Is it just me or does it seem like Apple did this to uncut the BB10 Launch? Apparently also going to be available in stores as of Feb 5th. Now we will have those people "Yes I'm here for the new BB10" Salesperson: Sure, but do you know we also got the new iPad 128GB as of today?" Customer: "OMG! a new iPad??? Gimmee!"

Damnit Apple, I hate you more and more everyday.

Article pasted so you don't have to click the link:

Apple added a new member to its iPad line on Tuesday, offering a 9.7-inch Retina iPad with 128 gigabytes of storage -- doubling the tablet's previous max capacity.
    Everything else about Apple's tablet is the same, including the dual-core A6X processor, 2 gigabtyes of RAM, and 10 hours of battery life.

To account for the added storage space, the 128 GB Wi-Fi model will now cost $799, while the LTE model will cost $929.
    To offer some differentiation from its other iPads -- which start at $329 for the iPad mini -- Apple is targeting the new model primarily at professional users, including those in the architectural and medical fields who handle large files. Gamers, movie fans and avid magazine readers are also likely to appreciate the extra storage space.
    The abrupt release marks a shift in how Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) is updating the iPad. Instead of rolling out new iPads once a year or so, as it does with iPhones and iPods, Apple is now treating the iPad more like its Mac line, releasing incremental updates to existing models. (Tech blogs began publishing leaked reports about the new iPad two days ago.)
    In late 2012, Apple released a fourth-gen iPad with new processor a mere six months after the release of the third-generation Retina iPad. Much like in this most recent update, all other specs remained the same.
    Apple has not explicitly announced this strategy shift, so it's an open question whether or not we'll see a more significant iPad update this year.
    The 128 GB iPad will be available starting on Tuesday, February 5.
    source:http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/29/tech...128/index.html
    Last edited by spyeagle; 01-29-13 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Take the link out, put it back in.... Someone make up my mind! lol
    01-29-13 10:03 AM
    Who cares....who wants to spend that kind of money? Some people I am sure but not me.
    01-29-13 10:05 AM
    Is it just me or does it seem like Apple did this to uncut the BB10 Launch? Apparently also going to be available in stores as of Feb 5th. Now we will have those people "Yes I'm here for the new BB10" Salesperson: Sure, but do you know we also got the new iPad 128GB as of today?" Customer: "OMG! a new iPad??? Gimmee!"

Damnit Apple, I hate you more and more everyday.
    Could you please kill that link ?
    01-29-13 10:05 AM
    Seems like Canadian retail outlets no longer have PlayBooks in stock... Even for online order... Maybe something RIMnewPIRE is coming...
    Geeoff likes this.
    01-29-13 10:09 AM
    Just an on board storage increase. Not a big deal. Not like Apple's launching a whole new platform or something
    kbz1960, bbmtna, howarmat and 8 others like this.
    01-29-13 10:12 AM
    Who cares....who wants to spend that kind of money? Some people I am sure but not me.
    I saw a blurb about it then looked at the price and laughed. Over 900 for it....as if...
    01-29-13 10:13 AM
    Could you please kill that link ?
    Better?
    01-29-13 10:14 AM
    Just an on board storage increase. Not a big deal. Not like Apple's launching a whole new platform or something
    That may be the case but we all know how sales people work, especially if it's something 'new' from their favourite fruit.
    Bobert_123 and carlyincanada like this.
    01-29-13 10:15 AM
    I doubt added storage is going to have any impact on the potential sales of BB10 any more than the existing Apple product line up already does. It's not like it's a new product offering altogether.
    Geeoff, jegs2, donmateo and 2 others like this.
    01-29-13 10:18 AM
    Apple being over greedy as usual who is going to drop $900 for it when they will just screw their customers by the middle of the year with yet another iPad release. People are not buying the iphone5 like apple thought because it's not that much better of a phone besides LTE and a bigger screen if that matters. Most 4s users couldn't care less about the 5. That took apple an entire what, 10 min to swap the memory out to make another "new ipad" with the same boring parts.

Yawn, wake me up when they actually innovate again! Targeting such a high end market won't matter for the BB10 launch.. The majority of people won't buy it. People will scoop up a subsidized BB10 phone any day of the week.
    01-29-13 10:18 AM
    I'm sure apple fans that want more storage will snatch one up. But it's still the same old thing with more storage. Meh, too expensive too.
    01-29-13 10:19 AM
    msg to Apple from RIM:

You.
    Can't.
    Bring.
    Me.
    Down!

go RIM!
    01-29-13 10:19 AM
    I highly doubt that people are going to running to their nearest store and put out that kind of money for the same device they just bought not too long ago to only have more space and don't forget...a second device which they bought not too long ago.
    01-29-13 10:25 AM
    I dont care about Apple and not an Apple fans.. they will slowly down..
    01-29-13 10:31 AM
    Looks like Apple is taking a page out of RIM'S old "playbook" (pun intended).

There is only one quote in the technology industry no matter what the product or technology is, "innovative or die". RIM started it, forgotten it and now remembered it.
    carlyincanada and Shadowyugi like this.
    01-29-13 10:38 AM
    No worries. Z10's 16GB of internal storage + a 128GB microSD card = More than 128GB. Problem Apple?
    01-29-13 10:41 AM
    To the OP, just because a company is competing with RIM doesn't mean you have to hate them soo much. That's the way life goes my friend, so grow up and deal with it.
    jegs2, schmeat, nquyen and 1 others like this.
    01-29-13 10:51 AM
    People don't like being limited whey they know the technology is avilable to do something.

One of RIM's problems was that BB's could not access the internet very quickly, so they lost out to devices that could.

Many Apple users are getting tired of having to pay a premium for storage on an iPhone or an iPad, when SD cards have gotten so cheap. Pricing is becoming a major problem for Apple as well as "other" limits that they imposes on users. I know a lot had to do with licensing and copyright protection, but if Android as a platform can get around it ....
    01-29-13 10:54 AM
    To the OP, just because a company is competing with RIM doesn't mean you have to hate them soo much. That's the way life goes my friend, so grow up and deal with it.
    Actually it has nothing to do with RIM, have never liked Apple, but that is my personal opinion. I know it works for some people, just not me.
    01-29-13 10:54 AM
    Just so I get this straight in my head....

Someone goes into a shop to buy a phone, and you think the sales rep is going to flip them to a tablet instead.

I have my doubts that will go so well for the sales rep.

Si.
    01-29-13 11:01 AM
    What??? Apple just added more internal storage to their already existing model? OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! This is Huge! The Innovation is almost to much, thank God I am sitting down. Apple has done it again and to explain why this is so important here is a great BGR article Apple 128GB iPad analysis: The post-PC era has arrived | BGR . They took an Amazing product and Re-designed, Re-engineered, Re-invented it to such an untouchable level. The stock should be sky rocketing any moment now!!!

Please note the sarcasm...
    carlyincanada likes this.
    01-29-13 11:02 AM
    put the link back in the OP....you can have both but the link needs to be there.
    01-29-13 11:04 AM
    that's actually interesting that everywhere is out of PlayBook stock. Hope there's more to it than it seems.
    01-29-13 11:05 AM
    No worries. Z10's 16GB of internal storage + a 128GB microSD card = More than 128GB. Problem Apple?
    You can't store purchased apps on the memory card for security reasons. This limits the number of apps on your device since apps can only be stored on the device itself.
    blacksea07 likes this.
    01-29-13 11:14 AM
    I only saw the announcement dribble by in a tech news feed... but RIM news is all over and if anything, Apple's announcement got lost in all the talk about RIM.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-29-13 11:17 AM
100 123 ...