10-13-09 01:31 PM
35 12
tools
    Put aside a couple of days!

I think we spent 6 hours drinking and playing that stupid paper ball game before we had to put it down, then before the night was through we had played it again.

I would buy a Storm 2 as my next phone if it had that game on it,
    It never will because RIM won't make use of the onboard gpu..
    10-13-09 12:31 AM
    It never will because RIM won't make use of the onboard gpu..
    Don't say Never,
    Rim will have to make use of an onboard GPU in time, the processor will only power so much, as resolutions go up, and feature sets increase they will have to for battery conservation, it just wont be the storm 2 I suspect, but the storm 4 before we see onboard GPU's
    10-13-09 06:29 AM
    Don't say Never,
    Rim will have to make use of an onboard GPU in time, the processor will only power so much, as resolutions go up, and feature sets increase they will have to for battery conservation, it just wont be the storm 2 I suspect, but the storm 4 before we see onboard GPU's

Storm 1, blackberry tour and Storm 2 all have onboard GPU's which the Blackberry OS still don't support yet. The GPU is just as powerful as the Iphone 3G.
    10-13-09 06:51 AM
    i don't really care what other people think about which phone is better. i just get what one i like. i don't see why anyone else would care either.
    That's how I feel too.

I will say when I went out to get a smartphone, I stopped in the AT&T store. I was standing there playing with the demo phone for 10-15 minutes and no one came to me...there were 3 people working inside their circular cubicle in the middle of the store and plainly saw me, but choose to look the other way. I even walked over and asked a question, but got a bored "I-don't-care-leave-me-alone" monotone reply. So I walked out and went down the hall to Verizon. I haven't been sorry.
    10-13-09 07:46 AM
    give it two years and i want to see what peoples excuse is when we dont hold the larger market value and windows mobile and andriod pass us.
    iPhone's already been out for over 2 years, and Android over 1 and WMo's been out forever and yet BB's still held their same marketshare over the past couple years.
    10-13-09 07:49 AM
    It all goes back to the carrier.
    AT&T sucks.
    10-13-09 08:05 AM
    When people say the Iphone is better, or is more pop then BB. I laugh because I see blackberrys in ever market on every carrier I only see Iphones on ATnT so I'm gonna say RIM is safe for now. LoL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 08:34 AM
    The iphone is just a flashy toy.
    10-13-09 09:44 AM
    Flashy toy or not, the iPhone has been an incredible success for Apple, and has managed to completely crush AT&T's network along the way, into a giant pile of wimpering goo.

I'll be the first to admit that Cingular/AT&T's network was never "great" - but it was never totally awful either.
    Until iPhone showed up that is. Since then, having a 30% dropped call rate in places like N.Y.C. is considered "normal"?!
    AT&T really oversold their network, and they're paying the price for it. They're scrambling trying to extend their network, at the cost of Billions, just to accomidate the heavy data usage being consumed NOW by their iPhone customers - nevermind future iPhone sales. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if at some point, they started putting monthly caps on iPhone data usage.

Would having the iPhone on a different network like Verizon be of public interest? Sure it would! A lot of people would love to jump over to VZ because of what their own iPhone and millions of others have done to help shread the AT&T network.

Which is exactly why I doubt the top brass at Big Red or other carriers are going to be seeking such a partnership with Apple until they feel their network can handle such a masssive volume of incoming iPhone users.

Maybe when they get their 4G LTE up and running - maybe if they say "OK- but we're capping all you data-hungry iPhone users at 5GB a month".
    Either that, or people who chew up massive amounts of cellular data, can expect to get similarly fatter bills in the mail.

I know myself, I'd be really P.O.'d if within a year of VZ selling the iPhone, suddenly their network starts going into the dumper ala AT&T because of the strain of all these "no-data-limit" iPhones are causing, and nobody was doing anything about keeping the channels open for us more pedestrian BlackBerry and non-smartphone users.

But that's pretty much what AT&T did to themselves... No data caps or throttling schemes to keep excessive data usage from overtaking their network, keep selling tons of iPhones with unlimited data plans while taking your pokey time about putting a real 4G network in place.
    IPhone owners who tether and download 4GB movies across the network probably don't help much either. (Sarcasm?)

Anyhoo - that's my comment when it comes to iPhone stuck on a crappy carrier.
    10-13-09 01:14 PM
    Can we PLEASE I am begging now people. STOP THIS ******** Apple CRAP already. I am so sick and tired of seeing these types of posts here on our BLACKBERRY forum.

All these posts do is cause flame wars pure and simple.
    10-13-09 01:31 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD