Yes finally the liars and scanners will hopefully be taken down by the billions.

Apple set for showdown on Capitol Hill over corporate taxes - May. 20, 2013

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xamdam; 05-21-13 at 06:30 AM.
    05-21-13 06:00 AM
    05-21-13 06:15 AM
    Link didn't work.. I think this is it .. correct?

Apple set for showdown on Capitol Hill over corporate taxes - May. 20, 2013
    Hmm my link works for me?

But yes that's the page you linked to as well.

I hope they get nailed.

Edit:

I used your link bow to it just in case mine not work for others.

Thks

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 06:25 AM
    why not they use slave labor to make the phones, why not be tax evaders too ?
    sk8er_tor, schmeat and Jake2826 like this.
    05-21-13 06:29 AM
    they aren't doing tax fraud. they aren't even doing many of the tax avoidance techniques that other us companies do. every company does some tax planning and takes deductions they are allowed. so far nothing too bad has been found.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-13 06:29 AM
    they aren't doing tax fraud. they aren't even doing many of the tax avoidance techniques that other us companies do. every company does some tax planning and takes deductions they are allowed. so far nothing too bad has been found.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    It is of no employees and no actual company is setup in the other countries they claim to have, that's tax fraud.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 06:32 AM
    The Apple hate is pathetic. Here's a list of the so called things that was suppose to bring apple down according bb fan boys.
    1.BlackBerry storm
    2. BlackBerry Storm 2
    3. BlackBerry torch 1 & 2
    4. BlackBerry playbook
    5. BlackBerry z10
    6. Now it's the Government.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    Drew808, jegs2, schmeat and 14 others like this.
    05-21-13 06:44 AM
    People/companies look for ways to avoid paying taxes. Why should companies be required to pay taxes on profits that weren't earned in this country? Hopefully this whole scenario bring forth change/reform in our country.

05-21-13 06:48 AM
    Why is this in the Z10 forum?
    05-21-13 06:50 AM
    This is a failure of our tax system, not Apple. (moved to news and rumors) Apple spent time and money researching how best to help their own company, and they did it very very well. Every story I have read (from a reliable source), indicates there is zero evidence of fraud, and even Apple is expected to state it is the fault of the tax law.
    05-21-13 06:52 AM
    This is a failure of our tax system, not Apple. (moved to news and rumors) Apple spent time and money researching how best to help their own company, and they did it very very well. Every story I have read (from a reliable source), indicates there is zero evidence of fraud, and even Apple is expected to state it is the fault of the tax law.
    Agreed. Apple is not at fault here and will not be penalized. They just have a great accounting department that finds ways to take advantages of loopholes in the US tax system. Good for Apple. A lot of companies shift their earnings off shore.
    05-21-13 06:58 AM
    Over here, in the UK, Google, Starbucks, Amazon plus others are all in the spotlight for not paying their full taxes, simply put, they do their transactions in the UK but do the processing abroad and pay a fraction of the tax.
    05-21-13 07:06 AM
    Over here, in the UK, Google, Starbucks, Amazon plus others are all in the spotlight for not paying their full taxes, simply put, they do their transactions in the UK but do the processing abroad and pay a fraction of the tax.
    Happens in the US too, part of a global economic system.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-21-13 07:11 AM
    Article seems slanted. All I see is a company leveraging the current tax laws to their benifit. If there is anyone to blame, its the US government by not having a more competative corporate tax structure. Same issue up here in Canada. If the government thinks it will close off these holes, it will only drive some of the corporate HQ's off shore for good.

I seriously doubt Apple did anything wrong.

To date, the only flaw in Apple that I see is they have a very stale mobile OS .... this little tax hunt by McCain will prove fruitless. Personally I think he's still bitter about losing the election back when.
    05-21-13 07:16 AM
    People/companies look for ways to avoid paying taxes. Why should companies be required to pay taxes on profits that weren't earned in this country? Hopefully this whole scenario bring forth change/reform in our country.

Bases on your logic, seeing as the company I do contract work for os based in the US and I'm in Canada, I shouldn't have to pay taxes.

The Apple situation is not unique but it is shady. For example, they took out a loan to implement the share buy back plan they are undergoing. The reason is that the interest they are paying on that is a fraction of what they would have to pay if they repatriated some of their cash hoard and we're subject to tax.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-21-13 07:18 AM
    It's pathetic that this is even posted in here. Is the hope that Apple would be fined Billions of dollars so that Blackberry overtakes them as a top smartphone company? I'd rather see Blackberry get their on the merit of their products.

This thread is embarrassing.
    Barljo, richardat, ihys and 10 others like this.
    05-21-13 07:20 AM
    So the cats out of the bag ,I suspect this is one of the reasons they plan on opening up a manufacturing site or assembly plant In the USA,put the screws to them and make them pay one way or another,
    lang007 likes this.
    05-21-13 07:32 AM
    Close this thread already. Nothing to do with BBRY and isn't even fraud. Questionable yes, legal, looks like it is based off of current tax law.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 07:33 AM
    So the cats out of the bag ,I suspect this is one of the reasons they plan on opening up a manufacturing site or assembly plant In the USA,put the screws to them and make them pay one way or another,
    Why, because they are a successful company? How will it benefit Blackberry if this happens? Will it make more people but Z10's? Give me a break.
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-21-13 07:35 AM
    Bases on your logic, seeing as the company I do contract work for os based in the US and I'm in Canada, I shouldn't have to pay taxes.

The Apple situation is not unique but it is shady. For example, they took out a loan to implement the share buy back plan they are undergoing. The reason is that the interest they are paying on that is a fraction of what they would have to pay if they repatriated some of their cash hoard and we're subject to tax.

Posted via CB10
    That's not shady, that's smart.

Barljo likes this.
    05-21-13 07:35 AM
    Happens in the US too, part of a global economic system.
    Happens with individuals as well. Everyone's favorite celebrities, athletes, and million/billionaires aren't all "living" in places like Monaco because they just happen to love it!

With individuals, people can and should question the ethics/morality/and motivation of such people. They are responsible for their personal behaviors and attitudes. Corporations....they are by definition money making entities, who's primary purpose is just that!
    05-21-13 07:41 AM
    That's not shady, that's smart.

Hey, I don't like paying taxes any more than the next guy but I also like having the things that taxes pay for. Don't get me wrong, I know that our tax dollars aren't always spent as they should be and that pisses me off but that doesn't mean I should find a way to not contribute to the things that I utilize and appreciate on a daily basis.

Posted via CB10
    homer1475, Omnitech and Jake Storm like this.
    05-21-13 07:41 AM
    The Apple hate is pathetic. Here's a list of the so called things that was suppose to bring apple down according bb fan boys.
    1.BlackBerry storm
    2. BlackBerry Storm 2
    4. BlackBerry playbook
    5. BlackBerry z10

I don't hate Apple but I don't understand why some americans idolize Apple when it avoids US tax. I'm not american and I don't care. I own two apple products actually.
    05-21-13 07:49 AM
    Don't worry. The death of Steve Jobs has hurt and will continue to hurt Apple immensely. As much as I hate Apple and refuse to buy their products the man was the Edison of our time.

Posted via CB10
    ekv likes this.
    05-21-13 07:54 AM
    1.BlackBerry storm
    2. BlackBerry Storm 2
    4. BlackBerry playbook
    5. BlackBerry z10

Take it easy Marty. Too defensive

Posted via CB10
    wuulfy likes this.
    05-21-13 07:58 AM
163 123 ...