They got the Mini ipad, the ipad...and now the new 128gb maxipad !

hehehe shame on me..
    And soon Apple will release the 1 TB SuperFlowiPad.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-29-13 05:34 PM
    It is probably the BEST way that Apple has to **** off its costumers again... the same Apple fans who were happy to spend a LOT of money on the latest and greatest iPad just to find out after few days/weeks that it is already surpassed by the 128Gb model... Consumers are going to open their eyes sooner or later.. (I hope!!)
    You mean "iHope".
    01-29-13 05:35 PM
    Flash may have stopped adding support for mobile devices, sure, but it doesn't mean RIM has to. To provide the full internet experience, until such time as HTML5 is predominant, they will provide their own updates as they are a licensee of the flash source code. And, as you conceeded, it is widely used on desktops.... why then, should my mobile browsing experience be left short of that on my desktop? The point of this, is that if Apple is trying to say that their iPad is a replacement to the desktop/laptop, then they have fallen short on what the experience of that medium provides.
    Flash is a proprietary product of Adobe. It filled a void of creating very low memory video files (under 100K). With today's processors, faster internet service and more efficient video compression, the low res files of Flash is simply as outdated as DOS. Flash is not even made touch screen compatible (requires a mouse rollover) plus it's also a portal for viruses. Developers that want their website to reach desktop and mobile devices will not use Flash.

By saying that Flash is part of "the full web experience" may have been true three years ago, but it's not today.
    01-29-13 06:18 PM
    Flash is still used by 20.7% of all websites (source). I'd say one-fifth of the web is a pretty substantial part of "the full web experience". Yes, as you can see by the historical trend, Flash is on its decline, but it's still too early to exclude it altogether.
    01-29-13 06:25 PM
    Flash is a proprietary product of Adobe. It filled a void of creating very low memory video files (under 100K). With today's processors, faster internet service and more efficient video compression, the low res files of Flash is simply as outdated as DOS. Flash is not even made touch screen compatible (requires a mouse rollover) plus it's also a portal for viruses. Developers that want their website to reach desktop and mobile devices will not use Flash.

By saying that Flash is part of "the full web experience" may have been true three years ago, but it's not today.
    I appreciate what you're trying to say, but it doesn't explain why my mum, who has an ipad, is always borrowing my dad's playbook to watch videos. Today, not three years ago. Until such time as it's not in use at all, I think that having support for it is probably a benefit.
    cjcampbell and web99 like this.
    01-29-13 06:27 PM
    is it just me or does it seem like apple did this to uncut the bb10 launch? Apparently also going to be available in stores as of feb 5th. Now we will have those people "yes i'm here for the new bb10" salesperson: Sure, but do you know we also got the new ipad 128gb as of today?" customer: "omg! A new ipad??? Gimmee!"

damnit apple, i hate you more and more everyday.

Article pasted so you don't have to click the link:

Apple added a new member to its ipad line on tuesday, offering a 9.7-inch retina ipad with 128 gigabytes of storage -- doubling the tablet's previous max capacity.
    Everything else about apple's tablet is the same, including the dual-core a6x processor, 2 gigabtyes of ram, and 10 hours of battery life.

To account for the added storage space, the 128 gb wi-fi model will now cost $799, while the lte model will cost $929.
    To offer some differentiation from its other ipads -- which start at $329 for the ipad mini -- apple is targeting the new model primarily at professional users, including those in the architectural and medical fields who handle large files. Gamers, movie fans and avid magazine readers are also likely to appreciate the extra storage space.
    The abrupt release marks a shift in how apple (aapl, fortune 500) is updating the ipad. Instead of rolling out new ipads once a year or so, as it does with iphones and ipods, apple is now treating the ipad more like its mac line, releasing incremental updates to existing models. (tech blogs began publishing leaked reports about the new ipad two days ago.)
    in late 2012, apple released a fourth-gen ipad with new processor a mere six months after the release of the third-generation retina ipad. Much like in this most recent update, all other specs remained the same.
    Apple has not explicitly announced this strategy shift, so it's an open question whether or not we'll see a more significant ipad update this year.
    The 128 gb ipad will be available starting on tuesday, february 5.
    source:Apple releases new iPad with 128 GB of storage - Jan. 29, 2013
    who cares more space but same old boring oldest os out there!!!!!!!
    01-29-13 06:38 PM
    I appreciate what you're trying to say, but it doesn't explain why my mum, who has an ipad, is always borrowing my dad's playbook to watch videos. Today, not three years ago. Until such time as it's not in use at all, I think that having support for it is probably a benefit.
    Oh, he'll be back to tell you there is an app for that and hopefully will provide a link for your mum. I say why should I litter my device with apps that only do one function when what I have can do it without.
    01-29-13 06:42 PM
    And my wife can view Flash websites on her iPad, using a third-party web browser. It was useful for watching ESPN3. True to the warnings by Jobs and company though, it is clunky and glitchy on the iPad - and my wife's version is the newest generation.
    Yep. And Java sucks on Macs compared to other platforms. I see a pattern here.
    01-29-13 06:49 PM
    That may be the case but we all know how sales people work, especially if it's something 'new' from their favourite fruit.
    Honestly I'm not sure how a 128gb iPad is going to cause a salesperson to talk someone who's specifically going in to buy a BB10 phone. If it was a new iPhone on the other hand, then yes, I can potentially see that happening..
    01-29-13 07:47 PM
    Just so I get this straight in my head....

Someone goes into a shop to buy a phone, and you think the sales rep is going to flip them to a tablet instead.

I have my doubts that will go so well for the sales rep.

Si.
    Uh...yes...not to mention that the ridiculous price is....well not much more than certain phones! LOL. Of course....if Apple had announced that pad 1 week or 2 weeks ago.....or up to 2 weeks after...we'd get the same "undermining!!!" cries here. Silly thread.

Of course, a memory bump isn't a big deal...if Apple really wanted to undermine the launch all they'd have to do is secretly release pics of an iphone 6 protoype...(real or fake)...or an Apple TV prototype (real or fake)...or...(insert anything big here!); but again...never let common sense get in the way of histrionics!
    01-29-13 09:51 PM
    Yep. And Java sucks on Macs compared to other platforms. I see a pattern here.
    Truthfully, Java sucks on any operating system and is a virus attack vector (vAv).
    01-29-13 09:54 PM
    Seeing how all they did was add more storage I do not feel like this will have any impact on bb10. Now if they were to release a revamped version of the ipad with more storage that may have affected it a little but even then, I think more would be interested to see a brand new OS over just a new product running the same old IOS.
    01-29-13 10:05 PM
    01-29-13 10:29 PM
    I think Steve Jobs created a rift in the fabric of the universe while attempting to cross back from the "other side".
    you mean like peter bishop?
    Apple releases iPad 128GB the day before BB10 Launch??-3onjjg.jpg
    01-29-13 10:39 PM

I would retort, but it seems that both LazyEvul and emstardeluxe have done a good job. I won't deny it's on the decline, but you cannot say it's not still relevant. I have watched no less than 5 videos today from news sites that were flash. Had I been on an iProduct, I'd have had to drop my sh!t and moved to my computer. That, to me my friend, show's that it is, indeed, part of the "full web experience". And by the way, I have a PlayBook, which is ALL touch, and guess what, I can interact just fine so you comment that it isn't touch screen compatible and needs a mouse is, well, outdated as you seem to think flash is. Thank you and have a nice day.

EDIT - Sorry... guess I did retort after all.....
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 01-30-13 at 12:32 AM.
    web99 and imz like this.
    01-29-13 11:51 PM
    LOL. Wrong! Apple launched the 128GB iPad to compete the against the 128GB Microsoft Surface Pro launch ... not to compete against a smartphone.

Is it just me or does it seem like Apple did this to uncut the BB10 Launch? Apparently also going to be available in stores as of Feb 5th. Now we will have those people "Yes I'm here for the new BB10" Salesperson: Sure, but do you know we also got the new iPad 128GB as of today?" Customer: "OMG! a new iPad??? Gimmee!"

