RIM didn't invent the smartphone ....
    Your right,but also wrong....RIM didn't invent the smartphone.......they invented the first TRUE SMARTPHONE
    01-24-13 09:52 PM
    Lol, I have actually avoided the regular forums myself for a bit now. Too many jealous of Blackberry 10 around the corner doing nothing but lashing out. Yeah, it's not like they didn't get lots of warning, signs were every where,lol. Apple crashes, for good reason, it's PEAKED, you know like peak oil, and the OS is way past it's prime, this has been said for months. Did anybody listen, yep, those apple shareholders who are now buying RIM.

So the question is, who is to blame, posters or apple, I say apple, how can anybody refute that with a straight face.

Actually the real reason Apple's stock is taking a beating is because RIM is paying people to post in these forums and say bad things about Apple.

Hey it was a valid excuse a few months ago
    01-24-13 09:57 PM
    It's expected that posters on a BlackBerry fan site might say bad things about other platforms. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
    It's expected that adults with IQ levels over 50 should say bad things about other platforms that are factually correct. I found it hard to understand some of the childish crap that has been floated around here in the past few months under the guise of 'cheerleading for RIM'.

This is a Blackberry fansite, i understand why there should be enthusiasm for RIM. I still could not contain my disbelief when someone opened a thread to say his PlayBook camera was 'superior to most DSLRs on the market'
    01-25-13 03:48 AM
    Yeah, it's not like they didn't get lots of warning, signs were every where,lol. Apple crashes, for good reason, it's PEAKED, you know like peak oil, and the OS is way past it's prime, this has been said for months. Did anybody listen, yep, those apple shareholders who are now buying RIM.
    Except that there has been no 'crash' in Apple sales in the smartphone front in recent times...if anything, recent reports show it rallying against Android sales in North America. User satisfaction ratings on iOS devices are still higher by far than any other smartphone.

Apple narrowly failed to meet street expectations, but that doesn't take anything away from the fact that a record number of iPhones were sold last quarter. Decline in Mac sales were expected...a combination of tablet popularity cannibalizing desktop sales and supply issues on their newest Mac lines.

I'm still not sure why there's so much fixation on Apple these days. Android sales are multiplying like crazy and new low end Android phones are now sporting quad core processors on ICS and Jellybean. You should be really worried about that...more than Apple.

Lol, I have actually avoided the regular forums myself for a bit now. Too many jealous of Blackberry 10 around the corner doing nothing but lashing out.
    We've been hoping that a BB10 release will spark life and light back into Crackberry...let's not devolve into another 3 months of 'naysayer witchhunting' and 'i-told-you-so' posts.
    01-25-13 04:00 AM
    Negative Nancy boys sure got their iknickers in a iKnot.

There will be a special buffet on January 30th. Large portions of iCrow for all.
    01-25-13 07:12 AM
    Apple is back up to $453 in pre market. Life is good. LoL
    01-25-13 07:25 AM
    We've been hoping that a BB10 release will spark life and light back into Crackberry...let's not devolve into another 3 months of 'naysayer witchhunting' and 'i-told-you-so' posts.
    Unfortunately that's going to be impossible. Over the next few months, I expect people to start threads proclaiming BB10 does things no other phones have ever done, and then others will correct them or refute them, and then more bickering will ensue over which phones are better and who's epeen is biggest. At least, that's what my crystal balls shows me..
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-25-13 07:57 AM
    Unfortunately that's going to be impossible. Over the next few months, I expect people to start threads proclaiming BB10 does things no other phones have ever done, and then others will correct them or refute them, and then more bickering will ensue over which phones are better and who's epeen is biggest. At least, that's what my crystal balls shows me..
    i don't agree with alot of the stuff you say but on this i think you're right, i think there will be alot of people coming here saying "wow my BB10 phone is so awesome, it blows my (such and such) out of the water"
    01-25-13 08:03 AM
    iStuff are mediocre products but they were the fashion statement of their day. In fashion one day you're up and the next day you're nobody. For Apple, it's the next day.
    I really disagree. My iMac when i first bought it was more advanced and had more handy features then other desktops. The iPhone usually is the standard, although last year the iPhone 5 failed to impress, sure. But that is one iProduct and one year. Your forgetting the new iMac which again, leads the pack when it comes to All In Ones. And the new iPods are amazing. Still the best mp3 player, because other companies are just not moving fast enough.
    01-25-13 11:02 AM
    And they've dipped below their 52 week low....
    01-25-13 11:07 AM
    And RIM continues to push up 52 week high
    01-25-13 11:22 AM
    Unfortunately that's going to be impossible. Over the next few months, I expect people to start threads proclaiming BB10 does things no other phones have ever done, and then others I and a few others will correct them or refute them, and then more bickering will ensue over which phones are better and who's epeen is biggest. At least, that's what my crystal balls shows me..
    I'm sure you will do fine at keeping the excitement level to a minimum and making sure no one speaks of A or I in a negative tone.
    01-25-13 01:10 PM
    No, they can't. Just like RIM, there's no bankruptcy protection available when you HAVE NO DEBT.
    Technically, this isn't true. Apple and RIM have no LONG TERM debt. However, it's perfectly possible to have to file for bankruptcy due to an inability to meet short-term obligations (like accounts payable, leases, payroll, etc.) If you're out of cash, you're out of cash, regardless of the terms and length of one's obligations.

