Then you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Remember back a few months ago Google tried in vain to get it’s application called Google Voice on the Apple App Store, but was soundly rejected. [Our Story: Apple, Google, AT&T Respond to FCC Questions]

Then the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) stepped in and Apple swore that Google Voice hadn’t been rejected, but was instead still under review. They even stated as much in a formal response to the FCC. Then there was the response Google made to the FCC inquiry in which much of the letter was redacted.

Well now, due to public pressure and several freedom of information act requests, the full context of Google's letter is out and sure enough Apple DID reject Google Voice. Click Here to read the full version.

Last edited by Daniel.Black; 09-18-09 at 08:54 PM.
    09-18-09 08:40 PM
    Big surprise.
    09-18-09 08:44 PM
    This doesn't suprise me in the least. AT&T are like Sprint where they don't block anything on their network. I am not suprised at this and I always pretty much knew Apple was to blame.
    09-18-09 08:45 PM
    I think Apple is the one to blame. I am with ATT and have google voice on my BB. It worked perfectly from the day one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 10:15 PM
    doesnt surprise me at all... apple is becoming like microsoft wants full control of everything and doesnt want a product near theres that could be better especially when it comes to there precious apps
    09-18-09 11:47 PM
    Sigh.. Apple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 08:06 AM
    ah the irony, that google get an app rejected, yet apples maps system uses google! now if google were to throw their toys outta their pram and stop apple using googlemaps.........
    09-19-09 09:49 AM
    i smell.. a big fat lawsuit..

google: 1
    apple 0
    09-19-09 12:06 PM
    not surprised. this is apple
    09-19-09 07:11 PM
    apple amazes me everyday with there bs and how they bully the market
    09-19-09 07:22 PM
    Eh Steve Jobs can do whatever he likes.
    09-19-09 07:23 PM
    09-19-09 07:34 PM
    Microsoft did it for years.

If Apple really gets out of hand the government will step in. Simple as that.
    09-19-09 07:49 PM
    Microsoft did it for years.
    I really wonder if people forget this.
    09-19-09 07:52 PM
    Apple has some stupid reason as to why they think releasing this will hurt them in some way. It could be founded or unfounded. It really stinks for Apple iphone users, however you have to remember that bad business for a company eventually is bad business for a consumer... so if Apple thinks this will help them and they are correct it will help consumers if they are wrong it will hurt consumers... bottom line though is that it is their own choice and they made the iphone.

from wikipedia

Laissez-faire to allow events to take their own course, or to let people do what they choose.

In economics of the Chicago School, it has become a doctrine that holds that the state should never intervene in the marketplace.

The term is often used to refer to various economic philosophies and political philosophies which seek to minimize or eliminate government intervention in most or all aspects of society.
    09-19-09 10:26 PM
    Hm... a bit surprised.
    09-19-09 10:55 PM
    Apple has some stupid reason as to why they think releasing this will hurt them in some way. It could be founded or unfounded. It really stinks for Apple iphone users, however you have to remember that bad business for a company eventually is bad business for a consumer... so if Apple thinks this will help them and they are correct it will help consumers if they are wrong it will hurt consumers... bottom line though is that it is their own choice and they made the iphone.

from wikipedia

Laissez-faire to allow events to take their own course, or to let people do what they choose.

In economics of the Chicago School, it has become a doctrine that holds that the state should never intervene in the marketplace.

The term is often used to refer to various economic philosophies and political philosophies which seek to minimize or eliminate government intervention in most or all aspects of society.

Yeah, not to be rude, but the Chicago school was/is wrong, and many/most of the people who liked it now realize it's a bit extreme.

-Stephen
    09-19-09 11:25 PM
    I Love google voice on the blackberry!
    09-19-09 11:50 PM
    Yeah, not to be rude, but the Chicago school was/is wrong, and many/most of the people who liked it now realize it's a bit extreme.

-Stephen
    HUH?

How can you be rude? The person who made the wiki probably donst read this site! If your trying to be rude to me then just making a comment like that doesnt upset me since it isnt even a comment. I was saying that all in all they should let apple do what they want... if apple made a bad decision it WILL bite them back...

I dont believe Apple ever claimed to have open ended appstore like Google Android is, so what are they doing wrong, besides making a mistake and upsetting one of their own software providers?
    09-20-09 12:28 AM
    Not surprised.
    09-20-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD