"According to a recent survey conducted by*Piper Jaffray analyst Troy Jensen, Apple is clearly dominating the enterprise market.*Of the 114 companies surveyed by Pipper Jaffray, 98 percent of them supported iOS.*

Additionally,*89 percent of the companies in the poll gave their employees iOS devices. Android was supported by 79 percent of the companies in the poll, while Microsoft�s Windows Phone platform was only supported by 58 percent*of them.

In terms of device being offered, 57% companies offered their employees an Android device, while only 30 percent offered them Windows Phone devices."

So with all this talk from Chen about Enterprise, why is there no mention of BlackBerry at all?

Posted via my Q10 till maybe get my hands on a Classic
    01-06-15 09:39 PM
    well i would like to see the list of 114 companies. I am sure BB was also offered at some of them. Selective reporting is more or less what i am guessing with the story
    01-06-15 09:42 PM
    well i would like to see the list of 114 companies. I am sure BB was also offered at some of them. Selective reporting is more or less what i am guessing with the story
    My sentiments as well. Was reported through iphonehacks.com which isn't the most reliable source.

01-06-15 09:48 PM
    Yawn

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-06-15 09:53 PM
    im sure apple is the top phone used by business but BB still is also in use in many fortune 500 as well
    01-06-15 09:56 PM
    BlackBerry cares more about what is managing those devices more than the devices themselves. It's all about BES and other services.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    stevepar and thymaster like this.
    01-06-15 10:01 PM
    Apple probably does dominate, but I am sure the majority support BB as well. Especially older models unless they completely dropped BES all together.
    01-06-15 10:30 PM
    The survey does not mention which MDM is managing these iPhones. More than likely a good percentage of them are being managed by BES.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular BlackBerry Passport
    01-07-15 12:14 AM
    The Cnet article about the survey says BB is supported/offered by a quarter of the companies surveyed via their CIO.
    shaleem likes this.
    01-07-15 01:13 AM
    I work for one of the biggest IT Security companies in North America, and trust me when I say, they would never come close to anything other than Blackberries. According to our CEO, anything other than a BlackBerry is beyond risky.
    01-07-15 04:24 AM
    The Cnet article about the survey says BB is supported/offered by a quarter of the companies surveyed via their CIO.
    Meanwhile my agency went to a choice of iPhone 6 or SGS5 with Good as the MDM.
    Apple Dominates Enterprise?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420626683.507555.jpg
    The last BlackBerries were collected Monday and Tuesday and are going back to GSA for disposal. BES server has been shut down.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    milo53 likes this.
    01-07-15 04:34 AM
    And Mike Lazaridis once said that enterprises would or will not sacrifice their security from using BlackBerries for iPhones or Android phones.

Well so much for that prediction. His once dominating company for enterprises their bread & butter is now trying to survive in the very market they helped create against the dominating iPhones and Android phones taking over their turf!

Crazy how things switch from being at the very top and most respected becoming too complacent and arrogant!

 Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    milo53 likes this.
    01-07-15 08:13 AM
    I work for a large US-based tech company and they've phased out BlackBerry. We do have a choice of Android or iOS though. Me? I've gone rogue and I use my personal Z10 for the occasional work task.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:02 AM
    The game changed. My first BB was the blue pancake. It was pretty much the only mobile device that did email. We got BES because BIS sucked.Security was an afterthought.

Next place, we used BB and BES because the ability to also sync contacts and calendar was a big plus over devices that only did POP3/IMAP. The encrypted communication was just gravy.

Then MS finally got a decent implementation of ActiveSync. All of a sudden, devices could securely connect directly to Exchange and sync mail, contacts, calendar.

For a lot of companies, a device password and that SSL connection to Exchange is all the security they need. In a way, BB10 killed itself. It did ActiveSync, so your BB did not need BES anymore. But then again, a BB10 device using ActiveSync did nothing more than an iOS or Android device using ActiveSync.

We went through our hardware upgrade a few months back. We were give a choice between iPhone or SGS5. We have multiple email domains. Not having to support BES and BIS on phones, not having to explain why one domain syncs immediately and the others don't has made my life easier. Could we have had the same results with a BB10 device? Of course. But the app gap, and the uncertainty about BB made the choice easy.

I have a user that swore he could never give up the PKB. I installed SwiftKey on his S5. Within a week he was in my office raving abut how great the keyborad on the S5 was.

There's a market for PKB, and BB has that wrapped up tight. Security? That gap is closing fast for a lot of companies, including some major ones.
    01-07-15 09:06 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420626683.507555.jpg 
Views:	2307 
Size:	455.8 KB 
ID:	325828
    The last BlackBerries were collected Monday and Tuesday and are going back to GSA for disposal. BES server has been shut down.

Yup, been working on a project (at a US gov agency) and recently noticed a few of the directors emails started having the "sent with Good" signature.

So that's that,.. guess Good is good enough.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:06 AM
    Yup, been working on a project (at a US gov agency) and recently noticed a few of the directors emails started having the "sent with Good" signature.

So that's that,.. guess Good is good enough.

Posted via CB10
    Thing is it isn't. Not really. Nowhere near as agile as BES.
    I can't copy and paste. Can't save and send pictures - we often take pictures on a whiteboard and send notes with those pictures. Can't save anything that's an executable - OK I get that but an EXCEL with macros!!?!!?

It kills a fly with a cannon.

On the other hand, it's nice to be able to get white listed apps such as Weather Channel. OPM status, and DC Metro.

01-07-15 09:16 AM
    "According to a recent survey conducted by*Piper Jaffray analyst Troy Jensen, Apple is clearly dominating the enterprise market.*Of the 114 companies surveyed by Pipper Jaffray, 98 percent of them supported iOS.*

Additionally,*89 percent of the companies in the poll gave their employees iOS devices. Android was supported by 79 percent of the companies in the poll, while Microsoft�s Windows Phone platform was only supported by 58 percent*of them.

In terms of device being offered, 57% companies offered their employees an Android device, while only 30 percent offered them Windows Phone devices."

So with all this talk from Chen about Enterprise, why is there no mention of BlackBerry at all?

Yes ok sure.....when ios isn't even the top os in North America.

This survey was very bias obviously look at he source.

Very important key word "of the 114 companies Surveyed""by piper" anyone can rig a poll, for instance I take a poll in Toronto Canada about how multicultural canada is for the whole demographic of Canada or if I was to go queen NY take a poll there to represent how poor the United States is base on my interviews of the homeless ohh yea America is such a poor country.
    Or if I was to go to Italy with all the media about economy collapsing because Italy is in such a deficit bring down the entire EU I should take a poll base off some people in the outskirts clearly minority then blow it out of proportion
    And this is exactly what this poll is about hogwash show the facts

And as well US do not represent the world and even better what does this have to do with BlackBerry to be posting on here if this isn't basing then what is? But yet other will jump how apple name is mention here to much.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-07-15 09:24 AM
    I can see Apple dominating business... as the majority of "business" in the US are small business that in many cases don't even have any EMM.

But Enterprise... who really knows. This is a sector that is very much in flux right now.... for years many of these used BES and BBOS. But BlackBerry announced and end - three or four years ago.

Now personally I think BES12 matched with a BB10 devices is going to be a IT departments dream when it comes to security and management. But I know that many companies made their choices about migrating from BES and BBOS... long ago. When BES License were more expensive, when you couldn't combine BES and BES10, when the company was up for sales and when BB10 was still very "rough on the edges". And when BES10 was missing a number of features (still is missing some) that made managing a non BlackBerry house a difficult prospect.

Either the Classic is the device they have been waiting for and it sells by the millions... or Enterprise has moved on and iOS and Android devices will dominate, and the EMM that best meets the needs of managing these products will dominate in time.
    01-07-15 09:56 AM
    Yes ok sure.....when ios isn't even the top os in North America.
    People know I'm an Android fan personally, and no fan of iOS. But in the US medium-to-large/enterprises, iOS rules the roost. That didn't happen because of smartphones, though - it was this device called the iPad that caused the enterprise revolution.

