I'm thinking of dropping my BB for a phone system that is easy to hack, any suggestions?

Read this:

Hacker exploits iOS flaw for free in-app purchases | Macworld

It seems to me that whenever Apple has a problem, it isn't a problem as far as the media are concerned. If this happened to BB, we wouldn't hear the end of it!!
    07-15-12 10:43 AM
    The media understands you do not bite the hand that feeds you and so the media will not report the facts or truth since they are in the business in making money. Apple and google have many problems and I wouldn't trust ANY of my information on either phones. When it comes to play time my GS3 is alot of fun. If BB can bring the fun to BB10 you will have the best phone and I think Apple and google understand this and will continue to attack RIM through the paid media. The media will write whatever you want them to....you just have to pay for it.
    07-15-12 11:26 AM
    I'm thinking of dropping my BB for a phone system that is easy to hack, any suggestions?

Read this:

It seems to me that whenever Apple has a problem, it isn't a problem as far as the media are concerned. If this happened to BB, we wouldn't hear the end of it!!
    Considering RIM and by extension it's users are constantly crowing about the
    "bullet-proof" security of the BlackBerry it stands to reason that it would be
    the more newsworthy issue.
    jegs2 and Phil DeLong like this.
    07-15-12 11:33 AM
    This has a greater effect on the developers than the consumers.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-15-12 11:37 AM

Read this:

It's been posted on all the major tech blogs, not to mention bbc news,CNN, Forbes etc...

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 11:40 AM

Read this:

Every new site in the world has already covered this - the issue is doing this sends your information through an unknown proxy which could log your information. It also has nothing to do with your phone being any less secure, it has to do with stealing from developers. There are also more secure ways to implement in-app purchases which this exploit will not work on.
    07-15-12 11:45 AM

Read this:

Why do so many of you have Apple on the brain?
    pri79269 likes this.
    07-15-12 12:08 PM
    It's been posted on all the major tech blogs, not to mention bbc news,CNN, Forbes etc...

Exactly. I read about this in all the same places I read any RIM related news. I appreciate this is a Blackberry forum, but why is there the need to go creating problems that don't exist?
    Telespielstube likes this.
    07-15-12 12:10 PM
    I was always wondering how some of these people spend 100s of dollars on iap a day. I play only one game on my ipod and thought I was playing with a bunch of millionaires or kids that have unaware parents (until the cc bill arrives)

These holes have always been a concern. Imagine if all we had was one choice and our lives were dependent on one company. A more serious plague will shut down everyone's life as we know it. Too bad the general public doesn't know how seriously it affects their life in the long term.

RIM - make bb10 wonderful and give us a choice ... (I would add WP8 but I have a windows based computer )
    ThaSwapMeetPimp likes this.
    07-15-12 12:10 PM
    The media understands you do not bite the hand that feeds you and so the media will not report the facts or truth since they are in the business in making money. Apple and google have many problems and I wouldn't trust ANY of my information on either phones. When it comes to play time my GS3 is alot of fun. If BB can bring the fun to BB10 you will have the best phone and I think Apple and google understand this and will continue to attack RIM through the paid media. The media will write whatever you want them to....you just have to pay for it.
    The S2 has the exact same security rating as all the Blackberries released.
    07-15-12 12:13 PM
    I was always wondering how some of these people spend 100s of dollars on iap a day. I play only one game on my ipod and thought I was playing with a bunch of millionaires or kids that have unaware parents (until the cc bill arrives)

These holes have always been a concern. Imagine if all we had was one choice and our lives were dependent on one company. A more serious plague will shut down everyone's life as we know it. Too bad the general public doesn't know how seriously it affects their life in the long term.

RIM - make bb10 wonderful and give us a choice ... (I would add WP8 but I have a windows based computer )
    That's the beauty of capitalism...We will always have multiple choices when it comes to tech, food,clothing etc..etc

07-15-12 12:13 PM
    That's the beauty of capitalism...We will always have multiple choices when it comes to tech, food,clothing etc..etc

Not when it is lopsided and power is in only one side. Capitalism will turn into communism and the average person wouldn't know what hit them. Don't be too naive it has already happened in some areas. Just dig deeper into the food we eat and food is a necessity.
    ThaSwapMeetPimp likes this.
    07-15-12 12:20 PM
    And just remember, you either

a) Don't have to have a phone

OR

b) You can always just cling to your Blackberry for dear life
    07-15-12 12:26 PM
    And just remember, you either

a) Don't have to have a phone

OR

b) You can always just cling to your Blackberry for dear life
    Na in the future we will be able to connect telepathically. Why would we need to carry around a phone.
    07-15-12 12:37 PM
    Considering RIM and by extension it's users are constantly crowing about the
    "bullet-proof" security of the BlackBerry it stands to reason that it would be
    the more newsworthy issue.
    this and i'm sure apple pays the media to be on their sideand report and advertise as they see fit doing other wise would cause a sudden cut in income from the shady company
    07-15-12 01:11 PM
    Because I was sitting under a tree when an apple dropped onto my head.
    07-15-12 01:11 PM
    People need something to rail against when they are in the minority.

Because of it's success, holes need to be exposed to prove RIM superiority.

You will see this same phenomenom on a Mac forum with Microsoft as the antagonist.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07-15-12 at 01:53 PM.
    07-15-12 01:48 PM
    This has a greater effect on the developers than the consumers.
    True, but it highlights another vulnerability in iOS. And apps is one of the main attractions to iOS, so that it could be a problem if developers shy from app development.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-15-12 01:56 PM
    True, but it highlights another vulnerability in iOS. And apps is one of the main attractions to iOS, so that it could be a problem if developers shy from app development.
    Technically, it hi-lights a vulnerability in Apples online payment system. It really has little to do with iOS itself.
    07-15-12 02:02 PM
    Yeah.

It will hit the developers and developer faith in the platform first, followed by Apple and the general consumer as devs steer clear of the platform.

It'll likely make banks more cautious about trusting the platform for NFC payments as well.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-15-12 02:05 PM
    Isn't a problem for Apple? This story has been reported ad-nauseum across every media outlet around the world.

I'm guessing that perhaps because it's not personal to you, you read the story with little interest, so don't recognize the negative connotations of the story itself. If you were an Apple fan/supporter, you'd be reading all those stories with a grimace.
    07-15-12 02:05 PM
    how is it not a problem for apple, its a problem with their security or lack of it for consumers its good but for the developers looking to sell apps and make some money its a fail and a security hole that needs to be filled to keep them happy and wanting to work with you
    07-15-12 02:14 PM
    I really do not see where this will cause any long-term issues.

I hope it does get solved, so the developers do get paid. However, warez will always be around, and people who want warez will know how to get them. Warez are not a problem only for Apple products.

I just heard an ad on the radio on Friday from the Business Software Alliance mentioning how to report pirated software.
    07-15-12 02:22 PM
    I really do not see where this will cause any long-term issues.

I hope it does get solved, so the developers do get paid. However, warez will always be around, and people who want warez will know how to get them. Warez are not a problem only for Apple products.

I just heard an ad on the radio on Friday from the Business Software Alliance mentioning how to report pirated software.
    It seems that RIM has done a good job of plugging the hole using unique identifiers for apps once purchased.
    07-15-12 02:27 PM
    Yeah.

It will hit the developers and developer faith in the platform first, followed by Apple and the general consumer as devs steer clear of the platform.

It'll likely make banks more cautious about trusting the platform for NFC payments as well.
    Perhaps Apples developer conference will take four hours to sell out instead of three.
    07-15-12 02:46 PM
135 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD