Don't know where I read it, but some of the mayor retailers are actively blocking apple pay.

Anyone got some info on that?
    There is a thread or two going on about that here. The retailers who are part of MCX and behind the CurrentC payment system are blocking all NFC transactions (not just Apple Pay and Google Wallet) so that they don't compete with their CurrentC.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-28-14 08:55 AM
    Don't know where I read it, but some of the mayor retailers are actively blocking apple pay.

Anyone got some info on that?
    Do you mean those already on board?
    10-28-14 10:18 AM
    The thread that refuses to die

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:10 PM
    The thread that refuses to die

Posted via CB10
    That's why you need to participate
    :-D

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-29-14 06:38 AM
    That's why you need to participate
    :-D

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    Betterkeepitalive#

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:13 AM
    Not every app out there is right on. I really don't use apps especially when it comes to my finances and having to give my info out. Privacy for me is so important. With all the breeches going on people need to be more careful. Sacrificing private info on apps for convenience is very risky business. Hackers know apple is popular which makes it a bigger target. I switched from android because of all the info it needed to access. BlackBerry may not be the most popular, but it is well known for its dedication to security and for me that is top priority! No cool app is going to change that. BlackBerry does everything I need it to do. I don't want BlackBerry to be just another android phone. Every time I hear people mention phones it's always iphone,android, and BlackBerry. So it's still set apart. I'm sure things will change but done with BlackBerry taste. So I'm excited about that. This is just my thoughts on it and how BlackBerry has helped me feel a little more safer.

Posted from my Q10
    Carrtman likes this.
    10-30-14 06:47 AM
    I used Apple Pay a couple of times yesterday and it definitely is convenient. The credit card swiping terminal at Subway had the the NFC logo so I held my iPhone 6 up to it and it asked me to authenticate the charge with Touch ID so it was just one tap. The guy at the McDonalds drive-thru had to hold the terminal out the window but it's better than handing my credit card over to anyone and everyone. A couple minutes later, the charges show up on the Mint App and I can quickly categorize them for business expense tracking, budgeting purposes, etc.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-30-14 12:02 PM
    You are joking right? NFC payments have been done with Blackberry and Android for a while now in Canada.Apple Pay is late to the game.
    Really!? Paying in Canada at Tim Hortons = over 1 million people signing up for Apple pay in 72 hours.

Apple has made major deals with banks and credit companies. Stop drinking the BlackBerry coolaid and demand more from BB.

Some people on here are like Leaf fans.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor and Eumaeus like this.
    10-30-14 05:54 PM
    Really!? Paying in Canada at Tim Hortons = over 1 million people signing up for Apple pay in 72 hours.

Apple has made major deals with banks and credit companies. Stop drinking the BlackBerry coolaid and demand more from BB.

Posted via CB10
    Link or it didn't happen. Is there even 1 million Iphone 6 and 6plus in Canada? Otherwise, makes no sense.
    10-30-14 06:28 PM
    I always laugh at the marketing speak of "Cost control included in app x" seriously whatever happened to use real money ? Also I wouldn't trust any company when it comes down to my financial data.

As for convenience:
    McD employee: 3 wraps 15 $ please
    customer (me): here are 20 $
    McD employee: here are 5 $ back
    thanks...thanks

that to me is much more convenient and SECURE than pulling out my phone, giving them access to some stuff Idon't want them to track and then wait for them to take out their terminal...
    10-30-14 09:11 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Someone hasn't been paying attention.

23% of Canadians have made a mobile payment ? NFC World+

Almost a quarter of Canadians (23%) have now made a mobile payment in-store with nearly a third (29%) having used their device to make an online purchase, new research from PayPal Canada has found. Nearly half (45%) of the respondents also agreed that Canadians are ready to embrace emerging methods of payments such as conducting a mobile payment via a wearable device.
    All banks in Canada have mobile apps that work with NFC and can buy from more than Tim Horton's.

