Produced, not producted... good job on keep writing in English though, you will get better post by post.

Apple did what they think was the right for the market and they were right, once, maybe twice, and they got paid.

But at the same time more than 90% of the companies did what they thought were right for the market and failed miserably. BlackBerry was one of them.

What Chen did with Priv is to test the market and decide what to do next. This approach is by no mean heroic, but it's how most of the technology companies succeed with limited resources.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Thank you.
    I think the heroic heart is always there. Sometimes,if you find the right answer,others will find out it is the right answer.
    I think the popularity of four-inch iphones was not that obvious.

I am Chinese.My English is not good.I write it all by myself.
    03-23-16 01:37 AM
    Maybe.

I remember talking to dozens of people who were whining about the iP6 being "too big" back when they had a 5 or 5s. At least half of those people are now carrying a 6+/6S+, and the others a 6/6S. And all of them have said they would never go back - they now "understand" why people wanted big screens.

The iPhone 5 was popular because it was the only choice at the time. Now that larger screens exist, I think that Apple is going to find that the SE will be much more of a niche product. Many people say they would prefer a smaller phone, but not that many will actually pay for it. At least, not those around me (SF Bay Area, California).

Maybe it will be popular in Asia or something - I dunno. But if my experience is any indication, it would be a flop here.
    You make some valid points Troy, but I also think in the corporate world, the device may be popular because of its size and the price, which as you know in the corporate world is the determining factor these days. Only time will tell.
    03-23-16 04:09 AM
    Well you may but many consumers don't. Especially when videos on YouTube or in general are never sized for a square screen..

Posted via CB10
    That's fine. The screen is large enough. I watch livestreaming TV on my Passport every day. If I want the big screen, I connect it to an external HDMI monitor and it adjusts flawlessly to the 9:16 form factor.
    03-23-16 04:30 AM
    Maybe.

I remember talking to dozens of people who were whining about the iP6 being "too big" back when they had a 5 or 5s. At least half of those people are now carrying a 6+/6S+, and the others a 6/6S. And all of them have said they would never go back - they now "understand" why people wanted big screens.

The iPhone 5 was popular because it was the only choice at the time. Now that larger screens exist, I think that Apple is going to find that the SE will be much more of a niche product. Many people say they would prefer a smaller phone, but not that many will actually pay for it. At least, not those around me (SF Bay Area, California). Maybe it will be popular in Asia or something - I dunno. But if my experience is any indication, it would be a flop here.
    "Flop" is a pretty strong term, dontcha think? They are just expanding their lineup with more choices. The phone will be profitable. 'Nuff said.
    03-23-16 04:33 PM
    iphone se = 6s specs+5s form;
    ?=passport specs+ q10 form(+toolbelt)
    A Classic with decent specs running Android could very well be in BlackBerry"s future.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-23-16 04:39 PM
    Iphone se has a market the "little people"

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 04:42 PM
    I know a lot of folks who loved the form factor of the iPhone 5 series and now that they have upgraded the internals and screen, it will sell like hot cakes.
    I have several family members and friends who are excited about the new Apple phone. The only reason they have not already upgraded is they were turned off by the size of the 6 series.
    bakron1 likes this.
    03-23-16 06:53 PM
    The iPhone 5S design was brilliant. Though it's to small for me. The 6S is perfect, but low battery life.
    03-23-16 09:15 PM
    It's funny because large phones are the rage in most developing markets, including China. Even the huge and expensive iPhone 6S+ is popular there, along with Xiaomi, Samsung and Huawei phablets. I guess it's only in the US and Western European markets where people now want a small communications tool instead of a pocket do-everything computer that barely fits in a pocket.

For me, I thought huge phones were pointless - until I tried one. I've tried the massive Sony Z Ultra and that thing's 6.4" screen would be perfect for me, if it weren't for the ancient internals. My current phone has a 5.5" screen and I think there's room for some expansion
    03-24-16 12:29 AM
    It's funny because large phones are the rage in most developing markets, including China. Even the huge and expensive iPhone 6S+ is popular there, along with Xiaomi, Samsung and Huawei phablets. I guess it's only in the US and Western European markets where people now want a small communications tool instead of a pocket do-everything computer that barely fits in a pocket.

For me, I thought huge phones were pointless - until I tried one. I've tried the massive Sony Z Ultra and that thing's 6.4" screen would be perfect for me, if it weren't for the ancient internals. My current phone has a 5.5" screen and I think there's room for some expansion
    I think Samsung and South Korean girls started all this.Then Chinese girls.Then IPhone, then Blackberry.But what blackberry provided is a device like BBpassport:you like large phones?Ok,I give you this,just for your pocket,for your double-hand style,sized like a passport,a wallet,isn't it great?Blackberry doesn't get it. He just gets what is correct.Thus I love Blackberry.
    03-24-16 01:35 AM
    The iPhone 5 was popular because it was the only choice at the time. Now that larger screens exist, I think that Apple is going to find that the SE will be much more of a niche product. Many people say they would prefer a smaller phone, but not that many will actually pay for it. At least, not those around me (SF Bay Area, California).

