I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant but have a read:

Apple ramps up its cybersecurity game

My questions:

1. Is the media so in love with apple that going from a 4 digit password to 6 digits make it such a game changer and deserves coverage? When on my blackberry I can put in an super lengthy alpha numeric password that takes a million years to crack?

2. What does a device password have anything to do with cyber security? Shouldn't it be about end to end encryption, vpns, data sandboxing and app/program permissions?

3. Why don't the media talk about how innovative BlackBerry's picture password is?

I apologise again for the rant but I really don't get it and I hope someone can explain this to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 02:08 PM

My questions:

1. Is the media so in love with apple that going from a 4 digit password to 6 digits make it such a game changer and deserves coverage? When on my blackberry I can put in an super lengthy alpha numeric password that takes a million years to crack?
    Because a PIN is the option most people opt for. You can still use the same lengthy alphanumeric password on iOS, it just isn't something most people use. By improving the most common option, you've improved security for the greatest number of people.

2. What does a device password have anything to do with cyber security? Shouldn't it be about end to end encryption, vpns, data sandboxing and app/program permissions?
    Prevents unauthorized data access, especially since iOS uses your device password to encrypt the phone by default. The other things are important too, no doubt.

3. Why don't the media talk about how innovative BlackBerry's picture password is?
    Because nobody cares. I know it's harsh, but it's true - even if it were the best password system out there, it's not something many people will ever use because it's on an OS the market has predominantly rejected. It all comes back to my first answer - improving security for the greatest number of people.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 02:21 PM
    Windows has picture password too, actually I think it's even more secure than blackberrys

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 02:33 PM

My questions:

I apologise again for the rant but I really don't get it and I hope someone can explain this to me.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you care?
    09-13-15 04:44 PM
    Why do you care?
    Why do you care why he cares?

Actually no need to answer cuz I don't care why you care that he cares.

Now if anybody cares or doesn't care why I may or may not care why the poster cares why the OP cares, please let me know.

All I care about is that I had to drop my uber convenient and excellent BlackBerry Picture Password to a time consuming traditional password when I got enrolled in my employer's BES just so that I could be on call/email 24/7. That I care about.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:43 PM
    Why do you care why he cares?

Actually no need to answer cuz I don't care why you care that he cares.

Now if anybody cares or doesn't care why I may or may not care why the poster cares why the OP cares, please let me know.

All I care about is that I had to drop my uber convenient and excellent BlackBerry Picture Password to a time consuming traditional password when I got enrolled in my employer's BES just so that I could be on call/email 24/7. That I care about.

Posted via CB10
    Apple Care... Plus...

buy it with your next iDevice... ;-P

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    09-13-15 06:19 PM
    Apple Care... Plus...

buy it with your next iDevice... ;-P

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    Never bought an idevice.. probably never will. Great product, just unwilling to pay the price of entry.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 06:22 PM