PayPass Tap & Go | MasterCard Canada
    Banking | Ways to bank | Ways to pay | Mobile Payment
    https://www.cibc.com/ca/features/mobile-payment.html
    RBC Wallet - RBC Royal Bank

Do you want more or will you admit that you have had the iWool pulled over your eyes?
    10-30-14 11:18 PM
    I used Apple Pay a couple of times yesterday and it definitely is convenient. The credit card swiping terminal at Subway had the the NFC logo so I held my iPhone 6 up to it and it asked me to authenticate the charge with Touch ID so it was just one tap. The guy at the McDonalds drive-thru had to hold the terminal out the window but it's better than handing my credit card over to anyone and everyone. A couple minutes later, the charges show up on the Mint App and I can quickly categorize them for business expense tracking, budgeting purposes, etc.
    With EMV chip and pin, your card never leaves your hand and the card isn't a wall hugger device.
    10-30-14 11:20 PM
    With EMV chip and pin, your card never leaves your hand and the card isn't a wall hugger device.
    If you give consumers the choice of using a card or their smartphone there's little doubt which they will choose to use most often. I'll be happy to use both, however, iPhone users are bypassing PINs in favor of Touch ID.
    10-31-14 12:23 AM
    If you give consumers the choice of using a card or their smartphone there's little doubt which they will choose to use most often. I'll be happy to use both, however, iPhone users are bypassing PINs in favor of Touch ID.
    and who is tracking, has acess to that touch ID ? yup Apple I still can't believe people are trusting Apple, Samsung in terms of touchID, finger-scanner and especially NFC payments.
    10-31-14 12:32 AM
    and who is tracking, has acess to that touch ID ? yup Apple I still can't believe people are trusting Apple, Samsung in terms of touchID, finger-scanner and especially NFC payments.
    I don't think you understand anything about TouchID.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by tchocky77; 10-31-14 at 01:13 AM.
    mornhavon, techvisor and Eumaeus like this.
    10-31-14 12:42 AM
    Apple doesn't have access to the pattern in the Touch ID hardware. The OS itself has no access to it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    techvisor and Eumaeus like this.
    10-31-14 01:18 AM
    From the WSJ - The credit card companies have done a lot of research about the acceptance of mobile payments in various countries. They aren't expecting all cards to be replaced by smartphones anytime soon but they are expecting smartphone payments to be pretty normal. Should we expect Blackberry to announce what their mobile payment strategy is going forward?

Apple Pay Moves World Closer to Mobile Payment Acceptance
    The World Is Gradually Adopting Mobile Payments, But Complete Card Replacement ‘Unlikely’, MasterCard Says
    By LAURENCE WITHERINGTON And HENRY WILLIAMS
    Oct. 31, 2014 7:39 a.m. ET
    0 COMMENTS
    Apple Pay’s recent launch in the U.S. is the latest indication that paying for things with our phones will become more normal, but for most, “normal” remains some way away.

MasterCard describes normal as being a score of 60 out of 100 on its “Mobile Readiness” index, and no part of the world has reached that level yet. Singapore leads the way with the score of 45.6.

Apple Pay will hurt BBRY [opinion]-ai-cl814_wmobil_9u_20141031053020.jpg

MasterCard uses the six categories of consumer readiness, environment, financial services, infrastructure, something called “mobile commerce clusters” and regulation to judge how far a place has progressed toward a point where all cards are replaced by cellphones (whereupon a score of 100 would be awarded, a scenario that MasterCard describes as “unlikely.”)

Kenya makes an appearance at fourth in the table, one place behind the U.S. MasterCard notes that 89% of Kenyans are familiar with mobile payments and a third of Kenyan gross domestic product goes through M-Pesa, a mobile-money service owned by Vodafone Group PLC’s Safaricom.

The U.S. is given high marks for “environment,” because household expenditure per capita is three times higher than the average for other places in the index. CurrentC, an Apple Pay rival, is currently being tested in the U.S., but was recently hacked.

The reason Singapore is the top of the table is because 100% of the population is covered by a mobile network and the country’s telecommunication system is strongly regulated. MasterCard also says that Singapore’s legal system is efficient at settling disputes. The city-state also scores well for “mobile commerce clusters,” meaning that there is useful cooperation between banks, mobile networks and the government.

In Hong Kong it’s already normal for people to pay for goods with their Octopus card, primarily used for public transport but also widely accepted in stores and restaurants. Strong financial services and regulation mean the special administrative region is primed for more mobile payments.

Some developed nations don’t rank highly, showing that prosperity isn’t linked to mobile readiness. Italy, for example, is held back by the high cost of banking.
    techvisor and blackmoe like this.
    10-31-14 02:28 PM
    BlackBerry's plan will not be tied to just their OS. If you look at the chart above for readiness Canada is pretty high. If you use NFC with any of the three biggest telecom companies in Canada the transaction goes through BlackBerry's NOC. Look up Enstream for more info.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:54 PM
    Apple Pay will be huge, no doubt, but it won't supplant other payment methods. In fact it's under attack by several US chains using the competitive CurrenC system...that will fail.
    10-31-14 08:02 PM
219 ... 789