Hey everyone I just came across this article on the internet ... looks like even crappy apple is having issues with faulty phones. The moral of this post is for all those people complaining about BB and BB haters out there as a company dropping the ball on some Z10 phones that apparently have some issues with hardware. Even all mighty crappy apple has issues and the reality of the matter is it doesn't matter if the product is new, even older products has production issues. The only way Blackberry can address the issues properly and to make BB10 even better for you is to actually post the real re-occurring issues in a forum. It would be awesome to see CB start a forum with Real re-occurring issues that monitor the posts and actually keep the real issues at hand vs everyone cutting each other up or better yet.. actually start a survey kinda deal where people can actually vote on the issue they are having. Every time a new issue comes to play it can be added to the survey that way BB can see the real issues at hand and actually help us out as a community.

Here is the link to the story. Keep in mind many versions are floating around the net already but here is the link.

Report Claims Apple Returned 8 Million Faulty and Malfunctioning iPhone 5 Units, Factory Denies | Pocketnow

PS: if you want CB to start an actual survey poll for us then please put that in your comment so someone will take notice and or a forum mod. can help us get the ball rolling on this...
    04-21-13 12:18 PM
    You're right about the pointless complaining. I've complained about the whining myself, but I guess it's just human nature to be a smartass. There's a guy here with a post for Z10 issues that he says he updates daily, you should check it out, it's called Z10 bug list.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    04-21-13 12:35 PM
    You're right about the pointless complaining. I've complained about the whining myself, but I guess it's just human nature to be a smartass. There's a guy here with a post for Z10 issues that he says he updates daily, you should check it out, it's called Z10 bug list.

Hey thanks for the reply. I do know there is a list.. it would just be really cool if CB would actually start a poll where people could actually vote or select the issue from maybe 10 different issues where they could add from it.. these forums get out of hand with stupid ******** people commenting on issues that are not really issues. I read a complaint a few weeks ago about someone who was pissed because he had to go into settings menu to put his phone on silent when all he had to do was swipe down from the top and do it. If there was a voting system set up it would be easier to get to the issues and then someone from CB could say to BB hey check out the issues our forum members are having. We all know that BB does come on these forums to see what people are saying because there is only a handful of well respected sites like this.
    04-21-13 12:40 PM
    The operative world in the title is "Report claims".... Interesting when the "claims" is used for a BB product many are up in arms.... If it is an Apple "claim" it seems legit to post it..... quite the double standard.... PS.... I am a dyed in the wool BB.... still have and use my two original Playbooks I bought on the first day..... Just think you need to be fair even if the other person is not....
    04-21-13 01:25 PM
    That is a good idea. The Z10 comes with tons of videos and help articles, and I've seen a good amount of complaints that are actually explained in the demos.

04-21-13 01:33 PM
    It sounds like even in the article the writer is saying to use a fair dose of skepticism. However - it is true that even iphone's have problems. Even on their 6 or 7 iteration they still have phones that brick themselves, shut down, reboot, etc. There isn't a phone maker out there that doesn't.
    04-21-13 07:08 PM
    8 million out of how many million sold?

Any percentages of total sales this is?

Tim
    JeepBB, jegs2 and sparkaction like this.
    04-21-13 07:27 PM
    8 million out of how many million sold?

Any percentages of total sales this is?

Tim
    We needed to know what is the company's normal return rate before we can judge that there is a quality issue. We don't want to be have like that a-hole analyst claiming Z10 returns are exceeding sales.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    04-21-13 07:38 PM
    BlackBerry could only dream of having to allegedly return 8 million devices.
    aniym, trsbbs and nickthebold like this.
    04-21-13 10:16 PM
    I returned 2 faulty I5's (forward facing camera shutter wouldn't open and spontaneous on and off) The 3rd and last one I returned was because the battery life was absolutely unacceptable and the fact that it wasn't as good as my buddies I4S. I went back to my 9810 until the Z10 came out. Loving my Z10.