That said, neither Apple nor RIM are likely to run out of cash anytime soon. Both are cash-generation machines.
    01-25-13 01:40 PM
    I really disagree. My iMac when i first bought it was more advanced and had more handy features then other desktops. The iPhone usually is the standard, although last year the iPhone 5 failed to impress, sure. But that is one iProduct and one year. Your forgetting the new iMac which again, leads the pack when it comes to All In Ones. And the new iPods are amazing. Still the best mp3 player, because other companies are just not moving fast enough.
    I keep hearing that Apple products "are unquestionably the best" and "set the standard" and "have the best experience." Yet when I challenge a person to explain -- in concrete terms -- how this is true versus, say, an HP or Dell all-in-one, I have yet to get a single valid explanation for this excitement beyond things like "it just works" or "it's clearly superior, you just have to use one" (which are both emotional responses, not a rational argument).

I am always open to someone surprising me, here, so feel free to do so.

The reality is simple -- a "Mac" is just a cheap Intel motherboard, with all the microelectronics subcontracted out to Intel, wrapped in a pretty custom case and marked up about 100%. They're lovely, aesthetically, but there are plenty of other pretty Intel PCs that cost less and perform better.
    01-25-13 01:47 PM
    I'm sure you will do fine at keeping the excitement level fanboism to a minimum and making sure no one speaks spouts misinformation of A or I.
    FIFY
    01-25-13 01:47 PM
    I'm sure you will do fine at keeping the excitement level to a minimum and making sure no one speaks of A or I in a negative tone.
    100% agree that's what some people will try
    01-25-13 02:01 PM
    I never understand people from other ecosystems who head to a particular board to "school the fanboys on their excitement."

I cannot imagine going to the Android or iOS boards and slamming the latest JellyBean or iOS device to "keep them honest." That's just boring.
    01-25-13 02:03 PM
    I don't want to see Apple end, or become the beginning of the end(which won't happen right now), as stated, many times, competition is what fuels the changes in the economy. That being said... C'MON RIM!!! KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE DOWN!!!

EDIT: Clearly, I am not a stock market analyst.
    01-25-13 02:10 PM
    FIFY -I'm sure you will do fine at keeping the excitement level fanboism to a minimum and making sure no one speaks spouts misinformation of A or I.
    I had to look up FIFY.
    While I was at it I looked up Fanboy.

Fanboy:
    Someone far beyond a simple fan.

An arrogant person who goes into an outburst every time something he likes is questioned. Fanboys usually acuse others of being fanboys.

I'm just confused as to why you care but carry on.

01-25-13 02:14 PM
    My opinion, Apple's results may simply be indicating the start of a trend that the mobile consumer is ready for something a little bit more than what's out there right now. Androids may be stealing some of Apple's thunder, but I think that may be short-lived as well. I have no doubt that Apple and Samsung and the other Android device manufacturers will be around for quite some time (I am intentionally making NO predictions on Nokia and WP), but there are signs that the competitive landscape is going to tighten up in a big way in the next 12-18 months. And I think BB10 will be just one reason for it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-25-13 02:16 PM
    The assumption that "there can only be one or two" is an outdated notion from the PC wars of the 1990s.

In a market where sales will be 1 billion mobile devices PER YEAR, there's lots of room for lots of competitors. Every platform will introduce revolutionary ideas and compete aggressively.
    01-25-13 02:22 PM
    I had to look up FIFY.
    While I was at it I looked up Fanboy.

Fanboy:
    Someone far beyond a simple fan.

An arrogant person who goes into an outburst every time something he likes is questioned. Fanboys usually acuse others of being fanboys.

I'm just confused as to why you care but carry on.

I'm confused by your Fanboy table..
    That being said, you decided to make it personal, not me. Why you decided to care i'm not sure, but carry on.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-25-13 02:23 PM
    Everyone -- RIM/Windows Phone and Android are benefiting from the age and "staleness" of iOS. iOS has become thoroughly mainstream. My Dad uses it -- and plenty of older folks I know that could not use a traditional PC to save their lives. There is a good side to this and to a lot smaller degree (imo) a bad side.

I do not think anyone knows all the variables. RIM is still threatened by cheap Android phones no matter what.
    01-25-13 02:23 PM
    I never understand people from other ecosystems who head to a particular board to "school the fanboys on their excitement."

I cannot imagine going to the Android or iOS boards and slamming the latest JellyBean or iOS device to "keep them honest." That's just boring.
    Who's "slamming"? I see you're from WP Central, so I'd assume if you seen someone intentionally spreading misinformation about a Windows phone, i'm sure you'd pipe in to correct them..
    01-25-13 02:32 PM
    Cheap Android phones are the Yugo of smartphones. Strap on a jet engine, add a rear spoiler, put in leather seats, put fancy paint and body cladding on it and call it a high performance sports coupe, but underneath it all, it's still a Yugo.

iPhones are like sealed cars. You can only drive on Apple roads and use Apple gas. The car is designed to self destruct in exactly 24 months, at which time, a new car that has 'amazing innovations' like a more comfortable seat and larger steering wheel will be released to critical acclaim.

Windows Phone is the cool new idea by the eccentric guy who somehow became a millionaire and is trying to repeat it. He makes lots of mistakes, pisses off his early customers, but keeps getting closer and closer to something that could excite a lot of people. He adds unusual touches like a fifth wheel, AWD, and a joystick instead of a steering wheel. He just needs to get focused and serious about the product.

BB10 is the cool secret project by the guy voted "most likely to succeed" in class, but who has been a bit faded and tattered as of late. Lots of people think he cannot beat "the cool kids" at Apple or the appeal of the Android Yugo, but he has a history of exceeding their projections in the past. The silhouette of the car he's about to unveil under the white sheet looks very appealing and people who have sneaked a look are excited.
    01-25-13 02:34 PM
165 ... 23456 ...