As far as I recall, this has been a feature built into BlackBerrys forever. I seem to recall it on my first BlackBerry, an 8703e back in 2007.

Think it was just recently added to IOS9 ... not sure if Android has it or not.
    Apple password feature-apple-not-true.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 12:19 PM
    Well, it does say "Of the three main phone operating systems..." so that excludes BlackBerry.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-19-16 12:22 PM
    Well, it does say "Of the three main phone operating systems..." so that excludes BlackBerry.
    Yeah I think that covers it.
    02-19-16 12:24 PM
    The erasure after ten attempts has been in iOS long before version 9. That feature is at least as old as iOS 4, probably older than that.
    jallister likes this.
    02-19-16 12:26 PM
    I recall the iPhone erasing all of it contents after 10 failed passwords attempts came in iOS 4. I even remember stories when the iPhone/iPod use to lock itself for 40 years if you entered the password incorrectly tens time if the user didn't have the erase feature enabled.
    02-19-16 01:02 PM
    Lol. BlackBerry is not even relevant enough to be mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:59 AM
    More misinformation being spread on Crackberry.
    02-21-16 08:20 AM
    More misinformation being spread on Crackberry.
    Really?? I think that it was misinformation / omission spread on USAToday. Another example of media bias / ignorance that I alluded to in another thread yesterday.

As far as I know, BlackBerry has had this feature since the stone age, and then later Apple 'coincidentally' comes up with the exact 'innovative'10 password attempts then wipe feature.

So then how can the editors at USA Today spin this to make Apple look fantastic and ignore the firm that originated the idea? Easy. Start the sentence with 'of the three main platforms'. There is actually only 2 main platforms, but I digress.

Want to ignore Tesla, but wanna promote GM?. 'Of the three main American auto makers, only GM has a battery powered car with the Chevy Volt'.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    miker476, TgeekB, bakron1 and 1 others like this.
    02-21-16 09:00 AM
    Really?? I think that it was misinformation / omission spread on USAToday. Another example of media bias / ignorance that I alluded to in another thread yesterday.

As far as I know, BlackBerry has had this feature since the stone age, and then later Apple 'coincidentally' comes up with the exact 'innovative'10 password attempts then wipe feature.

So then how can the editors at USA Today spin this to make Apple look fantastic and ignore the firm that originated the idea? Easy. Start the sentence with 'of the three main platforms'. There is actually only 2 main platforms, but I digress.

Want to ignore Tesla, but wanna promote GM?. 'Of the three main American auto makers, only GM has a battery powered car with the Chevy Volt'.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    USA today must be on Crackberry! JK.
    I agree, definitely a BB feature first, but Apple did add it quite a while ago also. People always complain about misinformation about blackberry, let's just make sure the playing field is equal.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    02-21-16 09:26 AM

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Mr Nicola Tesla was the greatest inventor of modern times and the father of modern electricity. A true visionary who's inventions sparked the industrial revolution. There is a statue of him in front of the old Niagara power house and most folks who see the statue know nothing about him. Unbelievable.
    TGR1 likes this.
    02-21-16 05:49 PM
    Mr Nicolai Tesla was the greatest inventor of modern times and the father of modern electricity. A true visionary who's inventions sparked the industrial revolution. There is a statue of him in front of the old Niagara power house and most folks who see the statue know nothing about him. Unbelievable.
    Yup. There's one on Goat Island and one on the Canadian side. Quite well known here.
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-21-16 05:54 PM
    Mr Nicola Tesla was the greatest inventor of modern times and the father of modern electricity. A true visionary who's inventions sparked the industrial revolution. There is a statue of him in front of the old Niagara power house and most folks who see the statue know nothing about him. Unbelievable.
    so that is because of him we have to work day and night...
    02-21-16 06:08 PM
    so that is because of him we have to work day and night...
    The tech we got to free us, enslaved us... :-)

(wait for the robots and AI!)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-21-16 10:07 PM
    This has been a feature on Android since device encryption was possible (i.e., at least from 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich), but it was usually only enabled if the user actually enabled that encryption, which most users didn't actually do. Starting with 4.2, most manufacturers had enabled the feature even on unencrypted phones whenever a screen-lock was used, and some manufacturers were doing this as far back as 2.3 Gingerbread.

Obviously BBOS had this feature before either iOS or Android, but those OSs have supported the feature for a long time now.
    02-21-16 11:05 PM