So RIM probably should come out with a native voice assistant to stay competitive, what name would you like your personal assistant to have? Could be creative and make up a new one or take one from a movie, tv, game or what not. Personally I think Cortana would be cool. Even cooler if RIM did make it a hologram.

On the other hand there might be some people who don't want it to be human like. So who would just want it to be calling it computer(or something like that) to keep it as little human like as possible?
    11-12-11 09:28 PM
    How about SILI?
    11-12-11 09:46 PM
    "cobbler" then it could be Blackberry cobbler.
    tgellr likes this.
    11-12-11 10:12 PM
    HAL 9900
    Guatiao and Pete6#WP like this.
    11-12-11 10:16 PM
    Just plain "Computer"? As in Star Trek?

Or maybe K.I.T.T.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-12-11 10:41 PM
    I like Matilda
    11-12-11 11:02 PM
    I vote for MIR... it's RIM backwards! :P
    11-12-11 11:03 PM
    kevin!
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    11-12-11 11:14 PM
    LLort. It's the opposite of troll. Or Iris.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-12-11 at 11:34 PM.
    11-12-11 11:29 PM
    Veronica, Sabrina, Bianca, Isabella, Gabrielle, Rita, etc.

Leia FTW
    11-12-11 11:42 PM
    Honestly, If I was able to buy RIM out. I was going to take the chance of changing its name to MIR (Motion in Research).
    Its catchy and the same, but different! You see Research in Motion is nice, but currently its research is in slow motion. That's why I would like some motion in its research, hence MIR!

Lol, ah. If only I was in a different place, at a different time...
    11-12-11 11:48 PM
    LOLTRON

11-12-11 11:49 PM
    That's awesome. That would be my choice too.
    11-13-11 12:04 AM
    I would take BVOICE or BRIM

11-13-11 12:11 AM
    Hope?

or how about Jeeves?
    11-13-11 12:49 AM
    I really don't see the point of Siri in the first place. Does it increase productivity, or is it just another novelty to play with? I wouldn't use it ...
    11-13-11 10:01 AM
    I feel sorry for the bandwidth used to compile this thread. It is one of the most useless questions I've seen.

If you had asked for "future features" in a native voice assistant, perhaps I would have agreed with you, but asking for a name? really?

RIM has FAR MORE things that need to be done before they can create such an app and excuse me, not because Apple has that means we need to have it!
    11-13-11 10:16 AM
    I feel sorry for the bandwidth used to compile this thread. It is one of the most useless questions I've seen.

If you had asked for "future features" in a native voice assistant, perhaps I would have agreed with you, but asking for a name? really?

RIM has FAR MORE things that need to be done before they can create such an app and excuse me, not because Apple has that means we need to have it!
    Then save your own bandwidth and stay out of the thread... get a hobby.
    11-13-11 10:35 AM
    I vote for Berry.

"Berry, do I have any appointments today?"
    11-13-11 10:37 AM
    Odin

10 Char
    11-13-11 10:47 AM
    Ms Moneypenny?

Mecca EL likes this.
    11-13-11 11:12 AM
    KITT (yeah I watched Knightrider back in the day)
    11-13-11 11:16 AM
    I really don't see the point of Siri in the first place. Does it increase productivity, or is it just another novelty to play with? I wouldn't use it ...
    I don't think it's a novelty at all. Until recent, I wasn't even using it, but yesterday, I decided to use it for sentences while driving and it didn't make one mistake. I was surprised because with Android, it would constantly make mistakes.

Also, I see myself setting up more alarms/tasks/reminders this way. I just have to remember to do them. I hate having to go in to the app to do these things. I can now have SIRI add them for me, which I feel is easier
    just_luc and tmelon like this.
    11-13-11 11:39 AM
    So RIM probably should come out with a native voice assistant to stay competitive, what name would you like your personal assistant to have? Could be creative and make up a new one or take one from a movie, tv, game or what not. Personally I think Cortana would be cool. Even cooler if RIM did make it a hologram.

On the other hand there might be some people who don't want it to be human like. So who would just want it to be calling it computer(or something like that) to keep it as little human like as possible?
    RIM probably won't even make one.
    11-13-11 11:51 AM
    I hope that RIM doesn't try to copy this.

If they do I vote for MoFo
    11-13-11 12:48 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD