To be fair, even the most hardened RIM fanboi couldn't say that in the past with a straight face. Next week, I'm guessing there will be a few.
    I suspect if you look at most Apple users, most aren't liked that. It's the ones who were Mac users when Apple had 3% of the computer market that tend to have that defensive, snotty, arrogant nature. I know plenty of iPhone users who bought one in the last year that bought it because they wanted a phone, not because they thought Apple products would feed the hungry children, end wars and add years to your life.

Although I do know a few Apple fans who fit into that latter category. They're the ones that have bought every single iPhone, iPod, iPad and would buy six $99 Steve Jobs action figures if they could.

But they don't reflect most modern people I know with Apple products.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-25-13 08:17 PM
    "Oh, your PC crashed while rendering that animation? Should have gotten a Mac, they NEVER crash."
    Haha! That's BS. I've crashed my Macs plenty, particularly at the end of Mac OS 9 and the early versions of Mac OS X. But to be honest, I switched to Mac because they had fewer issues. To be fair, microsoft also has a way harder job with a trillion hardware configs.

With modern versions of Windows, ( which I use as well), I don't notice a difference in the OS freezing. Apps crash on both pretty regularly.
    01-25-13 08:21 PM
    I figured I'd add a little to this.... Just to be clear, I'm in no way a fanboy of any platform. I have a BB for my phone, a PC for my work computer, and a Mac for my personal computer. I've never had an issue with my Mac... well at least a major issue... may have crashed once or twice in almost 6 years. My work PC has had the blue screen a few times, and has had other small issues. Of course, my BB has had that damned clock and needs battery pulls.
    I love my Mac and would recommend it any time, as long as you don't want to add to it at any point or customize it (sure you can add RAM but that's it). I'd recommend a PC as it is compatible with pretty much every main stream site out there and you can add and replace pretty much any component you want. I'd recommend my BB as it really is the King of communication. They all have their strengths. That's what we need to recognize.
    01-25-13 08:47 PM
    I don't understand some of you guys. Apple sold over 40 million phones in 90 days yet you guys think the company is dying/dead. As far as the stock price, the only people that should be pissed are those that bought too late & and those that bought on options. The company sold over 70 million iproducts last quarter, they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
    john_v and JeepBB like this.
    01-25-13 09:09 PM
    Did anyone say they are dead?? The financials just aren't up to expectations and the market is correcting. Their EPS dropped. This is the first time in years that has happened. Apple isn't going anywhere and they are still a behemoth in the industry.
    01-25-13 09:17 PM
    Did anyone say they are dead?? The financials just aren't up to expectations and the market is correcting. Their EPS dropped. This is the first time in years that has happened. Apple isn't going anywhere and they are still a behemoth in the industry.
    Read a few of the more ridiculous posts in this thread and others. You'll find what he's talking about.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-25-13 09:19 PM
    Cheap Android phones are the Yugo of smartphones. Strap on a jet engine, add a rear spoiler, put in leather seats, put fancy paint and body cladding on it and call it a high performance sports coupe, but underneath it all, it's still a Yugo.

iPhones are like sealed cars. You can only drive on Apple roads and use Apple gas. The car is designed to self destruct in exactly 24 months, at which time, a new car that has 'amazing innovations' like a more comfortable seat and larger steering wheel will be released to critical acclaim.

Windows Phone is the cool new idea by the eccentric guy who somehow became a millionaire and is trying to repeat it. He makes lots of mistakes, pisses off his early customers, but keeps getting closer and closer to something that could excite a lot of people. He adds unusual touches like a fifth wheel, AWD, and a joystick instead of a steering wheel. He just needs to get focused and serious about the product.

BB10 is the cool secret project by the guy voted "most likely to succeed" in class, but who has been a bit faded and tattered as of late. Lots of people think he cannot beat "the cool kids" at Apple or the appeal of the Android Yugo, but he has a history of exceeding their projections in the past. The silhouette of the car he's about to unveil under the white sheet looks very appealing and people who have sneaked a look are excited.
    I want to appeal to CB brass...we need and want a LOVE button to.push for gems like this!!! Well done!!!
    01-25-13 09:21 PM
    Read a few of the more ridiculous posts in this thread and others. You'll find what he's talking about.
    Fair enough..... But that's just people who have been beaten down by the Apple community feeling this is their "just deserts" so to speak. It's been a long dark year for BB and we are just excitable... to be expected.
    01-25-13 09:22 PM
    This musical interlude provided by....me