Damnit Apple, I hate you more and more everyday.

Article pasted so you don't have to click the link:

Apple added a new member to its iPad line on Tuesday, offering a 9.7-inch Retina iPad with 128 gigabytes of storage -- doubling the tablet's previous max capacity.
    Everything else about Apple's tablet is the same, including the dual-core A6X processor, 2 gigabtyes of RAM, and 10 hours of battery life.

To account for the added storage space, the 128 GB Wi-Fi model will now cost $799, while the LTE model will cost $929.
    To offer some differentiation from its other iPads -- which start at $329 for the iPad mini -- Apple is targeting the new model primarily at professional users, including those in the architectural and medical fields who handle large files. Gamers, movie fans and avid magazine readers are also likely to appreciate the extra storage space.
    The abrupt release marks a shift in how Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) is updating the iPad. Instead of rolling out new iPads once a year or so, as it does with iPhones and iPods, Apple is now treating the iPad more like its Mac line, releasing incremental updates to existing models. (Tech blogs began publishing leaked reports about the new iPad two days ago.)
    In late 2012, Apple released a fourth-gen iPad with new processor a mere six months after the release of the third-generation Retina iPad. Much like in this most recent update, all other specs remained the same.
    Apple has not explicitly announced this strategy shift, so it's an open question whether or not we'll see a more significant iPad update this year.
    The 128 GB iPad will be available starting on Tuesday, February 5.
    source:Apple releases new iPad with 128 GB of storage - Jan. 29, 2013
    01-30-13 12:02 AM
    Just throwing this out there...how do we know they will release it a day before BB10 Launch?? BB10 Launch is today...soooo the iPad was released yesterday?? lol Also we do not know if BB10 phones will be shipped Feb 5th, so we really don't know that Apple is releasing the iPad a day before the BB10 Shipping Date. For all we know we can buy the phones tomorrow, and the iPad will be 5 days behind BB10!
    01-30-13 12:07 AM
    well,apple right now is desperately in need of market boosters so they could reclaim their number 1 spot from ExxonMobil as the most expensive company, but I don't think this move is the right one cuz the talk on people's lips right nw is bb10. so beat that apple!!!
    01-30-13 02:49 AM
    I am having apple pancakes topped with blackberry syrup for breakfast.
    dphjeff likes this.
    01-30-13 04:19 AM
    It takes a special form of dementia to link the minor 128gb upgrade of the iPad to RIM's press event today and a plan by Apple to truncate BB10 buzz.
    BB10's release was supposed to mark a turning point for Crackberry forums. I hope this kind of inane topic doesn't happen often going forward.
    01-30-13 05:42 AM
    The world's oldest OS combined with new overpriced hardware that appeals to a vanishing small audience. These are desperate times for Apple. Can't wait for the iPhone6, that new NFC chip that everyone else has had for 2 years should price that puppy near 1K. Good luck with that.
    01-30-13 06:38 AM
    Not that I have anything against other platforms, I just like BlackBerry better and want them to do well. I understand the move by Apple, its called "business sense".......it make sense to put a distraction in the minds of consumers when there might be more competition from other platforms.
    01-30-13 06:52 AM
    Is there supposed to be a full moon or what ???

21 more minutes people, stay focused.

This was just a move to jack up the average selling price, without raising the selling price. It was not an event, just a notice that "Hey, we upped the available storage on the iPad." Most people won't need it, but some will, so it was a smart, long overdue move on their part.
    01-30-13 08:37 AM
    Just another incremental and pointless release by Apple which will appeal to the iLemming crowd and the frothing Apple zealots that are still drinking Jobs-flavored Kool-aid.
    dphjeff likes this.
    01-30-13 08:48 AM
    Just another incremental and pointless release by Apple which will appeal to the iLemming crowd and the frothing Apple zealots that are still drinking Jobs-flavored Kool-aid.
    If only you knew how airheaded this post makes you seem.
    There are folks that model is targeted to...and they aren't complaining.
    01-30-13 04:29 PM
100 ... 234