So I account for 3 I5 returns...lol

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:19 AM
    Hey everyone I just came across this article on the internet ... looks like even crappy apple is having issues with faulty phones. The moral of this post is for all those people complaining about BB and BB haters out there as a company dropping the ball on some Z10 phones that apparently have some issues with hardware. Even all mighty crappy apple has issues and the reality of the matter is it doesn't matter if the product is new, even older products has production issues. The only way Blackberry can address the issues properly and to make BB10 even better for you is to actually post the real re-occurring issues in a forum. It would be awesome to see CB start a forum with Real re-occurring issues that monitor the posts and actually keep the real issues at hand vs everyone cutting each other up or better yet.. actually start a survey kinda deal where people can actually vote on the issue they are having. Every time a new issue comes to play it can be added to the survey that way BB can see the real issues at hand and actually help us out as a community.

Here is the link to the story. Keep in mind many versions are floating around the net already but here is the link.

Report Claims Apple Returned 8 Million Faulty and Malfunctioning iPhone 5 Units, Factory Denies | Pocketnow

PS: if you want CB to start an actual survey poll for us then please put that in your comment so someone will take notice and or a forum mod. can help us get the ball rolling on this...
    I can't take anyone seriously who puts the word "Crappy" in front of another companies name. It's not crappy apple, it's just apple. If they were crappy they wouldn't be where they are now.

Yours truly, a Z10 user.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007, jegs2, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    04-22-13 05:06 AM
    https://t.co/XdlCtlUSIp

Here's another source.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:57 AM
    Can someone edit the link to the real story, you know, the one titled
    "Report Claims Crappy Apple Returned 8 Million Faulty and Malfunctioning iPhone 5 Units, Factory Denies | Pocketnow"
    04-22-13 07:00 AM
    Apple sends phones back to Foxconn | TG Daily

Here's another source.

Posted via CB10
    That link refers to the same source as the link offered by the OP (a report in a Chinese trade journal), so it would be disingenuous to call it an "additional" source.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    04-22-13 07:14 AM
    I like the way this thread sounds

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:18 AM

Whoa, this is some absurd fanboy spin on this story. OP is trying to make a case that malfunctioning phones are OK because Apple has them too. This is a false equivalency.

The article talks about Apple rejecting phones from the manufacturer, before they get to the consumer. This report actually reflects very well on Apple's quality control. In Blackberry's case, the phones already are in the customer's hands.
    pillswoj, sentimentGX4 and JeepBB like this.
    04-22-13 12:12 PM
    Whoa, this is some absurd fanboy spin on this story. OP is trying to make a case that malfunctioning phones are OK because Apple has them too. This is a false equivalency.

The article talks about Apple rejecting phones from the manufacturer, before they get to the consumer. This report actually reflects very well on Apple's quality control. In Blackberry's case, the phones already are in the customer's hands.
    Just leave it alone. Seriously. As I have said often, let's all be grateful that BBRY does no reason this way. Things have indeed changed since a CEO once told folks device bugs are the new normal.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    04-22-13 12:15 PM
    Apple > blackberry.

For many reasons.
    04-22-13 02:12 PM
    The article I read yesterday suggested Apple could ask for a fee from Foxconn that would be 3/4 of their yearly profit. If that were true it may cause these third world slave companies to think twice before dealing with US corps. The Chinese companies could care less about workers or safety, but they do care about profit.
    04-22-13 04:51 PM
    Apple > blackberry.

For many reasons.
    Wow... those are some compelling reasons you listed there......
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-22-13 05:00 PM
    Obviously they were just holding it wrong...
    04-22-13 05:17 PM
    I can't take anyone seriously who puts the word "Crappy" in front of another companies name. It's not crappy apple, it's just apple. If they were crappy they wouldn't be where they are now.

Yours truly, a Z10 user.

Posted via CB10
    Good thing you don't have "Canadian Tire" stores down under. LoL Up here lovingly known as "Crappy Tire".
    04-22-13 05:25 PM
    Apple > blackberry.

For many reasons.
    Did that make you . . . . . iGasim?
    jegs2, TheScionicMan and kbz1960 like this.
    04-22-13 05:26 PM
    The Chinese companies could care less about workers or safety, but they do care about profit.
    And that separates them from other corps exactly how?
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    04-22-13 06:20 PM
    If that number of 8 million was accurate that would be huge. That's almost 1in 6 or nearly %20 of their total ip5 numbers for a single quarter.
    Then again people love to throw numbers around.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:16 PM
37 12