john_v, bungaboy and brmiller1976 like this.
    01-25-13 09:36 PM
    I think somethings missing in this conversation...like how only pension plans and 401ks are being devastated at this point (concerning Apple)...retail investors were out a hundred dollars ago... some broke even, some made but allot lost. The only real money left fighting in this game are the big hedge/mutual/investment portfolio clubs....run by third party managers risking YOUR money. Just a thought but perhaps that's more important than allot of this high brow bs...just sayin. No one knows where AAPL is going...certainly not third party managers saying "trust me"...maybe a conversation on that and where RIM is going was more in tune with the OP's intent?
    01-25-13 10:07 PM
    I think somethings missing in this conversation...like how only pension plans and 401ks are being devastated at this point (concerning Apple)...retail investors were out a hundred dollars ago... some broke even, some made but allot lost. The only real money left fighting in this game are the big hedge/mutual/investment portfolio clubs....run by third party managers risking YOUR money. Just a thought but perhaps that's more important than allot of this high brow bs...just sayin. No one knows where AAPL is going...certainly not third party managers saying "trust me"...maybe a conversation on that and where RIM is going was more in tune with the OP's intent?
    Ah yes, but you put your money in other peoples hands to manage. That was your choice. There's always a risk there. Also, in those investments, only a small portion of your funds is there, depending on the risk factor you choose. I, personally, don't like giving others control. I will make my own decisions be they good or bad, but at least in the end, I only have me to blame.
    01-25-13 10:20 PM
    Ah yes, but you put your money in other peoples hands to manage. That was your choice. There's always a risk there. Also, in those investments, only a small portion of your funds is there, depending on the risk factor you choose. I, personally, don't like giving others control. I will make my own decisions be they good or bad, but at least in the end, I only have me to blame.

Concur....I don't either but let's face facts...the only serious short money left in this game is from ”funds"...doesn't matter that it's a percentage of a portfolio. "Funds" managers are risking other people's money (while being paid handsomely) and I think people need to think about that.

Sorry in advance...not trying to be confrontational...just blows my mind how billions are be lost, a-hole journalists are spreading lies... certain"analysts" are on the tube spewing stories and advocating positions they personally don't hold ...and no one notices...just makes no sense.
    01-25-13 10:51 PM
    Concur....I don't either but let's face facts...the only serious short money left in this game is from ”funds"...doesn't matter that it's a percentage of a portfolio. "Funds" managers are risking other people's money (while being paid handsomely) and I think people need to think about that.

Sorry in advance...not trying to be confrontational...just blows my mind how billions are be lost, a-hole journalists are spreading lies... certain"analysts" are on the tube spewing stories and advocating positions they personally don't hold ...and no one notices...just makes no sense.
    First, no need to be sorry, didn't see this as confrontational in any way, shape, or form. The fact is, we, well most, place our money and future in other people's hands as it's "easier". However, those that choose low risk investments, have little to lose, and those that choose hight risk, took the choice to let others choose for them. Trust in others with my money isn't something I have and nor should others but hey, who am I to say. Bottom line, we all have 100% control of what we do with our money... should we relinquish some of that control, then we reap, either the benefits, or the consequences of our actions and choices.
    01-25-13 11:08 PM
    Glad...always worried might come off to strong....Here's the thing, most people just cruising along, either with a company pension plan or managed portfolio (averaging 6%...wake up people) and never consider the way their money is being used.

This is my only point...someone with an agenda contrary to your likes is using your money to attempt to hurt your favorite device company, if your ok with that...cool...if not...pull your money... put it with a fund that positions itself with your beliefs or do some reading/studying and invest yourself...better than sitting idly by letting others agendas try and hurt RIM...my two cents
    01-25-13 11:38 PM
    Glad...always worried might come off to strong....Here's the thing, most people just cruising along, either with a company pension plan or managed portfolio (averaging 6%...wake up people) and never consider the way their money is being used.

This is my only point...someone with an agenda contrary to your likes is using your money to attempt to hurt your favorite device company, if your ok with that...cool...if not...pull your money... put it with a fund that positions itself with your beliefs or do some reading/studying and invest yourself...better than sitting idly by letting others agendas try and hurt RIM...my two cents
    The people who invest your money have zero interest in what you like... they have 100% interest in making money.... they make money for you... they make money for themselves. The problem is, is that they don't have the time to look at every company in depth. They look at the computer model and if it says no, well then they say no. Back in October, do you think any model said buy RIMM stock? Nope. Was APPL a good bet? Absolutely. You need to buy what you want, not what other's say is good for you. Now with that said, you better do your research first because you can lose your shirt making an uninformed decision.

Remember... Money isn't personal.. it's just money.
    01-25-13 11:54 PM
    Man looking at that graph about Apple stock...going from a high of $705 down $450 in a few months is abysmal...
    01-26-13 12:04 AM
    The people who invest your money have zero interest in what you like... they have 100% interest in making money.... they make money for you... they make money for themselves. The problem is, is that they don't have the time to look at every company in depth. They look at the computer model and if it says no, well then they say no. Back in October, do you think any model said buy RIMM stock? Nope. Was APPL a good bet? Absolutely. You need to buy what you want, not what other's say is good for you. Now with that said, you better do your research first because you can lose your shirt making an uninformed decision.

Remember... Money isn't personal.. it's just money.
    I'm confused...did I miss something here?

Maybe re-read my posts...I'm agreeing with you...I want others to wake up....eople have choices how thier money is used...thats it...nothing else...

And I learnt along time ago...watch your own money...
    01-26-13 12:15 AM
    I'm confused...did I miss something here?

Maybe re-read my posts...I'm agreeing with you...I want others to wake up....eople have choices how thier money is used...thats it...nothing else...

