No, not if they're part of the OS and cannot be deleted, is every part of the OS UI an "app" now?

Posted via CB10
    Um the messaging app IS part of the OS and CAN'T be deleted. Activating an email account activates the email icon to appear and the application itself. Delete the email service books and the account and the application is now hidden. The functionality lies within the OS. The service book activates it.
    12-14-13 08:29 AM
    @JohnnyUK
    Thanks for the insight with regards to how the device gets it's email via Outlook. I thought the BIS connection had email pushed along to the device as opposed to the device itself polling the email server (ie Outlook) for it's emails.

One thing though; my use of the word security in my post wasn't in regards to the emails or how they're routed, what I referring to was the fact that going thru the setup process I detailed for him is more secure for the user account; that it is only accessed from the device and otherwise more difficult to get access to due to the two-step authentication, that's all.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-14-13 08:31 AM
    No, not if they're part of the OS and cannot be deleted, is every part of the OS UI an "app" now?

Posted via CB10
    No your off in that one. There are plenty of apps that are stock and can't be deleted but they are still apps.
    avt123 and gogurt48 like this.
    12-14-13 08:33 AM
    OP get BlackBerry 9720

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:40 AM
    Of course the stock apps are apps! Belfast your ignorance of Operating Systems and software in general is well documented in these forums.

Do you even know what "app" is short for?

It's "application", as in a software applications. As in a software application that runs ON an Operating System.

The Messages application bundled WITH the legacy BlackBerry Operating System can not be anything other than "app".

Oh wait, you think just because it comes WITH the Operating System that is IS the Operating System. I don't know how many times you need this explained to you, the Operating System is the bit that you CAN'T see that is making everything work in the background.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK
    In that case do you consider every part of the UI and "app" just because it runs on the OS?

BlackBerry have never called it "messaging app" they called it "messaging folder"

Is the sms folder in a dumb phone an "app" too now?

Ridiculous how far this app thing has gone.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:41 AM
    They are called "service books" not apps, they are pushed to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Belfast you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Service Books in legacy BBOS are merely the settings for the email, PIM and other apps that need to communicate over the NOC. Settings such as account settings and how to communicate over the carriers network, BIS and the NOC.

The Messages, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes apps bundled with BBOS are not Service Books they are apps that use the settings inside Service Books.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK
    avt123, Branta, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    12-14-13 08:45 AM
    OK, the contentious attitude ends here.
    avt123, johnnyuk, ESCON and 3 others like this.
    12-14-13 08:47 AM
32 12