and it place has and its ultimate fate, and what is moral or immoral of BB10
    01-14-13 09:34 AM
    Well, I don't wanna irritate legit members, but this article wasn't posted yet and I thought I can always edit the topic line ("Go Advanced!") if too many users are 'bothered' by the provocative title... but I did want to make the comment about how "the internet" is full of misleading "articles" based on spurious conclusions based on flawed analysis of poorly-acquired data.

So, maybe Apple just placed orders in line with a "best case scenario" and that didn't happen, but sales are STILL strong and just not as super crazy impossibly strong as they projected. This hardly casts a pall on Apple... if anything it shows that the iPhone 4S device is pretty darn good, and people don't really need the faster process or few more pixels on the screen in order to have an excellent user experience with the iPhone 4S. I'd recommend a refurbished iPhone 4S over an iPhone 5 solely because the UX on the 4S is 90% as good for 60% of the price.

Apple's share price drops to just under $500... is it because of this? Seriously? Someone sells shares TODAY because of Apple adjusting their component orders? What does this say about the stock market in general? I think what it says is that the share price is absolutely NOT any kind of indicator of the quality of a company's products, or long term prospects... in fact, on a certain level, it's absolute idiocy.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 01-14-13 at 09:48 AM.
    convenor likes this.
    01-14-13 09:38 AM
    apples stock took an amlost 3% dive this weekend while rimm has jumped 3%
    01-14-13 09:47 AM
    I'm cheering for BlackBerry 10 too, but how about waiting for Apple's results before even claiming Apple's sales on anything RIM competes with are down.

(let alone declaring BB has any impact on said sales)
    01-14-13 09:49 AM
    (just a reminder to read the first post before you comment. I didn't foresee that outcome, but it does expose the need for some to revise their "comment first, read what exactly it is you're commenting on later if at all" approach.)
    01-14-13 09:53 AM
    (just a reminder to read the first post before you comment. I didn't foresee that outcome, but it does expose the need for some to revise their "comment first, read what exactly it is you're commenting on later if at all" approach.)
    Haha - my bad.
    lorax1284 likes this.
    01-14-13 09:55 AM
    shows the influence a 'headline' can make, people sometimes stop reading at that point.
    Barljo likes this.
    01-14-13 10:07 AM
    Just a sidenote... Apple's stock dropped below 500 for a brief period this morning. That's one he!! of a drop from their $700 high a few months ago.
    01-14-13 10:13 AM
    engadget may be reaching too far op. learn to blow all little facts out of proportion and you'll be a dead cert for gizmodo!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    xiaohuaxing and convenor like this.
    01-14-13 10:17 AM
    I'd say it is more to do with carriers pushing Android devices over iPhones (that subsidy they have to eat on an iPhone is ridiculous), and Samsung Galaxy sales being so strong right now. However if BB10 does good and starts pulling back people that left, combined with strong Android sales, and the press slowly turning on Apple, then it could definitely slow or even cause losses in iPhone sales.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-14-13 10:17 AM
    Is this part of that anti-Apple conspiracy I've been hearing so much about? :-)
    01-14-13 10:19 AM
    Don't blame the tech blogs, blame the stock analysts who demand 100% year on year shipments growth, and slash their price estimates if their ridiculous targets are not reached. Apple cannot realistically grow at the pace they have over the past decade because no one company is capable of churning out hit products forever. Once this hysteria passes, the stock price will stabilize. You are dramatically overestimating the impact of blogs on device sales performance.
    01-14-13 10:22 AM
    Another of the top BB Bashers, ZDNet, is also cautiously changing its tune:

BlackBerry 10: The underdog is coming after Windows Phone | ZDNet
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 10:22 AM
    Ricocan, sometimes people read the headline and the article and still get it all wrong.
    416to604 likes this.
    01-14-13 10:23 AM
    Ricocan, sometimes people read the headline and the article and still get it all wrong.
    the infamous 1 billion budget for the bb10 launch springs to mind here

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-14-13 10:46 AM
    BB10 is generally defined as a belief system concerning the re-designed, re-engineered and re-Invented, values, institutions and rituals associated with such BB10. Some BB10 also have a moral code. The evolution and the history of the first BB10 have recently become areas of active scientific investigation. However, in the course of its development, BB10 has taken on many forms that vary by culture and individual perspective. Some of the chief questions and issues BB10 are concerned with include Flow after Peak, the origin of BB10, the nature of the universe and it place has and its ultimate fate, and what is moral or immoral of BB10
    BB10 = Kwisatz Haderach? The OS that can be many places at once. BB10 must flow! He who controls BB10 controls the universe!
    01-14-13 11:33 AM
    o m g

this is today's "must subscribe to" thread.....
    01-14-13 11:41 AM
    I have a lot of friends and patients that switched off of iphone due to the same thing released over and over again. I think the iphone 5 was a bit of a disappointment to a lot of people. They bought SIII and notes, blackberry had nothing to do with it. I was on an apple forum and people were talking about other phones they are going to (WP, SIII, and the Note mainly) and I read a lot of "I'm sticking with my good old iphone." Now where have I heard that before?
    Tilman Mueller and 00stryder like this.
    01-14-13 02:36 PM
    Its funny how RIM starts dumping money or projecting money spent in advertising and all the sudden they start getting good press from people who sell advertising. Hmmmm....
    Jake Storm and lorax1284 like this.
    01-14-13 02:40 PM

I actually have to say that ZDNet has been more supportive than most.

Among the worst offenders have been Gizmodo and BGR (or at least Geller himself at BGR). One that I've found puzzling in the extreme has been John Paczkowski at AllThingsD, who has consistently assumed the very worst interpretation he could arrive at in his commentary on RIM in the past 18 months.
    01-14-13 02:51 PM

how the **** is ZDNet calling Blackberry the underdog???????????? RIM is in third place. Microsoft is behind. Sentiment suddenly becomes market share and sales figures??????????????????????
    01-14-13 02:56 PM
79 123 ...