And I learnt along time ago...watch your own money...
    lol... sorry man... didn't span back amongst the thread.. my bad
    01-26-13 12:33 AM
    just read an interesting article in PC Magazine's 'Best of 2012' December issue stating that all the current devices on the market were products of Mr.Jobs. They said that although he was bashing small form tablets that it was something he usually did with projects he was working on... bash them and then release 'one to rule them all'. With that being said I think Apple may be in more of a pickle than ever... they have been struggling AND havent released a non-jobs device yet. The article said that the true test would be Holiday Season 2013... but I think at this rate they have to do something to make sure that by that time they arent RIMing it.

Apple makes great products, I wouldnt even deny that, but I think the time of paying just as much for the bitten apple as for the device itself needs to change.. .before apple gets bitten.
    With the iPad mini being so expensive and customers realizing there are many more options out there (maybe even a BB10 PB) for much cheaper there can be a drastic shift in the tablet scene BEFORE Holiday Season 2013. As for the iPhones... they barely increased their sales when you consider that the numbers included the 4 and 4S, and that the 4 was now at $0 and 4S pretty cheap as well. Touting the OS as the saviour of the line, and the reason to pay the premium, only works in so far as your OS is actually worthy of the premium you are asking for... and when that premium is packaged with a stale OS and partial upgrade cycles there WILL be a problem.

I stopped posting here a while ago due to people just not being willing to realize facts, and calling me a hater... but the FACT is that the things I was saying months ago are happening now, and Apple has to be careful. I dont want Apple to fail, no one wants anyone to lose work or close up shop (at least I would hope so)... but they need to make a move and NOT wait as long as RIM did, or else we may be calling shorts and dumping life savings into AAPL come 2014.
    01-26-13 12:39 AM
    Man looking at that graph about Apple stock...going from a high of $705 down $450 in a few months is abysmal...
    OK... alright, I have a confession to make. I enraged an Apple fanboy friend of mine with an absurd logical fallacy. I drew a graph connecting the high of over $700 with the current $450 and continuing down, pointing out that "at the current rate of decline, Apple will hit zero at around June."

Am I going to technology hades now?
    01-26-13 03:14 AM
    It got so bad in the early 2000s that article authors who make money per impression would deliberately write articles about Apple's problems just to get the tens of thousands of angry Apple fans saying "how dare you suggest that a 400 MHz G4 isn't faster than an 850 MHz Pentium III?!?"

That simply doesn't happen with other brands like Samsung, RIM, or Microsoft. It *sorta* happens with Nokia, and is starting to happen with Google to an increasing degree.
    Not sure if you're serious here...there are tons of topics here where 'negative' articles about RIM are discussed and vilified...and responders are often urged to either boycott the offending websites or leave angry comments there.

Just a day or two ago, one Citi analyst downgraded RIM to a 'sell' rating and put forward his own rational arguments behind that decision. An article about this recommendation made it to the CB front page...Stock Talk: What
    Go through the comments there and tell me if all the comments there are loving and kind.

Not sure why it's just Apple fans y'all pick on, but all fanboys are equally obnoxious
    JeepBB, kevinnugent and mikeo007 like this.
    01-26-13 03:50 AM
    Interesting observation to add to the discussion.

CHART OF THE DAY: The Curious Case Of Apple's Flattening iTunes Revenue
    Jay Yarow|Jan. 25, 2013, 5:04 PM|1,523|10

Apple, if it were just a media company, would be pretty fearsome. Its iTunes business is on pace to do $8 billion in annual revenues.

But, fund manager Eric Jackson at Forbes noted something interesting about iTunes this quarter. It was flat on a sequential basis, despite the fact that Apple added 75 million new iOS devices. iTunes revenue was $2.1 billion.

Over the last four quarters iTunes revenue is basically flat going from $1.9 billion to $2.1 billion. Meanwhile, iOS devices have gone from 365 million to 529 million, a significant jump. Pulling further back, as we did in this chart, over the last 11 quarters, iOS devices are up 5.3X, while iTunes is only up 2X.

Why is iTunes sputtering relative to iOS? We assume part of it is Apple's international iOS growth where iTunes items like songs and movies aren't available. We also assume services like Netflix and Spotify are cutting into iTunes sales.

What this means for Apple is unclear. But a big part of Apple's strength is its ecosystem. Part of that ecosystem is music, movies, and apps bought through iTunes. If people are buying fewer movies and less music, they will be less locked in to Apple's platform.
    01-26-13 05:56 AM
    You know how apples os is being called stale, well apart from two screens bb10 is basically the same thing. Just saying...
    Admorris likes this.
    01-26-13 06:15 AM
    You know how apples os is being called stale, well apart from two screens bb10 is basically the same thing. Just saying...
    How on earth can you even make such a statement?
    01-26-13 06:27 AM
    Despite time and effort to gently educate some of you that many people here actually DO have multiple devices, it still surprisingly fails to sink in
    Not only do some people use multiple platforms, but members are actually welcome on all the Mobile Nations sites even if they don't own that platform, provided their activity stays within site rules.
    01-26-13 06:28 AM
165 ... 4567