You are aware that the Z30 is essentially a copy of the original iPhone, just saying.
    Yea sure ok buddy because they look and feel and does the same things right -_- that's like me saying the khalifa burj is essentially a copy of the eiffel tower, fyi I own the original iPhone as well, the resemblance is uncanny -_-..ps don't quit your day job.
    Apple brings BlackBerry pkb features to their software keyboard-img_0213_edit.jpg

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    06-11-15 07:14 AM
    The virtual trackpad isn't for the phones, but iPads as noted.
    You are the sharp one aren't you, as noted i said ios NOT iPhone last time I checked ipads uses ios or did you create a completely different os for it on your own Mr cook?

06-11-15 07:16 AM
    Oh and maybe someone made a black one instead of silver. Those are trivial details. Look at phones before the iPhone and after. Format, software they run, the music also aspect. They totally changed what a smartphone was. Hard stop.
    Yes and look at sales in the smartphone market before the iPhone and after. BlackBerry had to change. Everyone had to change because consumer and business expectations changed. It wasn't a copy. If anything they copied WebOS UI more than the iPhone. The fact that BlackBerry isn't focusing on that form factor, and week sales of their product line, now shows how much they want to stay in the smartphone market.

Posted via Z30
    06-11-15 07:32 AM
    No, I'm not sure who was first. But Apple made one far, far before Blackberry did.
    Yep and that sure justify things then doesn't it, well I'll use your logics, blackberry was making phones way before apple did and was #1 way before apple was, and by #1 I mean all over the world not just in the US. Was so iconic when someone say smart phone automatically a BlackBerry comes to mind, not so with the iphone at its prime go Google smart phone see what picture comes up 1 st. Or touch screen phone.

06-11-15 07:36 AM
    Yea sure ok buddy because they look and feel and does the same things right -_- that's like me saying the khalifa burj is essentially a copy of the eiffel tower, fyi I own the original iPhone as well, the resemblance is uncanny -_-..ps don't quit your day job.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0213_edit.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	357019

Do you actually expect anyone to take this seriously? You forgot to show what phones looked like before the iPhone, which was my point. Now, I understand why one might like to skip that point, but since it is the central point, that the Z30 is basically an iPhone derivative in substantial ways, I wanted to point out the facts. Here is what phones looked like BEFORE the iphone.

Something like:

Or

So is your Z30 closer to the iPhone or the other phones from 2007?
    techvisor likes this.
    06-11-15 07:50 AM
    You are the sharp one aren't you, as noted i said ios NOT iPhone last time I checked ipads uses ios or did you create a completely different os for it on your own Mr cook?

I was clarifying that it is an iPad only feature from what I can tell.
    06-11-15 07:52 AM
    Yep and that sure justify things then doesn't it, well I'll use your logics, blackberry was making phones way before apple did and was #1 way before apple was, and by #1 I mean all over the world not just in the US. Was so iconic when someone say smart phone automatically a BlackBerry comes to mind, not so with the iphone at its prime go Google smart phone see what picture comes up 1 st. Or touch screen phone.

What in the world are you talking about? You asked about tablets and I answered. Do you have a point? About tablets?
    06-11-15 07:54 AM

I think if you look at the data you'll find that the #1 "smartphone platform" was Nokia's Symbian in much of the world before 2009 or so, even though here in the U.S. Nokia had almost no presence in the smartphone market, and BB was the clear #1 with a higher share than iOS or Android has ever attained. But, as lnichols explained, the overall market was much smaller at that time.
    06-11-15 12:28 PM
    I don't see the relevance of the camcorder example here. If someone were to say "hey, that BB pkb isn't all that impressive, I was typing e-mails on my Gateway keyboard in 1998", you'd probably point out that that a desktop computer is not a smartphone. Similarly, a camcorder is not a smartphone, so comparisons on features don't really make sense in an argument about smartphone innovation (on the other hand, if the discussion is about the smartphone as a camcorder replacement, then the comparison would be more appropriate). But let's consider the larger picture here. Whether or not you or anyone else believes the smartphone industry players are "innovating," we're at the point when a smartphone is a credible alternative to a dedicated camcorder. To me this is evidence that the industry as a whole is moving forward, which right now seems to be enough for most users.

U
    Apologies, I somehow overlooked your response. I used the camcorder as an example to the person who thought taking a picture while recording video was something new. The act of taking a picture while recording with the same camera is not new technology. The implementation of a virtual track pad is not new technology or innovation.

Had credit been given where it was due this would not be in discussion or of relevance. Should have gone a lil something like this. We here at Apple wanted to improve our users' data entry experience, so we refined the touchscreen mouse introduced by (So and So), and implemented a virtual trackpad. This will aid in selecting text, cursor placement, and so on....