Companies could keep out iPhones by giving their employees a company-issued phone (BB in most cases), and make their excuses for doing so, but 5 years ago when the iPad was released, everyone wanted them, particularly upper management. They were the new chic, and could be quite handy, and it would be several years before Android caught up (and while Android hardware/OS has caught up, Apple still firmly holds the lead in tablet apps, though that gap is closing as well). So, iPad usage in large companies exploded, which makes sense - employees of such companies, especially higher-level employees, were most able to afford iPads in addition to whatever other devices they had.

It wasn't long before these employees, including C-suite employees, were pushing hard to integrate their iPads into their corporate networks officially. And this started happening right as all of the BYOD MDM products started hitting the market, and caused companies to do a full review of their device needs (and desires). A huge part of the BYOD movement was the result of the iPad forcing the issue, not the iPhone or other smartphones - they were just the primary beneficiary.

I do a lot of work for corporations around the Bay Area and occasionally out-of-state (A/V solutions), and iPads are EVERYWHERE, including in every government agency we've worked with, including a Senator's office. And once you can manage an iPad, it's nothing to allow iPhones too, and for enterprises looking for consistency, the iPhone is the obvious choice if you're only going to issue a single phone (though most give an Android option as well). There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the iPhone has become the de facto standard enterprise-issued phone in the US, and has been for a couple of years already.
    01-07-15 10:00 AM

Additionally,*89 percent of the companies in the poll gave their employees iOS devices. Android was supported by 79 percent of the companies in the poll, while Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform was only supported by 58 percent*of them.

just example from the company I work for:
    Users get BB devices (BBOS or Q10, depending on position) and BES. Few have opted in for BYOD with Androids and iPhones (with future support for Windows and NO BBRY support (however, my Passport enrolled to BYOD as "android device and works no problem)).
    As well, as iPads are used as work tool on site as well as device for directors CEOs.

Now tell me - Wat OS our company supports?
    01-07-15 10:07 AM
    Not only the chic of the iPad. It introduced the possibility of apps that were not available before. This is how iPads went into DHS ICE and TSA. That paved the way for other agencies to use that as a precedent and it paved the way to the iPhone.
    If one is going to discount Apple because it's not for the leading market share in the US, how can argument be made for BlackBerry which is all but non existent in the US? Nonsensical argument.

shaleem, kbz1960 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-07-15 10:08 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420626683.507555.jpg 
Views:	2307 
Size:	455.8 KB 
ID:	325828

it looks like, your agency is a bit shortsighted. well - good luck
    twirlyboy likes this.
    01-07-15 10:09 AM
    it looks like, your agency is a bit shortsighted. well - good luck
    Trust me, I am a fan of all four platforms for my personal devices with a preference for iOS, but for work I fought that move. And lost.

shaleem and kbz1960 like this.
    01-07-15 10:10 AM

Additionally,*89 percent of the companies in the poll gave their employees iOS devices. Android was supported by 79 percent of the companies in the poll, while Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform was only supported by 58 percent*of them.

The reason is because you read a filtered source and not the real source. The real source is

Enterprise tablet adoption slowing, but Apple's iOS still dominates corporate world
    In terms of devices being provided to employees, 89 percent of corporations polled said they give their employees iOS devices, again leading all platforms. Google's Android came in second with 57 percent of companies providing devices, while Windows was at 30 percent, and BlackBerry took 25 percent.
    01-07-15 10:16 AM
    Would make sense Apple would dominate as they are the premier seller in the sector... that being said... the Enterprise market is not a monolith... there are many layers to what is being sold... the part BB is focusing on is connectivity and security... Apple focus has been hardware and applications which is where the IBM partnership comes in.... for those who need high end security BB will be the choice... all this points to is BB being and may always be a niche market company....
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-07-15 10:20 AM
84 123 ...