Maybe it will be popular in Asia or something - I dunno. But if my experience is any indication, it would be a flop here.
    im willing to bet my sons left ear the new iphone will easily outsell in less than 4-5 months then what the priv will sell all year
    03-24-16 07:57 AM
    Cool! But what this thread do here? Why not on Apple forum?

And I think, that Apple is not cool. They have a lots of security and usability problems. iTunes become a giant combination of functions that is almost impossible to use. Mac OS X, that I remember from the beginning turn in to a complete Windows alike s!!t. I was an Apple fanboy for a long time, I use to work at Apple for a while and now I must admit, that it's almost no difference between Mac OS and Windows. Apple's hardware seriously suks, man. The MacBooks Pro that were the best laptops in the world now turn in to a glamorous crap that no every professional would choose.
    Let's talk about Nvidia or Oculus, who have made much more advanced products that just can't work with Apple OS's. And so on, and so on. I think that Apple is slightly turning in to a Balmer's era Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 08:10 AM
    Two guys Cook and Ive are killing Apple.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 08:12 AM
    im willing to bet my sons left ear the new iphone will easily outsell in less than 4-5 months then what the priv will sell all year
    You aren't setting the bar very high though, in the context of typical Apple device sales. Apple easily sells more phones in an average, non-launch weekend than BB sells in a quarter.
    03-24-16 09:20 AM
    Cool! But what this thread do here? Why not on Apple forum?

And I think, that Apple is not cool. They have a lots of security and usability problems. iTunes become a giant combination of functions that is almost impossible to use. Mac OS X, that I remember from the beginning turn in to a complete Windows alike s!!t. I was an Apple fanboy for a long time, I use to work at Apple for a while and now I must admit, that it's almost no difference between Mac OS and Windows. Apple's hardware seriously suks, man. The MacBooks Pro that were the best laptops in the world now turn in to a glamorous crap that no every professional would choose.
    Let's talk about Nvidia or Oculus, who have made much more advanced products that just can't work with Apple OS's. And so on, and so on. I think that Apple is slightly turning in to a Balmer's era Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    from reading this i would think your talking about a company that is going completely bankrupt and worthless so they must be doing something right
    03-24-16 09:22 AM
    A Classic with decent specs running Android could very well be in BlackBerry"s future.
    I would consider this android classic, maybe. If the build quality is similar to the current classic, not like the keyboard on the priv.
    03-24-16 09:52 AM
    from reading this i would think your talking about a company that is going completely bankrupt and worthless so they must be doing something right
    What company you're talking about? Apple is fine IMO. Maybe you talk about Yahoo? Yep, back days Apple knew how to make really heep electronics. This days they just catching consumers on the good marketing, but that's only with overpriced electronics, that I need to mention looks solid, but hope it's not going to last too long. Google making a good products, HTC do the same, even Microsoft finally gave birth for two solid and more or less convenient OS created one after anoter. Anyway, there were the times when Apple did really good computer devices. Not anymore, though.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 04:21 PM
    What company you're talking about? Apple is fine IMO. Maybe you talk about Yahoo? Yep, back days Apple knew how to make really heep electronics. This days they just catching consumers on the good marketing, but that's only with overpriced electronics, that I need to mention looks solid, but hope it's not going to last too long. Google making a good products, HTC do the same, even Microsoft finally gave birth for two solid and more or less convenient OS created one after anoter. Anyway, there were the times when Apple did really good computer devices. Not anymore, though.

Posted via CB10
    see post 37, if bb was as bad as you claim apple is im pretty sure bb would take that any day of the week
    03-24-16 04:33 PM
    Iphone se no barometer and no 3D touch. This will be a flop of epic proportions.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 04:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that good marketing.... It keeps people buying phones that according to you are of poor quality and that people hate but for some reason keep buying in droves. Must be witchcraft or something.
    03-24-16 05:24 PM
    It's very clear what BlackBerry needs to do:

Release a Z10 sized Priv.

Behold: PRIV SE

03-24-16 05:30 PM
    The difference is there is probably enough users for Apple to make this and make another 100 billion versus the 7 BlackBerry users that wants this with Blackberry and would buy it.
    03-24-16 05:49 PM
    It's very clear what BlackBerry needs to do:

Release a Z10 sized Priv.

Behold: PRIV SE

Ha, you are not too far off! The slider on the "wrong" end of a phone that size must come across as too bulky to some. Let them try that on a smaller phone and let's see how that sells.
    03-24-16 05:57 PM
    Ha, you are not too far off! The slider on the "wrong" end of a phone that size must come across as too bulky to some. Let them try that on a smaller phone and let's see how that sells.
    Very true. The PRIV is wider than a Z10. The Z10 would need some sort of PKB case. Maybe that is what BlackBerry should do. Make PKB cases for other phones. ...just kidding..sort of.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 07:07 PM
    Should be obvious...iPhone sales are down so Apple is cannabalizing it's own customer base. Next announcement will be EOL for OS upgrade support on the 4s.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 07:59 PM
52 123