But we all know Apple will never do that.
    06-11-15 01:14 PM
    You are aware that the Z30 is essentially a copy of the original iPhone, just saying.
    This is true in essence, all modern smartphones have essentially borrowed or are modelled after the iPhone. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't understand technology or flat out refuses to give credit. The basic foundation of the modern smartphone was laid out from Apple, which includes:
    - Touch screen with multi-touch, pinch to zoom in and out. Using fingers for input.
    - Dynamic screen orientation, landscape - portrait
    - Touch screen virtual keyboard used by fingers
    - App store (not on original iPhone but launched the next year - 2008)
    - Powerful browsing experience, browser with rich feature set
    - Smartphone as a content consumption device, most notably music (iTunes)
    - Large display size
    - High storage capacity
    - Concept of a flagship device: prior to iPhone carriers viewed phones as cheap devices that were only used to get customers to commit to contracts, iPhone demonstrated that the the phone itself could be a driving factor for generating sales. It dramatically changed carrier relationships with cell phone makers.

Now for the record I have absolutely no problem with BlackBerry using these design elements, as it clearly had become the de facto standard. Also I give Blackberry credit for some nice innovations such as HUB and Blend. I also give credit to BlackBerry as a smartphone pioneer, as they showed that a phone can do more than just make calls.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    06-11-15 02:53 PM
    This is true in essence, all modern smartphones have essentially borrowed or are modelled after the iPhone. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't understand technology or flat out refuses to give credit. The basic foundation of the modern smartphone was laid out from Apple, which includes:
    - Touch screen with multi-touch, pinch to zoom in and out. Using fingers for input.
    - Large display size
    - High storage capacity
    - Concept of a flagship device: prior to iPhone carriers viewed phones as cheap devices that were only used to get customers to commit to contracts, iPhone demonstrated that the the phone itself could be a driving factor for generating sales. It dramatically changed carrier relationships with cell phone makers.

Now for the record I have absolutely no problem with BlackBerry using these design elements, as it clearly had become the de facto standard. Also I give Blackberry credit for some nice innovations such as HUB and Blend. I also give credit to BlackBerry as a smartphone pioneer, as they showed that a phone can do more than just make calls.
    Adjusting for obvious reasons. I would say touchscreen phones were modelled from the iphone. But again, at some point credit has to be given where it is due.
    06-11-15 03:03 PM
    Adjusting for obvious reasons. I would say touchscreen phones were modelled from the iphone. But again, at some point credit has to be given where it is due.
    I have no problem at all giving Blackberry credit where it's due, for example:
    - HUB, blend
    - Fantastic security
    - Great browser (not sure if they are still #1 though)
    - Physical and virtual keyboard
    - Gesture capabilities of BB10
    - Great email

It's all good
    06-11-15 03:22 PM
    I have no problem at all giving Blackberry credit where it's due, for example:
    - HUB, blend
    - Fantastic security
    - Great browser (not sure if they are still #1 though)
    - Physical and virtual keyboard
    - Gesture capabilities of BB10
    - Great email

It's all good
    I mean from them, the company's. Lol.
    06-11-15 03:29 PM
    [QUOTE=techvisor;11709798]This is true in essence, all modern smartphones have essentially borrowed or are modelled after the iPhone. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't understand technology or flat out refuses to give credit. The basic foundation of the modern smartphone was laid out from Apple, which includes:
    - Large display size
    - High storage capacity

Now for the record I have absolutely no problem with BlackBerry using these design elements, as it clearly had become the de facto standard. Also I give Blackberry credit for some nice innovations such as HUB and Blend. I also give credit to BlackBerry as a smartphone pioneer, as they showed that a phone can do more than just make calls.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree that BB and others have contributed to the evolution of the smartphone. Nokia perhaps as much as anyone. I just am dumbfounded when I read others here saying Apple hasn't innovated. I mean, look in your hands.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-11-15 03:31 PM
    - Large display size
    - High storage capacity

This was my first touchscreen phone and it dang sure wasn't an iPhone! Early 2000s, about 2003.
    Apple brings BlackBerry pkb features to their software keyboard-img_20150611_164231.png

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    06-11-15 04:44 PM
    - Large display size
    - High storage capacity

You should know the LG Viewty was released before the iPhone with better multimedia integration, a better camera, a better browser, haptic feedback, a more durable screen, faster data connection and an excellent OS with a thriving app community (open, it could run practically anything). The LG Viewty was a better phone and more units were sold.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 04:49 PM
    Lines and lines full of people camping out for this!
    06-16-15 04:30 AM
    Search for : trackpad editor in bbworld and you'll get what you want

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 04:45 AM
93 ... 234