iphone se = 6s specs+5s form;
    ?=passport specs+ q10 form(+toolbelt)

Cook is great!
    03-22-16 12:38 PM
    when you listen to what consumers want you end up with big sales and happy loyal users
    03-22-16 12:54 PM
    I'd love a Z10 sized phone with an upgraded spec sheet. That's the perfect sized phone to me
    03-22-16 12:54 PM
    I don't think there's a large market for a high-specced $500 Q10.
    gugomat likes this.
    03-22-16 01:01 PM
    One thing for sure is the 1:1 aspect ratio isn't gonna stick with most of the consumers out there. So forget about another Passport or Classic version phone. We need something with a widescreen, like the Vienna.
    03-22-16 01:06 PM
    One thing for sure is the 1:1 aspect ratio isn't gonna stick with most of the consumers out there. So forget about another Passport or Classic version phone. We need something with a widescreen, like the Vienna.
    I love the square screen.
    Tkarps likes this.
    03-22-16 01:20 PM
    Apples new phone is finally worth the price (usually over priced for crappie quality), BlackBerry should stay in mid- end market to build market share, More leap like devices but with Passport like specs. High end with Priv specs.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 02:43 PM
    Any idea how big is iPhone SE's battery? The only gripe my wife has against iPhone 5 is the battery.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    03-22-16 03:06 PM
    I don't think there will be any significant battery capacity change as the dimensions for the SE are the same. SE will rely on more efficient SOC , screen and internal design improvements to match or better the 6S. The rating is 14hr talk time/10 day standby, the same as the 6S.

From Phonearena.
    Apple did what I want BlackBerry to do-6lpoowi.png
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-22-16 03:18 PM
    I know a lot of folks who loved the form factor of the iPhone 5 series and now that they have upgraded the internals and screen, it will sell like hot cakes.
    03-22-16 03:28 PM
    Apples new phone is finally worth the price (usually over priced for crappie quality), BlackBerry should stay in mid- end market to build market share, More leap like devices but with Passport like specs. High end with Priv specs.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly by the time BlackBerry releases another device later this year, the PRIV will be midgrade. The Galaxy S6 is now $530, by the end of the year it will be more like $450. So really what BlackBerry needs is two devices at the end of the year... upgrade for the PRIV (or a new Passport Flagship). Along with a low end PKB type device - something they could sell for $250 - $350.

As for the iPhone SE one detail that Greg Joswiak noted that Apple sold more than 30 million iPhones with four-inch screens in 2015 — iPhone 5s and 5c devices, which both debuted in 2013. Same year that BB10 launched with the Z10 and Q10. I look at the demand, and the customer satisfaction rates for the iPhone... overpriced, I'll give you, but build quality and functionality I think they must be doing something right.
    03-22-16 03:37 PM
    when you listen to what consumers want you end up with big sales and happy loyal users
    Imagine that.
    TgeekB and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    03-22-16 04:49 PM
    I know a lot of folks who loved the form factor of the iPhone 5 series and now that they have upgraded the internals and screen, it will sell like hot cakes.
    For a reasonable price. I might get one, just so iCan play with it... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    bakron1 and dejanh like this.
    03-22-16 04:55 PM
    I love the square screen.
    Well you may but many consumers don't. Especially when videos on YouTube or in general are never sized for a square screen..

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    03-22-16 06:53 PM
    Spreadsheets > videos work wide

Posted via CB10
    whattiger likes this.
    03-22-16 07:06 PM
    Not quite the 6s specs. Ram is a biggie for me. From the 6 to the s, you do see the benefits.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-22-16 07:15 PM
    Not quite the 6s specs. Ram is a biggie for me. From the 6 to the s, you do see the benefits.
    It has 2GB of RAM.
    zocster likes this.
    03-22-16 07:32 PM
    It has 2GB of RAM.
    Wow really? Pretty sure I read 1GB ddr3?
    03-22-16 07:48 PM
    Wow really? Pretty sure I read 1GB ddr3?
    Yes it was benchmarked and had 2.
    zocster likes this.
    03-22-16 07:49 PM
    Their CEO actually listens to their customers, and proudly advertises their products.
    03-22-16 09:25 PM
    Maybe.

I remember talking to dozens of people who were whining about the iP6 being "too big" back when they had a 5 or 5s. At least half of those people are now carrying a 6+/6S+, and the others a 6/6S. And all of them have said they would never go back - they now "understand" why people wanted big screens.

The iPhone 5 was popular because it was the only choice at the time. Now that larger screens exist, I think that Apple is going to find that the SE will be much more of a niche product. Many people say they would prefer a smaller phone, but not that many will actually pay for it. At least, not those around me (SF Bay Area, California).

Maybe it will be popular in Asia or something - I dunno. But if my experience is any indication, it would be a flop here.
    3Dee likes this.
    03-22-16 10:02 PM
    Their CEO actually listens to their customers, and proudly advertises their products.
    But I don't think he is listening to customers,I think he is following his heartroduct the right mobile phone.

I am Chinese.My English is not good.I write it all by myself.
    03-22-16 10:32 PM
    Maybe.

I remember talking to dozens of people who were whining about the iP6 being "too big" back when they had a 5 or 5s. At least half of those people are now carrying a 6+/6S+, and the others a 6/6S. And all of them have said they would never go back - they now "understand" why people wanted big screens.

The iPhone 5 was popular because it was the only choice at the time. Now that larger screens exist, I think that Apple is going to find that the SE will be much more of a niche product. Many people say they would prefer a smaller phone, but not that many will actually pay for it. At least, not those around me (SF Bay Area, California).

Maybe it will be popular in Asia or something - I dunno. But if my experience is any indication, it would be a flop here.

Large screen is like drugs,it addicts people.
    So I appreciate Apple,they producted the right mobile phone,not for costumers,but for what is right.

idhbar likes this.
    03-22-16 10:42 PM
    I would just like to point out that the iPhone SE fails in two areas.

1. The body to screen ratio is only 60% .
    2. Except for Apps and mobile sites the font size is very small. For example - Android devices are much better in displaying a readable font size ( as does BB10). If you have a small screen you need text reflow or a way to set the browser font size. Model T design - no options. Even the Q10 does a better job with Browser font size.

Regardless of the merits of some aspects of the new SE, at least customers would be buying a phone that will still work very well three years from now.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-23-16 at 07:18 PM.
    03-22-16 10:59 PM
    Large screen is like drugs,it addicts people.
    So I appreciate Apple,they producted the right mobile phone,not for costumers,but for what is right.

Produced, not producted... good job on keep writing in English though, you will get better post by post.

Apple did what they think was the right for the market and they were right, once, maybe twice, and they got paid.

But at the same time more than 90% of the companies did what they thought were right for the market and failed miserably. BlackBerry was one of them.

What Chen did with Priv is to test the market and decide what to do next. This approach is by no mean heroic, but it's how most of the technology companies succeed with limited resources.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    03-22-16 11:47 PM
52 123